Monday, 19 May 2014

The Monday Meow ~ A day in the life of Snowie ~ Older Cats are Cool Too!

Welcome to

The Monday Meow


Hello effuryone, it's me Snowie, I kicked Basil off the blog today and decided to have a go at hosting fur a day! 

He wasn't too happy but I said, "Look pipsqueak I'm older than mew so move along, ok!"

He replied, "Whateffur Snowbeast, but I'm not giving mew anymore of my Dreamie rations!"

And that was that, so here I am and Basil's in the shed making keyrings and bookmarks fur the day.
  
***~*~*~*~***

 I may be an OAC [Old Age Cat] but that doesn't mean I'm past my prime, so today I thought I show some of mew younger cats what mew've got to look forward when mew get to my age - which is 15 [human years] on the 24th July and according to some age conversion charts that's approx 80+ in cat years, so I'm way past pension age! MOL

Anways I thought I'd share an average day of my life as an independent OAC in a multi-cat household.



I wake up a have a little think about the day ahead, before I tootle into the laundry with the others fur breakfast.



Then I may have a little sit down before I decide what's on the days agenda.



If it's a nice, warm sunny day I'll go outside, purrhaps have a little wander along the top of the fence and survey things.



Then I might get on one of the garden benches and have a mini catnap



If I'm still feeling a little tired, I may come back inside and get in one of the may beds and have a supurr comfy snooze.



I'll probably head off back into the garden after lunch and go on some deep jungle exploration and see if there's anything worth noming on the way...


Hiding out in the jungle is nice when it's hot



Then if I get too cool, I go and have a roll on the gravel, as there's nothing like a good rolling session in the sunshine.



If it rains, I may just stay indoors and get snuggled in my fluffy poof and watch outdoors through the patio windows, it's great cat TV.



I always take a late afternoon siesta, and that usually takes me up to dinnertime



And after dinner, it's uber snuggle time and time fur my main snooze.

***~*~*~*~***

So there mew have it, I do hope mew didn't mind me hijacking the blog today, but I feel it's necessary to show that older cats are just as fabulous as their younger counterparts and should neffur be overlooked especially when they need a home.

So I'll sign off now and hope that mew all have a supurr snuggly day, get lots of delicious cuddles, kitty kisses and noms, and Basil will be back in a couple of days with his usual Wednesday post.

Supurr cute purrs

Snowie


17 comments:

  1. Snowie, your routine doesn't seem to be any different from many younger cats'! Binga is 13 and will be 14 in a few months, and she still has the zoomies... a lot! Maybe too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Snowie!! You are totally young at heart and full of beans! Awww! take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your day! Mom says older kitties are just as special as younger ones!
    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snowie you give OAC hope for what they can still continue to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww Snowie, you are sooooo cute. I'm glad you hijacked the blog so we got to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaaw Snowie yous awe so gawjus. Meez sisfuw just tuwned 15 and hers is still just as pawsum as evew. Der's nuffin in da wowld bettew den a kitty at any age. ☺

    Luv and Hugs and Kitty kisses ♥♥♥

    Dezi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Snowie!
    We are glad you did this post!
    Our JJ and Treasure will be 16 this year and they still runaround
    just fine! Georgia will be 11 in July.
    Julie is the baby at 5 ;)
    We also think you are very good looking :)
    Purrs Georgia and Julie,
    Treasure, JJ
    and Angels Tiger and Tillie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty kitty you are! Sounds like a perfect plan ~Rascal and Rocco

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Snowie. You sure had a full day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are definitely a beauty!!!!
    Enjoy your day!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Snowie you are a beautiful cat and wear your age wonderfully. It sounds like you have a great plan for a full day. I'm glad that you hijacked today's post. It was purr-fect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Snowie, we loved hearing from you, and seeing your beautiful self, so we did not mind one bit that you hijacked the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Snowie, we really enjoyed hearing from you and seeingyour beautiful self. So we did not mind one bit that you hijacked the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey dere Snowie. Since yoo took ovfur Basils Blog ah took ovfur Timmys
    I am Buddy Budd and am da elder of da Tomcat Home. Yep yoo right. We nappin a bit more but we got it goin on big time. Where would them youngins be iffin not fur us anymeow!
    I purr ya
    Buddy Budd

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did such a great post and you are fabulous, Snowie! We LOVE all the pictures of you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Snowie...you are a real beauty and so healthy and active for an OAC. We never would have guessed your age as 15. Lily Olivia is 15 and her day is much like yours. Glad you got to have an opportunity to take over the blog. You did an excellent job. Is Basil planning on selling any of those key rings or bookmarks on Etsy? XO, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete

*Waves Paw* we love comments and do purr extra loud when mew leave one, and we do try to reply to effurypurrdy and visit mew too! ❤️❤️❤️

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...