Thursday, 17 July 2014

Thinking About Thursday with Smoochie - Nutritional Notions & Wellness Regimes

Welcome to

Thinking About Thursday

Thinking about Important Stuff Today



Smoochie here, I thought I'd better hijack the blog today before it goes **KABOOM** thanks to Amber's totally cray cray antics yesterday

I've been really wanting to do this post fur a couple of weeks, but I've to wait patiently fur a vacant slot and today was it! MOL

Anyhoo, I'm here now, better late than neffur, don't worry I'm not going to go rattle on, it's short and sweet, just like me.

Nutritional Notions & Wellness Regimes

My topic today is nutritional notions and wellness regimes, as many of mew know I'm a speshul needs kitty and fur those that don't, mew can find out more on The Smooch Report page. 

But I digress, where was I... ah yes, I'm a speshul needs kitty, unlike my four legged siblings I only have three legs which is ok, I manage the best I can but it's furry important that I get proper nutrition to help maintain my muscular strength and overall wellness plus vitality.  This is true fur all kitties I might add, but as I have extra stress on my remaining back leg and my spine it's vital fur me to get all the help I can.

We've found, if mew want expert advice go straight to the professionals, and the best place to get the right nutritional information is at your local veterinary clinic, where they will have all the optimum advice and if they are like ours, they will probably stock many different varieties of high quality pet-foods available on the market right now. 

Your vet will also weigh mew, and from that will deduce exactly how much food mew require each day, as sometimes our humans can be a little too generous without even realising it, I know this as my big [big being the right choice] sisfur Amber is, lets say, a little tubby. [But she does hoover up effuryones left-overs!]

Portion control is key, especially if mew have a tubby tummy like Amber... but don't tell her I said that. Plus getting plenty of exercise to jiggle that jelly belly away is most important too.

Also, do mew need to supplement with extra vitamins?  Fur me purrsonally, I have these [see photo below] a few times a week, as an extra treat alongside my wet and dry food diet. Yes, I do get to snack between meals with these, plus they make my coat silky smooth and shiny!




Another important factor in maintaining an ongoing and stress free wellness regime is pet insurance, sadly fur me at the time of my accident, being a feral kitty I didn't have any and my operation cost a considerable amount of money, howeffur the first thing that the P.A. did after my operation, when she brought me to my furever home was to get me fully insured.  I know it's a little 'after the horse has bolted' but she learned from previous experience that Pet Insurance can be invaluable, especially with vets fees being so high.  

So in our family we are all insured as the P.A. says we are too precious not to be, and it also gives peace of mind 'just in case' something crops up in the future. 

So there mew have it, how I stay healthy, full of beans and bursting with vitality, and the P.A. remains stress-free about the cost of pet health care -  with a combination of:

good nutrition
vitamins fur cats
exercise & playtime


Anyhoo, there's my Smoochie thoughts, on diet, exercise and not getting caught out with huge vets bills

Happy Thursday

Smoochie Purrs

Smoochie xox


13 comments:

  1. PepiSmartDog: Hi there buddy! I was so thrilled to zoom to your site and meet you.
    Love your post, it very interesting and informative too.
    I look forward to learning more about you over the coming weeks and months.
    Thank you so much for joining our Thankful Thursday Weekly Blog Hop. We really appreciate you and your posts and hope to see you this week too.
    Don't get put off cause you don't have many comments; just keep posting and eventually comments will start trickling in. For ages I didn't have comments myself. BOL!
    And I still don't get many. Lots of pals read posts but don't leave comments.
    Hope to see lots of times in our blog hop. So happy you joined us!
    *waves paw* :=o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *waving back* Hiya Pepi, thanks so much fur stopping by today and fur your kind words of encouragement, it's greatly appreciated. Glad to join in on your Thursday gig, and spread the happy vibes!

      Basil & Co XOX

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing this important information with us Smoochie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smoochie says, "mew are furry welcome!" XOX Purrs Smooch XOX

      Delete
  3. All expert advice. Thank you for posting this important information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very important information! I'm glad that you were able to share and that you are taking extra special care of yourself. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smoochie this was a great post and we can understand why you especially would need extra special care for your nutrition and the pet insurance is really a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So those vitamins taste good? Like treats? EXCELLENT.

    Purrs,
    Nissy #Niss4Senate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing all this excellent information. XO, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great info! And a super impawtant post too!
    Thanks for sharing Smooch, and I love that last photo of you too!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm trying to decide about the pet insurance. I need to sit down with the bills and decide if the wellness add-on makes sense. Love your header by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. PepiSmartDog: Always interesting to read The Smoochie Report! :=o)
    Thank you for joining us again in our Thankful Thursday Weekly Blog Hop.
    We always enjoy your posts and piccies. :=o)

    ReplyDelete

*Waves Paw* we love comments and do purr extra loud when mew leave one, and we do try to reply to effurypurrdy and visit mew too! ❤️❤️❤️

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...