Wednesday, 3 December 2014

Wordy On Wednesday ~ City of Remarkable Kitties ~ Cat Portraits

Wordy On Wednesday

Many Salutations Pawseome Furriends

Today I'm delighted to share my blog with

Allegra Ashley

and her 

City of Remarkable Kitties

Allegra is a very talented artist who creates the most delightful and very colourful cat portraits, as mew can see below
Image (54).jpg

Allegra's Story:

I'm a single mom from Miami, FL. I spent my teen years in foster care because I'm a child abuse survivor.

My primary entertainment during my teens was drawing, painting and decorating t shirts. I sold my crafts to the adults at the group home to earn spending money for Prince and Madonna tapes.

When I turned 18, I went to a private art college thanks to grants and loans. I studied fashion design but found that I liked drawing the fashion illustrations more than making the actual garments. I dropped out after realizing that I was more of an artist than a seamstress.

When I left college, my roommate and I divided up our 5 stray cats, and I took my two cats to live with me at a hotel on Miami Beach, where a stripper who was moving out gave me a third cat. My cats liked to pose and I would sketch them in my free time.

I met my musician ex boyfriend on Miami Beach while I was working at a nightclub. We lived together for 12 years and we have a daughter together.

When my daughter was little, I didn't want to leave her in child care, so I began selling on eBay in 2001 so that I could be home to take care of my daughter and bring in an income for my family. I used to sell items from my own collections but a friend of mine suggested selling my cat sketches. When those sold, I got hooked on selling my art online.

My daughter had a project in junior high school where she wrote a children's book about a city entirely populated by cats.

She wrote the text and I drew the illustrations. That inspired the series of ACEO art cards that I currently sell on eBay called City of Remarkable Kitties or C.O.R.K. 

This is the link to my eBay profile where I currently have cat art listed for auction.


This is the Pinterest board where I archive all the cats in the series to remember them and show my past work.


This is my cat related Twitter account where I share my cat art.



Image (127).jpg
Allegra and her daughter



DSCN1163.JPG
Stefano and his Dragon

>^.^<

If mew are interested in any of Allegra's work, please feel free to contact her or check out her galleries on Pinterest or Ebay and don't furget to follow her for all the latest news on Twitter too!   

I'm sure they'd make the purrfect Catmass Gift fur anyone.

Furry many thanks to Allegra fur being here with us today and sharing her totally pawesome artistic skillz and we wish her much success with her marvellous

City of Remarkable Kitties

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another feature post fur mew, until then

Happiest purrs

Basil xox


6 comments:

  1. dood...we just sneeked over ta ebay N theeze werks oh art bee awesum !! we loves de hippie kitteh N de pajamaz kitteh N oooo la la...de sexy french maids .......wink...wink..... ♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Love it Basil!!!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing life story Allegra has, We will go and check out her work now. Thanks, Basil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing...

    lots of Noodle hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love the name! City of remarkable kitties! Will be checking that out. ~Rascal and Rocco

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool stuff basil. I cannot see your images for some reason but the link was a good excuse to visit eBay where we once did some biz.
    Purrs my furend
    Timmy

    ReplyDelete

*Waves Paw* we love comments and do purr extra loud when mew leave one, and we do try to reply to effurypurrdy and visit mew too! ❤️❤️❤️

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...