Tuesday, 16 June 2015

Tuesday Tails! The Curse of The Klepto Bunny ~ Part VIII


Welcome to


glitter maker

featuring our latest high octane adventure 


Wunderpurr greetings supurr furriends

Welcome to Part VII of our latest bonkers adventure and if mew've missed out on the story thus far, please click the links below to get up to speed:


>^.^<

A quick recap from last week...


"Oh fur all that is merciful, get a grip mew guy's, I don't know how much more I can take today!" I declared. "Smooch remove that heinous thing and sanitize the console, purrlease!"

Taking a moment I regrouped and then said. "We've been lucky today, but The Baron will be back, mark my words and next time he's going to be angrier than effur and an angry bunny is an unpredictable bunny!"

The Clan looked at me, serious expressions etched on their faces, and then Amber spoke. "So what's the plan Basil, how are we going to stop The Baron once and fur all?"

I pondered this fur the briefest of moments and then said, "Mew know I think I've got just the plan!"

**AND CUT**


*   *   *

Part Eight

Black Outs, Black Ops & Black Ninja Cats

** AND ACTION**


An hour had passed and we were all still in the bunker thrashing out the new plan.

When out of the blue, the lights went out.



"Powercut!" Amber called through inky pitch. 

"Wait," I said calmly. "The back-up generator should kick in right about now!"



A few seconds later a low rumbling sound could be heard and the console and monitors lit up, but the overhead lighting was dim and effurything was bathed in a soft blue glow.

Snowie, hopped down off the central desk and pootled towards her station. 



She began expertly tapping on the keyboard and a whole new set of schematics appeared on the screens throughout the control room.   "Basil," she said after a few moments. "It would appear the generator seems to be surging and that's why full power hasn't been fully restored, we're only getting the barest minimum to run the computers and camera's, effurything else is down."

I pondered this fur a second or two. "The Baron is back!" I said with much annoyance, suddenly feeling furry tired. "And obviously he's cut the mains power and tried to sabotage the back-up generator too..."

"Will he effur stop?" Parsley asked.

I shook my head. "No young Parsley, he won't effur stop and now he's lost his bobtail too, well all I can say is he's going to one really p****d off rabbit!"

Parsley looked at me and smiled in the most wicked way I've effur seen. "Basil, if I asked mew something, would mew let me do it?"

"That all depends," I said rather suspiciously, but loving the wicked glint in his eye. "What did mew have in mind?"

"Let's talk over there!" he nodded and jumped off the desk.



We moved into the shadows and Parsley edged closer. 

"I'm listening," I said.

He whispered. "It's dark right?"

I nodded.

"It's a blackout, yeah?"

I nodded.

"I'm black right?"

I nodded.

"Black on black!"

I looked at him with much confusion. "Black on black?"

"Yes, I'm invisible in the dark, Predator style!" Parsley gave me a grin that really lit my fire.

"Ohhhhhhhhh.... I get mew!" I answered. "Mew are going to..."

But before I could answer, effurything went black... again.



"Oh fur all that is merciful!" I snapped. "Snowie, can mew get the secondary generator working?"

I heard Snowie sigh.  "It's on level Five and I'm going to have go down the chute, as the elevators are not an option."

"I'll go with mew," Amber said.  "Come on, the two of us can get that old Ruston Engine working, I know it's off Noah's Ark but that old thing will last furever."  

"Are mew sure we can turn the crank?" Snowie asked jumping off her chair.

"Oh fur sure, me and mew can get Big Bertha up and running in no time!" Amber replied.  "Come on, let's go down chute 3."

"Have mew got your comms on?" I asked.

"Sure do," Snowie answered.

"Keep us posted and if mew see anypurdy in the bunker tell me immediately and evade at all costs, your mission is to restore power only, ok?" 

They nodded and left the control room and then it was just me, Parsley, Humphrey, Smooch & Posie in the dark.

"Parsley, do mew still want to go through with it?" I asked.

"Through with what?" Humphrey piped in.

"Mew betcha I do!" Parsley said gleefully.

"Through with what?" Smooch asked this time.

"Parsley is going full-on Predator," I answered.

"What?" Posie cried. "No, no, no... it's too dangerous!"

I took a deep breath. "Posie, what option do we really have right now?"

Humphrey cut in. "I've got your back Parsley, me and mew brother, we'll ninja the freak out of those ferrets ok? Black on black furever!"

"Look," I said, a little more tersely than I wanted. "Mew know that ferret hoard will have night vision goggles and all the gadgets mew could effur need to ambush in blackness... we have no choice but to let Parsley and now Humphrey go full on predator, those ferrets will neffur know what hit them!"

*    *    *

We made a quick plan as we hurried to my secret weapons store fur the second time that day, we'd just tooled up when I heard Amber over the headset. 

"Basil, the ferret hoard are moving quickly and quietly towards the control centre, mew'll all be trapped if mew don't make a move now!" she sounded annoyed and scared at the same time.

"Thanks Amber," I answered. "Parsley and Humphrey have a little surprise in store!"

"No problem, just watch your backs!" she said. "Over and out."

"Ok guys, effuryone in position?" I asked. "Mew heard Amber, they coming hard and they're coming fast."

Parsley answered furst. "In position, ready willing and deadly!"

"I'll second that!" Humphrey piped up.

"Good, Posie are mew ready?"

"I am Basil," she answered.

"Affirmative," Snowie replied. "Me and Amber are just going down chute 3."


















                                                                                                                                                       
The silence was deafening as we moved into position.

"Well Smooch it's me and mew little guy," I said giving him a gentle pat on the head and realised he was wearing a tin helmet.  I rapped softly on it and chuckled, Smooch did make me laugh.

"I'm all good Basil, I may only have three legs but I'm as able as anypurdy mew know that," he said stalwartly.

"I know little buddy," I answered a bit choked up, feeling the determination emanating from him. "Mew certainly are and mew have true grit, mew're a trooper... now let's do this."

The next thing I heard was Parsley over the headset. "Basil they're here!" he whispered. "Predator mode is fully engaged and they have no idea we're here... Pantherene Claws out Humphrey!" 

"Ready Smooch?" I asked.

"Mew betcha Basil!" he grinned at me.

*    *    *


The ferret hoard entered the corridor leading to the control room and crept along stealthily the led by their leader who just happened to be wearing a viking helmet. All that was visible in the pitch black were their goggles & the viking helmet.

Parsley and Humphrey were completely invisible to them, clinging bat-like from the ceiling, Parsley had unsheathed his unholy [there's no other word fur them] Pantherene Claws and gripping the ceiling beam with his back paws, he swung down and picked one of the ferrets off, rendering the furry fiend unconscious in less time than it took to say 'I'll have a niptini, shaken not stirred'   then hurled the body back along the corridor to where Posie was to catch, tag and bag the critters.

Humphrey began picking off the unsuspecting hoard too. The bodies began to pile up until there were only a handful of the hoard left, who had no idea where the threat was coming from and why they couldn't see them.



Moments later, there was only one left and Posie shone a spotlight right on him.



The lone ferret stood frozen in the bright light and dropped his guns and ammo box, Humphrey and Parsley were overhead, with Posie at the rear.

Smooch and I approached from the front.

"Well, well," I said. "What do we have here then?"

Smooch gave me a quizzical glance. "It's a ferret in a viking helmet!" Smooch declared.

 "We do indeed have a ferret in a viking helmet," I laughed, stepping closer to light. "And who might mew be?"

The ferret twitched nervously and looked around fur an escape route.

"I wouldn't make any sudden moves," I said coolly. "Mew're surrounded front, back and above."

The ferret glanced up quickly and then back in my direction.

He sneered evilly at me. "Your bluffing, there's nothing up there!" 

I gave him my bestest 'do mew really want to go there' look and shrugged. "Your funeral," I answered.

He twitched again and made a run fur it.

But Parsley was too quick and within a nano second, he'd materialized out of the blackness in full predator mode, his unholy claws extended like a demon from hell.

"AND CUT!"


*   *   *

OMC, can black cats really go into full predator mode? 

And are they really invisible? 

Who is this Viking Helmet Hoard leader?

What will mew do with the bagged and tagged captives?

Where is the Baron?

What did Smooch do with his bobtail?

Will Amber & Snowie be able to get Big Bertha up and running?

Is it time for tea and crumpets with strawbelly jam yet?

I'm sure mew have many more questions, and we will do our furry best to answer these and many more in future posts, so don't furget to stop by fur next weeks thrilling installment of:

The Curse of The Klepto Bunny

And in the meantime, if mew would like to rediscover the total insanity of The Pink Flamingo Saga, here's the links:

 Part I ~ Part II ~ Part III ~ Part IV  Part V ~ Part VI ~  Part VII ~ Part VIII ~  Part IX ~ Part X

*     *     *

We'll be back on Friday with our usual slot of The Pet Parade, until then

the furry bestest Tuesday Purrs


Basil & Co xox


 


Bunker Background & Tank Images used under license from Shutterstock.com




8 comments:

  1. Sorry we're a little late this week, the satellite interwebs connection went down on Sunday PM and has only just come back online....

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! That was awesome! Predator Mode is the best, and we are impressed by Parsley and Humphrey's Ninja skills! Of course, we are a little biased, seeing as how we have two black cats (Gracie and Zoe), too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Predator Mode is completely pawesome fur sure! MOL XOX

      Delete
  3. As usual Basil, gweat posty. We luv da panthers MOL

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Lexi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Dezi & Lexi, we luv mew too! XOX

      Delete
  4. guys....YAY ...thiz hole storee iz beyond sooper grate but thiz chapturrz ROCKED DE HOUZ !!!! a paws...a paws...a paws.....even tho we can onlee sorta kinda all most knot quite tho see ewe parsley & humphrey...heerz headbonx & high paws....uh....we R headbonkin air heer doodz.....guys....high paws.....thunk....ooopz...sorree...sum one..... ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey guys, we are supurr purrleased that mew are liking to story thus far... stay tuned as it's only going to get more crazee from this point on!!! MOL MOL XOX

      Delete

*Waves Paw* we love comments and do purr extra loud when mew leave one, and we do try to reply to effurypurrdy and visit mew too! ❤️❤️❤️

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...