Wednesday 9 November 2016

Wordy on Wednesday with Biblio-Kitty Amber #18 featuring A Beautiful Friendship

Welcome To


With Amber ~ The Self-Appointed Biblio-Kitty


Wunderpurr greetings fellow book lovers

It's so lovely to have your company again this week, and I so love our little book club...


... not many of mew will know this, but I am quite a shy and quiet kitty, [much like a snow leopard, mew only see me when I want mew to see me] keeping to myself much of the time, that's why I so enjoy Wednesdays as I get to spend time with my fellow bibliophiles, I can't tell mew how pawesome it is, like on so many levels! MOL 

And now I think it's time to share this weeks selection.



This week on book reviews with Amber, I'm sharing

A Beautiful Friendship 

Star Kingdom


by

David Weber


Today I have a novel in a completely different genre fur mew to explore.  It's a sci-fi/fantasy novel and it's classed a young adult read.

Here's a little bit of the book blurb:

Young teen Stephanie Harrington forms a telepathic bond with an intelligent alien treecat on a pioneer planet - and must fight for the freedom of her new friend and his species against highly-placed enemies determined to claim the world for humans only.

*    *    *

This is my furst david Weber novel and I have to say I really rather enjoyed it.  The descriptive writing was fab and landscape had a reminiscent vibe of Pandora from the movie Avatar with some of the indigenous mammals having six limbs rather than four.  The worldbuilding was very good and really enjoyable as the author takes mew to exciting new frontiers, and some of the planets inhabitants are rather deadly and supurr furocious too, just to keep mew on your toes. 

The novel tells the story of Stephanie Harrington who is relocated with her parents from one planet, Star Kingdom of Manticore to a new one called Sphinx; here she encounters a sentient arboreal cat-like creature.  Aftur a near-tragic accident Stephanie is saved and then  'adopted' by one of these indigenous treecats who is called, Climbs Quickly. 

The treecats are telepathic which is great fun, as is the dialogue between the treecats. As the story progresses the bond between Stephanie and Climbs Quickly grows and this leads to an even bigger and more deadly adventure. Obviously, I'm not going to spoilerize anything fur mew, but needless to say this was undoubtedly a great read and I already have the next two books in my library waiting to go as soon as I've finished this review. That should tell mew effurything! 

Book II

 Fire Season

Book III

Treecat Wars

Thus far aftur book one, I see this as a highly purromising series and in my humble opinion, it's definitely not just fur the young adult market.

Paperback copy: 384 pages

Audio Edition: 10 hours 58 mins long


The Amber Biblio Rating System Fur Offurall Enjoyment:


Ratings of:

 A Beautiful Friendship 

Plot

Characters

Story Development

Narration

Offurall Enjoyment


I do hope mew enjoy this novel and if mew've read it already, tell me did mew like it?

Sadly it's time fur me to say BFN or bye-fur-now as mew know the drill, so many books, so little time!

Happy reading or listening

Bestest biblio purrs

Amber xox







Graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com and www.pizap.com 

17 comments:

  1. I don't read much sci-fi, but this one sounds like quite the interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chatty Cats, this is a really good book and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Sometimes I think it's good to try a new genre out of the blue :D purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a good book. I think my mum would like it because she enjoys sci-fi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Flynn, oh your mum should enjoy this then, does she like Douglas Adams? He's one of the the furst Sci-Fi authors the P.A. read a gazillion years ago and she still re-reads his stuff often! MOL Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  3. amber....whoa....that cat lookz feerce as de tiger.....we will chex thiz out ~~~~~~~ N thanx for de kewl badge; we will add it two R page side bar !~♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tabbies & Miss Dai$y, he might look fierce but he's actually a purretty cool character! MOL

      And thanks fur sharing my book badge on your sidebar, that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!!! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  4. This sounds like a really fun book! I would love the ability to be able to converse with my cats telepathically. These characters sound like the type you really miss when the book ends. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin, yes it is a bit like that but I've started book 2 now and I know by the end of book 3 I'll be sad to say goodbye! Oh it would be wunderpurr if we could communicate telepathically, I could then ask the P.A. fur a library assistant!!! MOL Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a good book. Thanks for the badge, it is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey sweet furriends, the book is fab and I'm delighted mew like the badge! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  6. Whoa, an Alien Treecat? This one sounds pretty unique, and cool, Amber! Thanks for sharing your review.

    LOVE your book club badge! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings gorgeous furriends, oh the book is really unique, and I'm so happy mew like my new badge!!! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  7. Love the idea that this is like Avatar. I could do with an extra set of legs too. Do you think the mice out that way have six legs? Great review, we have just gone and ordered this one so hope to be enjoying it soon. purrs ERin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS. The badge is fantastic, and love to have this on our blog page Purrs ERin

      Delete
    2. Hiya Erin, oh I'm sure as mew read, and the images of this new world pop in your mind it will remind mew of the gorgeous landscape from avatar. Purrhaps mew and I could take a little trip to Sphinx to see what the mice populous is like?! MOL So glad mew like the badge and of course mew can use it on your fabulous blog, I'd be honoured! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  8. Hmmm, the unfurbros are more into sci-fi than the petcretary...but it does seem interesting.
    We are glad you comeout of hiding to tell us about books, Amber:)

    Here is a fun word we found today:
    Abibliophobia.
    That might suit you,Amber MOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pippo & Minko, Abibliophobia oh wow I love it!!! MOL

      DEFINITION: the fear of running out of reading material - yes I do suffer terribly from this, it causes me sleepness nights when I'm down to my last 20 or 30 books!!! MOL Purrs Amber xox

      Delete

❤️*Waves Paw* we love comments, thanks so much fur leaving one ❤️
FYI Comment Moderation is on due an influx of SPAM - so if mew don't see your comment straight away, DON'T PANIC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...