Wednesday 4 October 2017

Wordy on Wednesday with Biblio-Kitty Amber #46 featuring The Death of Downton Tabby (The No 2 Feline Detective Agency Series)

Welcome To


With me, Amber ~ The Self-Appointed Biblio-Kitty


Supurr salutations pawesome furiends

*waves paw rather enthusiastically*

And welcome back to my furst book review of the new season.  I do hope mew didn't miss me too much offur the summer and that mew have lots of amazing adventures to tell me all about.

This is what I did...
As mew can see I had a really great time, but I wish I said I'd start back last month as mew know how it is when taking time off; it's ok fur a while and then mew're bored silly! MOL  

But I must say it's so luffley to be back and to be sharing my top book picks with mew again. The good news is I had time to find some fab books to share, and got to read lots of fun things which I'll be sharing with mew offur the coming months.

 And on that note I think it's time fur this weeks book, so let get to it...

This week I'm sharing

  • The Death of Downton Tabby
  • The No 2 Feline Detective Agency BK III 
  • by
  • Mandy Morton 

Here's a little snippet of the book blurb:

Hettie Bagshot and her sidekick Tilly Jenkins run the No. 2 Feline Detective Agency from the back room of the Butters' High Street bakery. They are asked by the organisers of the prestigious local literary festival to act as security, so while Hettie takes on those duties, Tilly had been able to indulge her passion for crime fiction by being trusted with the booking of authors and poets. 

*    *    *

Mew may remember that earlier in the year I reviewed book one and book two from this fab series, well book three is no exception.  Another amazing read set at a local literary festival or The Littertray Festival [as mistakenly spelled on the promo posters].  The writing is great, the plot keeps mew guessing and in all honesty, this has to be one of my favourite series to date.

The characters that we already know and love are just as entertaining, and the new characters, even the ones bumped off bring such diverse personalities into the story.  And this is one twisted, darkly humorous and exceptionally well-woven plot.  Downton Tabby's character actually had me in stitches when he was recalling his memoirs... but mew know I'm not going to spoilerize anything fur mew!

Guys get it, read it or listen to it and enjoy, mew won't be disappointed!

 Audio: 5 hrs 58 mins    

Hardcover: 272 pages 

  • Publisher: Allison & Busby; UK ed. edition (23 Jun. 2016)

The Amber Biblio Rating System Fur Offurall Enjoyment:


Ratings of:

The Death of Downton Tabby

Offurall Enjoyment



I hope mew enjoy this book if mew do take the plunge and buy it... and if mew've read it already, what did mew think?

*    *    *

Sadly it's time fur me to say BFN or bye-fur-now as mew know the drill, so many books, so little time and join us when we'll be here on Friday with our usual Pet Parade Blog Hop, and don't furget that I'll be back next week with another specially paw-picked book just fur mew!

Happy reading or listening

Bestest biblio purrs and kitty kisses

Amber xox






Graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com and www.pizap.com

22 comments:

  1. Wow Amber, it looks like you sure had a nice summer vacation & got in some good sun puddling time! I enjoyed your book review. That read sounds pawsome & I fancy the title! I love a good mystery! Mew Mew & purrs! -Valentine (& Mom) of Noir Kitty Mews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Valentine, oh I sure did have a luffley time thanks. And mew must try this series, it's fab... purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  2. Welcome back Amber! I have missed your book reviews. This one sounds like a great book. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much all at 15&meowing, it's great to be back! purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  3. Hi Amber! Great to see your book reviews again! We're glad you had a lovely summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lola, yes I did have a fab time, what about mew? purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  4. GREAT to see you back and with a totally awesome book, too. I read the first and it is brill and can't wait to get to this as it sounds another treat for the eye and ear if you have the audio version.
    Toodle pip and purrs
    ERin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Erin, oh mew're definitely have to read this one, it's fab! purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  5. Now is this a take off on the other more furmouse Downton??
    Looks like it is a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the book review, Amber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh mew're furry welcome Eastside Cats!!! MOL purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  7. Looks like you had a good summer and now are ready with your reviews again. That sounds like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Angels Flynn & Eric, oh mew will luff this book fur sure!! purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  8. There are no words for how much I love this series. I even order from the Book Depository because I can't wait for each new release to hit the US!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MOL Melissa & Mudpie, isn't it just the best? I'm waiting fur the next one to come out on audio, and it can't happen soon enough!!! MOL purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  9. So nice to see you back reviewing books, Amber.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thanks so much Island Cats, and I do hope that Flat Basil hasn't been causing any mayhem this summer fur mew!! MOL purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  10. Your new photos are so cute! I love your cattitude. :) This book sounds like a fun, suspenseful read. I love mysteries. I will have to check this series out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin, Manna & Dexter, oh mew guys will just luff this series!!! purrs Amber xox

      Delete

❤️*Waves Paw* we love comments, thanks so much fur leaving one ❤️
FYI Comment Moderation is on due an influx of SPAM - so if mew don't see your comment straight away, DON'T PANIC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...