Friday 5 October 2018

Feline Fiction on Fridays at Amber's Library #74 ~ featuring ~ **Seeing a Large Cat** Amelia Peabody Series Book 9 by Elizabeth Peters

Welcome To


With Amber ~ The Best Library Kitty in the entire Mewton~Clawson Parish


Supurr salutations pawesome furriends

*waves paw*

Hello gorgeous library guests and welcome to my private library

Happy Friday guys and how's your week been?  

Mine was going swimmingly well until I went outside to get a bit of fresh air and eat a little grass.  Now mew see we have a burd-feeder in the courtyard and the seeds fall onto the gravel and we get the most nom'a'licious little patch of grass.  

The P.A. leaves it until she says, it looks far too messy, and then she'll go weed the entire area [no chemicals allowed here] and then in a couple of weeks we get a new outdoor patch.

So anyhoo, I decided to amble outdoors and get some grass and this is what I found happening...


Yep, it was my bed with Smooch last week and now Parsley and Fudge are just helping themselves to my grass too!

I know I've already said it, but I'll say it again...

IS NOTHING SACRED ANY MORE????????

And now I think it's time to share this weeks book.

This week I'm sharing

Seeing a Large Cat 

Amelia Peabody Series BK 9 

by
Elizabeth Peters


Here's a little snippet of the book blurb:

Best-selling mystery author Elizabeth Peters has captured the hearts of thousands of readers with her spunky Victorian Egyptologist, Amelia Peabody Emerson. In Seeing a Large Cat, Amelia must ensnare a modern-day killer, a bogus spiritualist, and a predatory debutante in the awesome Valley of the Kings. Someone is sending ominous messages: "Stay away from tomb Twenty-A!" Intrigued, parasol-wielding Amelia won't rest until she finds the forbidden burial site.

*    *    *
Now I know this is book 9 in the series but what a book it is!  And even though I have started in the middle of the series, this novel is a great stand-alone read too.

There are in total 20 novels in the series, although the author sadly died in 2013 aftur an illustrious writing career spanning just under 50 years [WOW that's fantastic] and the final book in the series was finished by another writer.

If you like your Downton Tabby vibe and all that is furry propurr and exceedingly well mannered, then mew're going to love this book. The narration is purrfect and so fitting fur the 1903-1904 era, a frightfully propurr tone throughout which I absolutely loved.

I am planning on starting at the beginning and wurking my way through the entire 20 books at my earliest convenience, and I also think that it would make an epic TV series if someone hasn't done so already! MOL

So if mew're looking for a rip-roaring, page-turning family period drama, then this is definitely fur mew!

*    *    *

Audio:  14 hours 31 mins
Publisher: C & R Crime (11 May 2007)


The Amber Biblio Rating System Fur Offurall Enjoyment:

Ratings of:

Seeing a Large Cat

Offurall Enjoyment


I do hope mew enjoy this series if mew decide to give it a try... 

...and if mew've read it already, what did mew think?

*    *    *

Sadly it's time fur me to say BFN or bye-fur-now as mew know the drill, so many books, so little time and I'll be back next week with another specially paw-picked book just fur mew. And don't furget that all my previous reviews can be found on my Book Review page, plus if mew'd like an exclusive Library Card fur speshal access to my library, just email me at:

deardrbasil @ gmail . com

Happy reading or listening until next time

Soft purrs

Amber xox






Follow Us @BionicBasil on InstacatTwitter and Facebook


 graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com and www.pizap.com

12 comments:

  1. Oh! Boy! A great book to add to the list. Right now we are reading the Jinx Hamilton Mysteries. There are a whole bunch of cats in the books! Jinx has 4 and her boyfriend is ...well I can't tell you that!
    And Amber...I, Marvelous have a literary bent to my post today!
    Tee! Hee!
    Purrs
    Marv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marv, oh that sounds a fabulous series and I've just added it to my wish list, thanks so much fur telling me about it and I'm on my way to your blog right now! Purrs Amber xx

      Delete
  2. Wow! 20 books to go at, well, 19 excluding that on. Sounds like maybe that lady and Mrs H may have met somewhere, or come from the same school of umbrella wielding! MOL
    Toodle pips
    ERin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin, oh I definitely think Mrs H knows Mrs Peabody - fur sure! mew'll have to do some investigating! MOL XOX

      Delete
  3. That sounds like a great book! I love most books that involve Ancient Egypt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey guys, these books are fab, mew'll love them, but I think listening to them would be better as the narrator is excellent! Purrs Amber xx

      Delete
  4. That was a great review and maybe your things will be safe from introoders this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Brian, can mew believe how much fluff I have to put up with, seriously I'm banning them all from touching anything of mine! MOL purrs Amber xx

      Delete
  5. You sure know how to find the most intriguing books, Amber.

    I hope you mrouwed at those brofurs of yours to leave you some tasty blades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pipo, oh do mew like this weeks selection? I'm a huge fan of ancient Egypt, so this book was a real find fur me, and UGGGHHHH to Smooch & Co at the moment, so selfish stealing my grass - tut tut! I've written a formal complaint to the management asking that area can be cordoned off fur me only! MOL XOX

      Delete
  6. BROTHERS! They're always such a pain in the @#$%!

    ReplyDelete

❤️*Waves Paw* we love comments, thanks so much fur leaving one ❤️
FYI Comment Moderation is on due an influx of SPAM - so if mew don't see your comment straight away, DON'T PANIC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...