Friday 12 February 2021
Book Reviews with Amber at The Mewton-Clawson Library #156 Valentine's Edition featuring **The Valentine Cat** by Clyde Robert Bulla PLUS Friendly Fill-Ins
Hello gorgeous library guests
Welcome to the Mewton-Clawson Library at BBHQ
Thank mew for joining me in the stacks today, and furstly this week Crystal and Daisy-Mae asked last time how they can get a library card.
Just send me an email to:
deardrbasil @ gmail.com
With Library Card in the subject line, and attach a picture mew'd like on your card, and I'll email one back.
And because it's 2021, I thought it's been quite a while since my library cards had an update, so I decided to give them a little makeover.
So if any of mew holding the original orange cards would like a new one, just email me with a picture, and I'll get an updated one sent out.
This year, I'm hoping that instead of Valentine's Cards, I get sent some books or Amazon gift cards instead!
Well, one can hope as this library doesn't run itself! MOL
Today the P.A. is also joining in Friday Fill-ins Blog Hop with the pawesome 15 & Meowing and Four-Le
1. Years ago, I had a _________.
2. I used to want a _________, but now I don't.
3. I have just recently become interested in _________.
4. I wouldn't be where I am today without _________.
The P.A.'s answers are...
1. Years ago, I had a 13.2hh grey Welsh Mountain pony called Charlie, he was the best pony ever and we used win no end of shows. In fact, I was only laughing the other day about how at one horse show we won every single event in our class. As Charlie and I were about to hack off into the sunset with a bridle full of red rosettes feeling rather pleased with our efforts, several of the other riders parents cornered me and insisted that it wasn't fair that I had won everything, and I should give the rosettes back (I could see their little darlings we're all bad losers and having crying tantrums). I remember looking at these people trying to bully and intimidate me; I was 13 and on my own as my mum or dad never came to anything with me, and it made me really mad as they all started having a go at me. I remember saying as put my rucksack on and climbed on Charlie, "No, I'm not giving any rosettes back, the best pony and rider won!" And I rode off to the sound of screaming parents threatening me and the event organiser. Yep, there were real bad losers in the early-mid-1980's and things haven't improved over the years.
2. I used to want a Dutch Friesian horse, but now I don't. I wanted one of the Dutch Friesians for as long as I can remember, and I always thought that maybe one day I'd get one, but after my fall I don't think it's a good idea, as I would hate to come off one and injure myself further. I would like to ride one just the once though to tick it off my bucket list, as I've ridden racehorses, eventers, dressage, thoroughbreds, arabians, lots of different types of horse, but that one to me is 'the ultimate one' it's like a mythical unicorn! LOL
3. I have just recently become interested in baking. It's funny, as when I was at school I took metalwork and woodwork instead of cookery classes as I wasn't interested in cooking at all. Suddenly, I need to bake cakes, scones, cookies, brownies, fruit pies, and muffins with chocolate chips. And next week it'll be biscuits.
4. I wouldn't be where I am today without standing up for myself and standing my ground even when I was worried sick, scared or felt backed into a corner - see #1 is a prime example. I always remember a picture of some cute ducks with the saying: Be like a duck, remain calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like heck underneath. Yep, that's how it is.
Many thanks for all the fabulous birthday greetings last week, they made my day!
Let's see what I've got to show mew this time!
This week's top book pick is...
The Valentine Cat
Clyde Robert Bulla
Here's a little snippet of the book blurb:
The fortunes of a little black cat--with a heart-shaped spot on his forehead--lost in the woods, befriended by a poor artist, stolen by a mean chimney sweep, and finally reunited with his poor but happy friend.
My Ratings Scale
The Valentine Cat
I really hope mew enjoy this gorgeous book as much as I did if mew decide to read it.
It's time for me to say BFN or bye-fur-now as mew know the drill, so many books, so little time and I'll be back next week with another specially paw-picked book just for mew, and don't furget that all my previous reviews can be found on my Book Review page.
Don't forget to stop by on the morrow as its the Valentine's Special of Crafting with Cats, and I know mew won't want to miss it, mew won't beleive what we've got to show mew this time!
Until next week...
Keep calm and read more books
Don't furget to subscribe and never miss another review!
graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com