Friday, 16 April 2021
Love To Read? Book Reviews with Amber at The Mewton-Clawson Library #164 featuring **I Am Not A Skunk** by Ellen J. Pilch PLUS Friendly Fill-Ins
Hello gorgeous library guests
Welcome to the Mewton-Clawson Library at BBHQ
Thank mew for joining me in the stacks again today; and it's been quite a slow and sedate week at BBHQ, so much in fact that I even rearranged a couple of shelves in the library, and mew'll be seeing my discovery further down the post.
So anyhoo, after the shelf-shuffle, I decided to check out the BBHQ picture archives, and I found this fabulous foto from July 2017, and what a lovely summer that was, endless days of deliciously warm temperatures.
And I thought I could do with another warm summer like that to ease my weary bones, mew know getting older isn't a lot of fun, and my arthritis is starting to catch up with me a little. So bring on the sunshine and let me bask.
Oh, don't forget to check out the Fast, Furry and Dangerous rerun; we shared part 3 yesterday just in case mew missed it. Mew know I love rereading the adventures, they're just so exciting, and it was like yesterday when it all happened for real here at BBHQ!
And it was actually my idea to share this rerun, so I do hope mew're all enjoying it. I keep going on at the P.A. to get it turned into a book, though she just smiles, nods and says she's wurking on it.
Ah well, one day it'll happen. Let's hope it's not too long though.
Today the P.A. is also joining in Friday Fill-ins Blog Hop with the pawesome 15 & Meowing and Four-Le
1. I wish I knew how to play _________.
2. If offered a free trip to space, I would _________.
3. _________ is the most exciting thing in my life right now.
4. I could give a long lecture on the topic of _________.
The P.A.'s answers are...
1. I wish I knew how to play chess, it's one game I really regret not learning as a child. And throughout my adult-ish-hood I've often said to myself, you should really teach yourself to play, and maybe one day I'll be in the right frame of mind too.
2. If offered a free trip to space, I would definitely go; to explore new frontiers though avoiding all egg-laying, chest-bursting aliens! LOL
3. Gardening and the big Spring clean-up is the most exciting thing in my life right now.
4. I could give a long lecture on the topic of crystals and gemstones, chakra healing and lots of things metaphysical. Or sewing, dressmaking, pattern cutting and design. Gardening, growing plants and flowers etc, in fact, I could gab about quite a few useful topics! LOL
Let's see what I've got to show mew this time; during my little shelf-shuffle in the library, I came across this epic read and just had to share it again today!
This week's top book pick is...
Mewton-Clawson Library Copy
I Am Not A Skunk
Here's a little snippet of the book blurb:
I Am Not a Skunk is Ellen Pilch's second picture book. It is about a homeless kitty excited to find a family, but must first convince them she is not a skunk. It is loosely based on how the author's cat, Emmy came to live with her.
I reviewed Auwnty Ellen's furst book called Prancie's Prayer in October 2018, which I heartily recommend, and I was absolutely delighted to get a surprise copy of; I Am Not A Skunk in the post.
This is such a cute book fur youngsters and adults alike, a great little story, and it has NO SKUNKS in it whatsoeffur! MOL
The illustrations are amazing and really do enhance the tale, but as mew know, I don't do spoilers here, though I will say this; I think this is purrfect to teach younger readers compassion and kindness towards anipals, and I would recommend it without hesitation, and in my humble opinion it would make a purrfect gift fur any cat lover too.
Update 2021 - I do love this book as much today as I did in my original review from May 2019, and I really enjoyed sitting and reading it again. It brought me oodles of joy! And if mew're looking for a gift, this is just purrfect.
Thank mew Auwnty Ellen, mew are epic, and I hope mew've got a new book coming out soon!
* * *
My Ratings Scale
I Am Not A Skunk
I really hope mew enjoy the book as much as I did if mew decide to read it.
It's time fur me to say BFN or bye-fur-now as mew know the drill, so many books, so little time and I'll be back next week with another specially paw-picked book just for mew, and don't furget that all my previous reviews can be found on my Book Review page.
Until next time...
Keep calm and read more books
Follow me at angry_amber_badtemperedkitty
& @BionicBasil® on Instacat
Don't furget to subscribe and never miss another review!
graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com