Friday, 14 May 2021
Love To Read? Book Reviews with Amber at The Mewton-Clawson Library #168 featuring The World According to Blofeld's Cat by Mark Beyon, Alistair Beyon and Chris Paull PLUS Friendly Fill-Ins
Hello gorgeous library guests
Welcome to the Mewton-Clawson Library at BBHQ
Thank mew for joining me in the stacks today, well actually I'm not in the stacks as it's been quite chilly at BBHQ the last few days, so I've been nesting in the sitting room in front of the fire, where it's been a totally tropical temperature constantly. In fact, the P.A. said she's letting the fire go out today as it's too warm now, I did protest, but she said, it's ok I'll get your hot water bottle ready, so I'm good to go for the transition.
Today the P.A. is also joining in Friday Fill-ins Blog Hop with the pawesome 15 & Meowing and Four-Le
1. I would like to be more _________ and less _________.
2. The color of my _________ is _________.
3. _________ was a difficult choice for me to make.
4. I never have trouble _________.
The P.A.'s answers are...
1. I would like to be more energetic and less apathetic.
2. The colour of my car is black, with a black interior and black rims. Did I say I like black cars?
3. _______ was a difficult choice for me to make. I can't think of anything appertaining or suitable for this at the moment; I've found loads of things tough choices, both as a child, teen and adult. Life is a roller coaster of decisions, some are nice, and some are not, and we have to live with the consequences of those choices. Sadly life isn't all peachy, sparkles and unicorns all the time.
4. I never have trouble eating a piece or two of chocolate cake with ice cream! LOL
Let's see what I've got to show mew this time!
This week's top book pick is...
Mark Beyon, Alistair Beyon and Chris Paull
Here's a little snippet of the book blurb:
The World According to Blofeld's Cat is a collection of miserable musings from the angriest and most dangerous cat in the world. Belonging to an international supervillain and arch-nemesis of the British Secret Service, Blofeld s cat has witnessed his owner's despotic appetite for world domination, and its rather made an impression on him.
Now, I don't know if mew are a Bond fan like myself, but if mew are, this could be for mew.
Blofeld's Cat climbs on his soapbox to dish out all matter of criticisms, snark and witticisms on a variety of subjects, including; children, ghosts, politics, selfies, mewsicals, package holidays, call centres, tv shows, fast food, DIY, tattoos etc... in fact, this cat has an opinion on everything, and when I say opinion that's me being polite as it's really a funny-scathing tear-down of brutal imaginings which is really quite comical in places.
I thought I was a seriously crotchety, bad-tempered, short-fused, highly acidic, with a severe allergic reaction to fools, idiots & dullards which manifests itself in all kinds of angry and sometimes dangerous outbursts kind of cat, but this feline makes me look like Mary Fluffing Poppins, seriously I could literally be Mother Teresa in comparison.
So if mew love acid wit, and no-nonsense talking with a large smattering of irony and sarcasm, this is definitely for mew - I loved it! MOL
In fact, I've emailed him and asked him out for lunch; I'm waiting on a reply.
This is Totally Top Paw; although, those of a sensitive, delicate, fragile, easily-offended snowflaky nature would purrobably be better off reading something else entirely, like a blank sheet of paper.
My Ratings Scale
I really hope mew enjoy the book as much as I did if mew decide to read it.
It's time fur me to say BFN or bye-fur-now as mew know the drill, so many books, so little time, and I'll be back next week with another specially paw-picked book just for mew, and don't furget that all my previous reviews can be found on my Book Review page.
Until next time...
Keep calm and read more books
Follow me at angry_amber_badtemperedkitty
& @BionicBasil® on Instacat
Don't furget to subscribe and never miss another review!
graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com