Friday, 20 May 2022
Love To Read? Book Reviews with Amber at The Mewton-Clawson Library #204 featuring *A Mew To A Kill** by Leighann Dobbs PLUS Friendly Fill-Ins
Hello gorgeous library guests
Welcome to the Mewton-Clawson Library at BBHQ
Thank mew for joining me in the stacks today, and actually I am feeling quite chillaxed this week as I plan the final few books I'm reviewing before I take my summer jolly's.
This year I've decided to review until the end of June, so mew've got me for another month yet as normally I finish at the end of May.
Aren't mew lucky? MOL
Anyhoo let's get on with this week's review as it is so long overdue. In fact, I should have done it a couple of years ago.
And just before we get started, I'd also like to say
It's his 80th Birthday today! WOOOO HOOOOO!
Today the P.A. is also joining in Friday Fill-ins Blog Hop with the pawesome 15 & Meowing and Four-Le
1. __________________________ was a pleasant surprise,
2. ___________________________ was a not so pleasant surprise.
3. I can’t help but _________ when _________.
4. I wish people would stop asking me _________.
The P.A.'s answers are...
1. Finding out the blog was still the #2 UK Pet Blog again from Vuelio for 2022 was a pleasant surprise.
2. Falling through the ceiling was a not so pleasant surprise.
3. I can’t help but laugh when Melvyn asks for his favourite toy at 8pm every night. He's like clockwork!
4. I wish certain people would stop asking me how to fix everything. For context, I'm quite good at problem-solving, finding solutions and fixing stuff, and I've now got someone who would like me to solve a load more problems/issues, and I get a bit tired of it and feel like saying, pay me, and I'll do it, and not just to expect everything for free.
Let's see what I've got to show mew this time!
This week's top book pick is...
A Mew To A Kill
Here's a little snippet of the book blurb:
I've reviewed 5 other books in the Mystic Notch Cozy series so far and here are the links:
Ghostly Paws Book 1
A Spirited Tail Book 2
A Mew to a Kill Book 3 (today's review)
Paws and Effect Book 4
Probable Paws Book 5
A Whisker of Doubt Book 6
Wrong Side of The Claw Book 7
Claw and Order Book 8
There are eight books available; I'm not sure if there's going to be any more in the series at this point, though I do remain hopeful. And just to keep mew in the loop, I am reviewing book 4 next week and book 8 will be my first review in June, as I'm determined to complete the series before my summer sabbatical.
So what did I think about book 3?
Do mew need to even ask? I love this series, and the plot and storyline in this one are really good; it's such easy listening or reading as the structure is so well woven as everything is revealed as the story culminates to the final crescendo.
I also like how the characters are more like old friends, as the more you read, the more invested you become in the series, and at the end of each book mew feel satisfied with the outcome and conclusion, so it's a win.
Another TOP PAW read from Leighann Dobbs, and I really hope she continues the series.
Audio: 6 hours 24 mins
My Ratings Scale
A Mew To A Kill
Other Fun Blog Hops to Join in Today
I really hope mew enjoy the book as much as I did if mew decide to read it.
It's time fur me to say BFN or bye-fur-now as mew know the drill, so many books, so little time and I'll be back next week with another specially paw-picked book just for mew, and don't furget that all my previous reviews can be found on my Book Review page.
Until next time...
Keep calm and read more books
Follow me at angry_amber_badtemperedkitty
& @BionicBasil® on Instacat
Don't furget to subscribe and never miss another review!
graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com