Basil & The B Team
Friday 26 March 2021
**NEW** Friday Fill-ins and **RERUN** Welcome To Our 8 Things About... Post And Today It's All About Melvyn
WOO HOO pawesome greetings furrbulous furiends
Sorry, Amber's not here today, there was an interruption in the book supply chain this week and the book she'd got her heart set on sharing had been checked out of the library and not returned.
As mew can imagine this caused quite a stir (#understatementofthecentury) and Amber has had to have a few days off to recover from the stress, she'll be back next week as usual once we've found the book and cod help the poor sap who didn't return it on time!
So today we're revisiting 8 Things About...
8 Things About WHAT though we hear mew ask. Well, it could be 8 things about anything, but today it's all about...
8 Things About Melvyn
FYI the original post was originally shared on the 28th of March 2019.
1. Melvyn arrived at BBHQ on the 12th January 2019, although he didn't appear on the blog until our Valentine's edition of Crafting with Cats, and he was approximately one and a half years old when he arrived.
He was not used to having toys or catnip before he arrived at BBHQ, but he's been making up fur all of that since his arrival.
2. He really loves his furry orange carrot.
This is one of his favourite toys.
3. Melvyn is a little bit of a weirdo, want to know why? Of course mew do, just watch the video below...
See what we mean, what cat carries his collar? he doesn't even like to wear one, just play with it and he likes to take all of our collars too, and even the spare ones out of the tin! Both Smooch and Fudge have lost collars to The Melvynator, one yellow and one green! OOPS MOL!
The Melvynator knows exactly where our collars are kept in the cupboard in the laundry when we're not wearing them, and the minute he hears a bell, he's there trying to collar-snatch our clothes! **UPDATE** He's still obsessed with collars today - March 2021.
4. He has the most golden eyes we've effur seen. Seriously they're like glowing citrines, just look.
5. Melvyn is like the Harry Potter of Cats, instead of a lightning bolt scar on his forehead, he has a lightning bolt of white fur down his back, so this is definitive proof that Melvyn also survived Voldemort ~ Fluffing Fluff, that's seriously hardcore dude!
HE IS THE CAT WHO LIVED! MOL
6. Melvyn has a lovely temperament and is such a happy little camper, much like me his, great, great, great, great uncle Basil, take a look at this... mew can feel the happies radiating from him!
7. Melvyn was originally called Malcolm, although we felt this didn't suit him at all so he promptly got a new name. And yes, he's also called The Melvynator, like The Terminator only better! MOL
8. This was Melvyn's furry furst day at BBHQ... typical Fudge...
MOL, it only got better from there on in!
And that sadly brings us to the end of 8 Things About young Melvyn, we do hope mew enjoyed getting to learn a little more about my nephew. But if mew have a specific question about him, ask us in the comments.
Today the P.A. is also joining in Friday Fill-ins Blog Hop with the pawesome 15 & Meowing and Four-Le
1. I never have time to finish _________.
2. My _________ can _________.
3. _________ is a cause that is dear to my heart.
4. At this very moment, I _________.
The P.A.'s answers are...
1. I never have time to finish writing all my books, try as I may I have about 10 works in progress that I keep rotating when I get stuck on a particular plot.
2. My sewing machine can do lovely embroidery, a totally random fact to throw in the mix today! LOL
3. Pet adoption and welfare is a cause that is dear to my heart.
4. At this very moment, I'm in the catservatory, and I'm thinking about one of the books I've got on the go/writing, and it needs something harrowing/scary/traumatic to happen next and I'm stuck, so I'll go and make a cup of tea and then cogitate a while as I watch the birds stuff their faces at the feeders in the garden.
I had the Astra-Zenica Covid vaccine on Monday, and all went well. I felt really tired on Tuesday and my arm is still a bit sore but apart from that I can't say there were any adverse effects. My next one is in June.
Many thanks for joining at BBHQ today and we hope mew liked Melvyn's post, join us again on Sunday when Smooch is here sharing his sad selfie.
Basil & The B Team
Basil & The B Team
Graphics created with paid licence @www.canva.com & www.pizap.com