Friday 28 September 2018

Feline Fiction on Fridays at Amber's Library #73 ~ featuring ~ **Bad Luck Cat Mystery Series** Books 1 - 3 by Kay Finch

Welcome To


With Amber ~ The Best Library Kitty in the entire Mewton~Clawson Parish


Supurr salutations pawesome furriends

*waves paw*

Hello gorgeous library guests and welcome to my private library

Now as mew know, I'm usually here on Wednesday's, many apologies fur the confusion but The Pet Parade changed days a while back, and so I decided to take offur Friday as it was feeling a little lonely aftur being abandoned aftur 4+ years of constant use on The PP.  

Therefore I now claim effury Friday between September and May fur my furry own and I'm delighted to welcome mew all to my furry furst...

FELINE FICTION ON FRIDAY'S   

Now that explanation is done, I have to tell mew what happened this week...

Mew remember that uber cute bed Smooch was posing in on Sunday?  Well actually that's my bed, it was made especially just fur me, and then he got his bum on it and all offur it - eeeewwww!  But that's not the wurst part, I had moved it to the other end of the catservatory, away from all the hustle and bustle of the climbing post and other stuff, and yesterday morning when I went to go and recline in the warmth - guess what?

Smooch had widdled on it!!!
OH MY COD can mew believe he polluted, contaminated and generally besmirched my brand new bed - Basil where are mew? Smooch needs a nappy or his pee pee taping up during the night!

Furriends when I tell mew I was mortified, I was supurr, mega, epically mortified!

Then to exacerbate this already heinous situation, I saw security footage of Fudge and Pandora using my new bed too... obviously before the widdle incident!

Can mew believe it?

IS NOTHING SACRED ANY MORE????????

So anyhoo, my new bed is now in the Bio-Hazard Decontamination Room in the bunker and hopefully aftur several deep cleaning sessions I may get it back, or the P.A. might have to take the fabric off and put some new on it. PPFFFFTTTTT!!!!

And now I think it's time to share this weeks book.

This week I'm sharing

Bad Luck Cat Mystery Series Books 1 - 3


by

Kay Finch


Here's a little snippet of the book blurbs:

Black Cat Crossing (Bad Luck Cat Mystery) BK1

In the first in this cat-filled cozy series, aspiring mystery author Sabrina Tate is about to discover that when it comes to solving murders, her new feline friend Hitchcock is a master of sleuthing...

Sabrina has never been the superstitious type. Still, when she moves to Lavender, Texas, to write her first novel and help her Aunt Rowe manage her vacation rental business, Sabrina can't avoid listening to the rumors that a local black cat is a jinx--especially after the stray in question leads her directly to the scene of a murder.
304 Pages ~ 8 hours 3 mins

The Black Cat Knocks on Wood BK2


Zany Aunt Rowe is keeping Sabrina from working on her latest novel; Rowe has signed up for the upcoming Texas Hill Rodeo, even though she has no experience with lassos or even horseback riding. But before Sabrina can do anything about it, a bigger problem arises. 

304 pages ~ 8 hours 15 mins

The Black Cat Sees His Shadow BK3  


The town of Lavender, Texas is buzzing with tourists, and local businesses are pulling out all the stops for the annual Pumpkin Days Festival. On the eve of opening day, Sabrina comes face-to-face with her doppelgänger, Tia Hartwell, a caricature artist at the festival. The similarities between the two women are striking, including their matching black cats.

304 pages ~ 8 hours 23 mins

*    *    *

What a fantastic cozy mystery series!  I listened to all three books back to back and I must say I just loved them. Hitchcock, is a black cat and is thought to be bad luck - readers we know that there's no such things as a bad luck kitty don't we? Of course, we do! MOL  But some of the superstitious peeps in Lavender, Texas have other idea's and blame the kitty fur all manner of things.

Now mew know I don't do spoilers, as I wouldn't want to ruin the story fur mew, but I will say this; the plot is excellent in all 3 books, each book is furry well-paced with oodles of red herrings and twists and turns to keep mew guessing.  There are a bevvy of new and interesting characters in each book as well as the original cast, who are furry entertaining, especially Aunt Rowe.

Hitchcock is still a bit of an enigma at the end of book 3, as he always manages to be in the middle of the action, there are hints that he is a magickal kitty but that has not been confirmed or denied at this point. It is also hinted that his owner, Sabrina has gifts too, but as with Hitchcock, we're left guessing at this point. 

I'm really hoping the author continues this series, as I think it's pawesome! 

Would I recommend this series to mew, of course I would, if mew love your kitty cozy mysteries then mew'll really enjoy this.

*    *    *
Publisher: Berkley Books


The Amber Biblio Rating System Fur Offurall Enjoyment:

Ratings of:

Bad Luck Cat Mystery Series Books 1 - 3


Offurall Enjoyment



I do hope mew enjoy this series if mew decide to give it a try... 

...and if mew've read it already, what did mew think?

*    *    *

Sadly it's time fur me to say BFN or bye-fur-now as mew know the drill, so many books, so little time and I'll be back next week with another specially paw-picked book just fur mew. And don't furget that all my previous reviews can be found on my Book Review page, plus if mew'd like an exclusive Library Card fur speshal access to my library, just email me at:

deardrbasil @ gmail . com

Happy reading or listening until next time

Soft purrs

Amber xox








Follow Us @BionicBasil on InstacatTwitter and Facebook


 graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com and www.pizap.com

18 comments:

  1. Those sound like very good books. Black cats are beautiful like all other cats. I have a commentathon starting today lasting a week if you can pop over sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey guys, I read your epic post and commented, good luck and if mew need a donation let me know and Parsley will send mew one! Purrs Amber xx

      Delete
  2. Oh noes, Amber! Other cats germs and pee on your beddy! Is there no justice?!? The first time that Chuck pee'd on a bed, The Hubby insisted on throwing it right out. Over the years, he's learned at a little poop and pee can get washed out of fabric, or cleaned up from the floor. I didn't know about this books; now they are on my 'tbr' list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh guys, I was beyond mortified, and no there is no justice *Cod Dammit!* I really hope mew enjoy the books, they are fab! Purrs Amber xx

      Delete
  3. anber; ...we iz bee hind de 8 ball two day but still wanted ta stop N say hi ~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥☺☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tabbies, hello and no wurries!!! MOL Catch up soon? Purrs Amber xx

      Delete
  4. Hey Amber, thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Brian, sorry we haven't commented, we're all finding it a bit hard to find something to be thankful fur at the moment :( Purrs Amber xx

      Delete
  5. This is a great series, I have read all 3. I am sorry about your bed, that is awful. Cut him some slack though, I am sure he is still upset about Basil. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aunty Ellen, oh I'm so happy that mew liked the books too and guess what, I got yours in the post yesterday *excited ears* I love it, thank mew so much, I'll be reviewing it stat!

      And yes, I know I have cut Smooch a bit of slack, but I just wish he'd pee'd on something else instead of my new bed - he is missing Basil terribly :( as we all are. Purrs Amber xx

      Delete
  6. Wow, three clearly excellent books in a row. The characters sound s real fun combination, too. I hope this set is in my Christmas stocking!
    Toodle pips and purrs
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin, oh fur sure Santa Claws will put these 3 books in your Catmas stocking! Purrs Amber xx

      Delete
  7. Those sound really good.
    Have a great weekend...

    Noodle and crew

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice reviews, Amber! We love mysteries AND we love black cats, so these books sound purrfect for us. :)

    Sorry to hear about Smooch fouling up your bed. We hope it all works out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These books are tremendous and we loved each one!

    PS We are sorry about your bed. I know Smooch isn't finding life easy after Basil left. * paw hugs and love *

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amber...first, I am saddened that your bed was contaminated. My brother Kozmo contaminates thing too!
    Second, I am adding the books you reviewed to Mommy's list!
    Purrs
    Marv

    ReplyDelete

❤️*Waves Paw* we love comments, thanks so much fur leaving one ❤️
FYI Comment Moderation is on due an influx of SPAM - so if mew don't see your comment straight away, DON'T PANIC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...