Welcome to BBHQ home of Basil and The B Team! We share Feline Enrichment tips, hacks and ideas, Cat Health, Adventure Stories for all ages, Book Reviews, Blog Hops, Crafting with Cats, Colouring with Cats, Pet Peeves, Product Reviews, Fashion with Felines, Brain Training with Cats and so much more. So drop by often to catch up on all the fun and remember; the world is way better with cats! Purrs from your hosts, Wing Commander Basil & The B Team
Amber will be back on Friday with her furst book review of 2020, if mew'd like to join her for that she'd love your company in the library, and in the meantime we hope mew're having a supurr start to 2020!
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.
Thanks fur joining fur us fur Part XVII of our
Crafting with Cats segment, the last one of the Catmas Special posts, and the very last crafting one for 2019. But neffur fear, next year we've got some amazing things lined up, starting in February just in time for Valentines Day.
And if mew missed Part One of our Catmas
Crafting Extravaganza; How to Make a Purrsonalised Catmas Stocking ~ click here.For Part II, how to make the Bahumbug Burlap Cat and Part III, how to make the epically epic Catmas Pudding which effury kitty on the planet will want! MOL
All of our previous CWC posts are on the Crafting with Cats Page, and mew don't
have to be an expert in anything to make any of them. Plus we offer
workarounds and no-sew projects for those who don't like to sew.
* * *
**A quick note before we begin**
All Crafting with Cats ideas and creations are of our own design and we share them fur purrsonal/home use only.
So purrlease do not copy fur commercial/resale purrposes.
Optional Cat ~ Smooch was today's Craft Room Snoopervisor
Lets Get Started
Furst up is Fudge's Fabulous Gingerbread Purrson
1. & 2. Mew can download our pattern here. Then cut out 2 x purrsons.
3. & 4. Pin together, and sew around edge leaving the bottom of the legs open.
5. & 6. Get your stuffing and catnip, and stuff to your desired level.
7. Mew should now have something that looks like this.
8. Use pom poms for eyes and buttons. Cut a smile from the black felt. Hand-stitch in place, and mew should now have your very own gingerbread purrson like this.
Melvyn's Catnip Candy Cane Kicker
1. Make a pattern, ours are always approx A4 size.
2. Cut out 2 x white candy canes.
3. & 4. Cut several strips of red felt and pin to candy canes. Then stitch in place.
5. Trim edges, and they should now look like this.
6. Place both candy canes together and stitch around the edge leaving the bottom open.
7. Stuff with catnip and stuffing until quite full, and sew up the bottom edge.
8. Mew should now have a lovely catnip candy cane kicker.
1. & 2. Gather supplies and make a template. Cut out 2 x snowman shape.
3. & 4. Sew together, leaving a gap to stuff. Stuff with catnip and wadding to your desired level.
5. Sew up gap, and mew should now have something like this.
6. Make a top hat, and use one of the pom poms as his nose, we shaped ours to look like a carrot! MOL
7. Use a small length of felt for the scarf and use pom poms for buttons. We cut tiny black triangles for his eyes. Hand-stitch items securely in place, and your snowman should look like this.
Parsley's Catmas Tree
1. & 2. Cut out 2 x Catmas trees
3. Sew together, leaving a gap. Fill with wadding and catnip, then sew up gap.
4. Sew on lots of pom poms securely, and add a small felt star. Your Catmas tree should now look something like this.
Pandora's Catmas Bauble
1. Cut out bauble template. Mark up 2 x bauble shapes on felt.
2. On one piece, place your ribbons, pin and stitch in place.
3. Cut both pieces out, pin together and sew, leaving a gap. Stuff to your desired level, add lots of catnip.
4. Sew up gap and mew should now have a supurr sparkly catnip bauble.
Amber's Catmas Catnip Candle is made from our basic kicker toy template which mew can find here
Aftur all that effort, mew should now have several cute toys that look something like this!
The toys are a huge hit with The B Team, and if mew missed Smooch yesterday,click here
Health and Safety
Here at BBHQ, the toys with pom poms on are only available to The B Team when the P.A. is snoopervising the play session. Plus she makes extra sure the pom poms are stitched very securely in place; however kitties have sharp claws and teeth, so we recommend this:
**Use pom pom toys under supervision only. Check the toys for loose bits before and after each and every play session; either re-sew securely if anything has come loose, or cut pom poms off**
Or mew can just make the toys without the pom poms. If your kitty is a total heathen toy destroyer, definitely make the toys without the pom poms!
Mew should regularly check shop bought toys too, and throw away anything that is damaged, broken or defective.
* * * And that furriends furry sadly brings us to the end of our 17th Crafting with Cats post, we do hope mew liked our Catmas Crafting Extravaganza and if mew decide to make any of the projects, we'd love to see; so feel free to post your pawesome crafty pics on our Facebook page at:
We at BionicBasil HQ are not responsible or liable fur any injuries to person/s and/or cat/s, crafting addictions, glue on cats, paper cuts, misplaced pins and needles, cats stealing your supplies, broken scissors, cat fur stuck on your projects, or your project not turning out as planned. By using this information you hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless BionicBasil and stafffrom and against any and all claims for personal injuries or damages of any kind arising from use of any Crafting With Cats posts we may share.
Welcome to another selfie selection and today our theme is:
Look Who's Hogging All The Toys
It's official, Smooch is this years toy hog, anyone would think he was deprived! MOL MOL MOL
So anyhoo, we all got a Catmas Stocking with a special toy in this year, and this is what happened when Fudge saw his stocking...
Fudge's Catmas Surprise
We're also joining in the lovely Athena's Art Hop so do stop by and show off your pawesome arty-farty skills.
The effect was created with Befunky - Oil painting DLX
We also turned this fab arty-farty picture into a puzzle, so do stop bu the puzzle page and see if mew can beat our time of 8 mins 32 secs. A lot quicker than last weeks! MOL
Anyhoo it's time for us to go on relax on the Catmas Pudding again, yes we're still loving it! MOL So we do hope mew have a pawesome day, and we'll see mew on the morrow when we're back with our last Crafting with Cats Catmas Special, showing mew all the toys above so do stop by if mew get chance. Wishing mew lots of snoozy snuggles
Bestest Sunday Purrs
Basil & The B Team
Don't furget to join in the pawesome Sunday Selfies Blog Hop with
Angel Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy and Sawyer ~ visit them at their pawesome blog: