Friday, 15 April 2022
**EASTER EDITION** Love To Read? Book Reviews with Amber at The Mewton-Clawson Library #199 featuring **Splat the Cat: Where's the Easter Bunny?** by Rob Scotton PLUS Friendly Fill-Ins
Hello gorgeous library guests
Welcome to the Mewton-Clawson Library at BBHQ & Happy Good Friday!
Thank mew for joining me in the stacks today, and do a take a seat if mew not sitting already, as I actually went outside for the first time in months.
I know, totally shocking isn't it?
But it was quite warm, though cloudy with no breeze, so I thought I'd just have a quick trip onto the patio while the French doors were open and nopurrdy was looking. Little did I know that the P.A. was stalking me, and caught me red-pawed getting some extra fresh whiffles! MOL
I didn't stay outside long as my fleece blanky was calling my name and mew know I need extra catnaps now, but I will say I did enjoy getting out of the house.
Today the P.A. is also joining in Friday Fill-ins Blog Hop with the pawesome 15 & Meowing and Four-Le
1. I hope the Easter Bunny brings me ________________________.
2. My favorite part of the Easter ( or Passover) meal is _________________.
3. I’m most looking forward to _________ this weekend.
4. For me, this time of year _________.
The P.A.'s answers are...
1. I hope the Easter Bunny brings me a dark chocolate egg! LOL
2. My favorite part of the Easter meal is all of it. What can I say, I love a good meal.
3. I’m most looking forward to the good weather this weekend, apparently it could be very warm, but as in true British Tradition, I'll believe it when I see it.
4. For me, this time of year outside jobs spring up as fast as the weeds, plus I'm now helping my parents with their huge garden and veg patch, as the gardeners they keep hiring are not proper gardeners, and most don't know a weed from a flower.
Let's see what I've got to show mew this time!
This week's top book pick is...
Mewton-Clawson Library Copy
Here's a little snippet of the book blurb:
It's almost Easter, and Splat knows exactly what he wants from the Easter Bunny--a big Easter egg. But where the Easter Bunny? Lift the flaps and help Splat search for him at the park, in the den, and all around town!
Today I'm sharing a really cute Easter book from Rob Scotton, the author of Splat the Cat. Mew know I thought I'd reviewed some of these books before but I just checked and I haven't, and that totally freaks me out! MOL
But anyhoo, better late than never is what I always say.
So Splat the Cat books are for much younger readers, pre-schoolers and there are oodles of pictures books and I Can Read books in the Splat series.
This one is really cute, the graphics are really fun and have interactive flaps to lift for little mittens to explore further.
These books are only 16 pages long, so the story is condensed but is still long enough to be engaging for younger minds.
A purrfect easter gift for younger children, nieces, nephews and grandkids.
My Ratings Scale
Other Fun Blog Hops to Join in Today
I really hope mew enjoy the book as much as I did if mew decide to read it.
It's time for me to say BFN or bye-for-now as mew know the drill, so many books, so little time and I'll be back next week with another specially paw-picked book just for mew, and don't forget that all my previous reviews can be found on my Book Review page.
Happy Easter to all my lovely readers.
Until next time...
Keep calm and read more books
Follow me at angry_amber_badtemperedkitty
& @BionicBasil® on Instacat
Don't furget to subscribe and never miss another review!
graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com