Wednesday 5 September 2018

WOW! It's Wordy on Wednesday with Biblio-Kitty Amber #71 featuring Tommy's New Friend

Welcome To


With me, Amber ~ The Self-Appointed Biblio-Kitty


Supurr salutations fellow feline book lovers

*wavy paws*

And how lovely it is to be back aftur my summer break, although I must say that my return is somewhat under a heavy cloud - if mew missed Sunday's post, I think mew should check it out as our valiant leader Commander Basil is furry poorly.

I was going to postpone my return but Basil said no.

Basil said and I quote, "Amber the blog must go on, your fans need mew and will have missed mew terribly offur the summer jolly holly's!" 

So I nodded and dutifully got on with my post, in spite of the fact that we are all utterly devastated and terribly upset right now, and as mew can imagine we can't really think about anything else at the moment... we'll keep mew updated on Basil in the coming days.

Though now, let's lighten the heaviness with some library news. Just before I wrapped up fur the summer jolly's Austin Macauley Publishers from New York emailed me to ask if I'd like to review a newly released children's kitty poetry book, well, of course, I jumped at the oppurrtunity as mew know I've only reviewed one other poetry book and I thought it was about time fur another, so that's what I'm sharing with mew today!


In other library news, I finally got some library cards made, so if mew would like to join my exclusive library, just shout, well actually email me at deardrbasil @ gmail . com with Library Card in the subject line and your name plus a nice picture and I'll send mew one.

And finally before we get to my review, mew know that The Pet Parade has now moved to Wednesdays, the link-up is below aftur my review, so don't furget to hop around the wurld with us today and join in the fun.

And now I think it's time to share this weeks book.



by

Peony

**Furstly I have to let mew all know that I was given a free copy of this book in exchange fur a fair review**

Here's the book blurb:

This was to be one of the best days of Tommy's life Though he did not know it yet He was going to meet a new friend A friend he would never forget...

*    *    *


So what did I think to Tommy's New Friend? Well furstly I absolutely love the cover, it's adorable and the entire book is filled with the most gorgeous pictures to accompany the rhyming story.

It tells the tale of a young boy who finds a kitten and the subsequent adventure of how he tries to lure the kitten into the house and the friendship borne out of patience and determination to do the right thing for the little feline.

Though not a long book, its message [to me] is one of hope, kindness and never giving up - which I love.

I think it's a purrfect rainy afternoon read when the little 'uns need some entertaining. A great little gift fur kids, nieces, nephews and grandkids, and I imagine all the more fun if it's read aloud.

Would I recommend this to mew my pawesome readers? Yes I would because it's one of those fun little books mew can read time and time again and still love it as much as the furst time. 

I'd like to say furry many thanks to Austin Macauley fur sending me a copy of Tommy's New Friend, thanks so much guys, I loved it! 

Tommy’s New Friend, published by Austin Macauley, was released on March 31, 2018. Price: $8.99 ISBN: 9781641821568. It is available in Amazon, Barnes & Noble as well as other bookstores around the country. For more information, please visit: www.austinmacauley.com/us.

*   *   *
  • Paperback: 27 pages
  • Age Range: 3 - 8 years
  • Publisher: Austin Macauley Publishers USA (30 Mar. 2018)

The Amber Biblio Rating System Fur Offurall Enjoyment:

Ratings of:

Tommy's New Friend

Offurall Cuteness & Enjoyment



I do hope mew enjoy this book if mew decide to give it a try... 

...and if mew've read it already, I do hope mew enjoyed it.

*    *    *
Sadly it's time fur me to say BFN or bye-fur-now as mew know the drill, so many books, so little time and I'll be back next week with another specially paw-picked book just fur mew. And don't furget that all my previous reviews can be found on my Book Review page.

Happy reading or listening

Bestest biblio purrs and kitty kisses

Amber xox







Graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com and www.pizap.com

14 comments:

  1. Tommy's New Friend sounds like a good book, Amber. Thank you for reviewing it for us!

    We would like library cards ... we will have to get our dad to send you the required stuff. We are keeping Basil in our every thought. Hugs and purrs and love to you all.

    Gracie, Ava, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sad about Basil's news and know how devastated you all must feel. I am keeping him in my thoughts.
    That sounds like a lovely book, and I agree that the cover is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly, we continue to send lots of POTP to our pal Basil....I put a note up in "The Quiet Room" at Cat Scouts for him. Secondly, GREAT book review - with an equally great cover. Thanks for telling us allllll about it!

    Hugs, Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  4. amber; we iz buzzed happee ta see ewe bak; N we iz tryin R veree best ta ree mane up beat in honor oh R rockin awesum pal...yur brother.. basil..... we hope ewe N joyed yur summer time holly day; yur lookin gorgeouz az all wayz N yur ree veew iz soooper ~~~~~~ we will chex out thiz book.....

    basil.....st francis promised ~~~~~~ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review there, Amber! It's great that there are such wonderful books out there for younger kids. I bet theres many parents that would love to be reading his for the positive vibes and message it conveys.
    Toodle pips and healing comforting purrs for Basil
    ERin XOX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review, Amber ! We keep purring for Basil and you all. Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent review Amber and I've sent you an email! We were sad to hear about Basil. We are purraying for all of you guys!
    Purrs
    Marv

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice book review, Amber!
    Sending purrs and hugs to Basil

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like an excellent book, Amber. How cool that you have your own library card now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its the best sounding book for youngsters to read with their mum or dad.

    We will email you.

    and WE WILL ALWAYS BE HERE!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy you're back in the Critic's chair Amber. Always did love your comment's on books.

    We are shook up about Basil. He is such a fine lad. Wish we were all there again.

    Jean, Bill, Shoko and Tyebe

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds like a great book. I like anything that promotes kindness to animals. I do hope you will want to review my book Amber. I want a library card, but I am too hideous for a photo so I will let one of my kitties get one. I am sad about Basil. He is in my prayers. XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amber, you are looking especially slender these days. We hope you're okay. Maybe one of these days we can get a library card to your library!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like what you guys are usually up too. Such clever work and
    reporting! Keep up the very good works guys I've included you guys to my
    personal blogroll.

    ReplyDelete

❤️*Waves Paw* we love comments, thanks so much fur leaving one ❤️
FYI Comment Moderation is on due an influx of SPAM - so if mew don't see your comment straight away, DON'T PANIC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...