Wednesday 25 April 2018

Wordy on Wednesday with Biblio-Kitty Amber #66 featuring I Could Pee On This and i got a new job, but then i had to quit!

Welcome To


With me, Amber ~ The Self-Appointed Biblio-Kitty


Supurr salutations pawesome furriends

*waves paw*

My week started like this...

Great news beautiful furriends, I've got another part-time job; I'm now the lighthouse keeper at BB HQ!

Yes I know what mew're all thinking; but mew don't live by the sea.  While this is technically true, we do have a small body of water and who knows when an inter-dimensional time-rift will open and some random ship will appear in the pond from the Purrmuda Triangle! MOL

But seriously, the frogs need a safe harbour when the weather is bad and I'll be there to make sure all is well in their wurld. And the frogs are paying me to keep them safe, from what who knows, but I need cash4books, so there was no way I was turning that oppurrtunity down especially since the Pole Dancing club is temporarily closed fur a refurb due to the weirdo badgers and cheapskate weasels getting into a bit of scuffle on Caturday night, and Amazon Affiliates is pants - but I already knew that.  

So what turned out to be a crappy start to the week, actually became fabulous because now I only have to amble out of the patio doors down to the pond, it's a 30-second commute and I have requested a new bed fur while I'm on watch which conforms to all health and safety protocols. And I get a decent hourly rate which will enable me to purrchase at least one book purr shift, can't get better than that can mew?

And then this happened...

 Basil asked me what I was doing, so I explained and then he said, I was being paid protection money as the frogs are assisting the kittens in raiding our catnip and catmint crop, appurrently the frogs are their lookout team to let them know the coast is clear...






Obviously I had to quit immediately due to a huge conflict of interests and our rapidly disappearing green crop, and then I gave the frogs a piece of my mind.

"Look here Mister Frog!" I said sternly. "Mew didn't tell me mew were the lookout crew fur the kittens!"

"B... b... b...." Mister Frog began.

"Oh shut up!" I snapped. "If mew continue to assist them I'll be putting in a proposal to turn the pond, aka your home into a sandpit, so mew, your family and your spawn will be homeless, what do mew think to that?"

I actually think I was a bit harsh as the frog started to cry, his family started to cry, I started to feel really bad and then the spawn started to wail. [Trust me when I say, mew neffur want to hear spawn wailing!]

"Oh fur cods sake!" I spluttered. "Stop helping the kittens and your home is safe, ok?"

"OK," Mister Frog croaked.

And so ended my career as the newest light-house keeper and my unemployment began again, a crappy mid-week blip, but I remain fureffur optimistic and just know that something will turn up soon... and so it goes... in the meantime let's check out this weeks top book pick.



This week I'm sharing

I Could Pee on This

And Other Poems by Cats

by

 Francesco Marciuliano


Here's a little snippet of the book blurb:

Cat lovers can rejoice in the quirkiness of their feline friends with these insightful and curious poems from the singular mind of house cats. In this fully illustrated book of tongue-in-cheek poetry, the author of the internationally syndicated comic strip Sally Forth helps cats unlock their creative potential and explain their odd behavior to ignorant humans, With titles like 'Who Is That on Your Lap?

*    *   *

As some of mew know Smooch had a little purroblem a couple of years ago with piddling in places he shouldn't and when the P.A. saw this book a few months ago she just had to buy it!  [Smooch didn't find it funny and promptly pee'd on the outside back-door mat - another item now RIP'd to the bonfire]

So anyhoo, what did I think of this little book full of fun? In one wurd, fantastic!

 It is split into sections which covers:

Family
Work
Play
Existence

The furry first poem is obviously a part ODE to Smooch, as it tells of a cat that could pee on a sweater, then on a laptop - yep that actually happened here - Smooch did not find it funny at all, but I was MOLing my fur off!  Funnily enough, the P.A. didn't find it funny being reminded about her laptop [now in silicon heaven] either - oops.

Another favourite is called 'Tripped' that was hilarious. But my purrsonal all-time favourite is; 'Bigger Cat' as I can so relate to that, and now I'm rhyming too! MOL

As mew know I can't actually share any of the poems and there's so many I would love to - due to copyright issues - but I will say this, if mew want a fun little book that mew can visit time and time again, then this is just fur mew!

*    *   *

  • Hardcover: 112 pages
  • Publisher: Chronicle Books; 01 edition (1 Oct. 2012)

  • *    *    *
The Amber Biblio Rating System Fur Offurall Enjoyment:


Ratings of:

 I Could Pee On This

Offurall Enjoyment


I do hope mew enjoy this book if mew decide to give it a try... 

...and if mew've read it already, what did mew think?

*    *    *

Sadly it's time fur me to say BFN or bye-fur-now as mew know the drill, so many books, so little time and don't furget that I'll be back next week with another specially paw-picked book just fur mew.

Happy reading or listening

Bestest biblio purrs and kitty kisses

Amber xox



graphics created with  paid licence www.canva.com and www.pizap.com

17 comments:

  1. That's too bad about your job, at least you didn't have to kick out the frogs and their spawn. They were probably just looking for a little extra spending money. I'm not sure what frogs buy but I'm sure it is something important. ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Edie, yes I'm sure mew're right, though I too don't know what frogs need to buy other than a new lily pad! MOL Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  2. Froggy went a courting...and met up with Amber...who was gullible...and the neighbour's kitties took advantage, MOL!!!

    Pawppy was reading this with petcretary and he said what a wonderful garden you all have:)
    (frogs or not...)
    BTW, petcretary has cousins in the Netherlands who have 'ponds' in their yards too, and the frogs are in them and sometimes small koi. However the herons like to go fishing...do you have that trouble too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MOL MOL Pipo, that was so funny! Awww thank mew tell Pawppy, that so nice of mew to say :) we don't have fish fur that exact reason, the heron would eat them and we didn't want to have to net the pond, that's why it's just fur frogs and spawn! purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  3. Yikes, Amber you unemployed again. Have you thought about freelancing your B Team skills? Maybe run a correspondence correspondence course in body guarding duties, and weapons tech.... Sounds like the frogs could be your first customers MOL
    Toodle pips and purrs
    ERin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin, yes back on social, no actually I don't qualify fur social... life is tough in the 21st century fur an offur qualified librarian with a slight book addiction! MOL purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  4. Hey, a 30-second commute sounds great! And I have that book (I Could Pee On This).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi guys, isn't it fab, did mew read my favourite poem yet? purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  5. amber....we haz hurd: I could pee on this: izza grate book, thanx for givin uz
    de five star trooth !!!! we will chex it out.....N we noe itz knot nice ta
    be gel us......frank lee we iz happee for ewe all.....but we iz gel uz oh yur
    gardin.....can ewe say ....oh....my......cat......itz beyond awesum ~~~~~~~~~
    troo lee total lee mega soooper lee grate AWESUM ...de PA haz done a furtastic job
    ☺☺☺♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey tabbies,oh mew'll really enjoy this read fur sure, and so glad mew like the garden, mew must come and visit sometime, Dai$y, Pandora and I can go shopping with Parsley's credit card, it's ok we won't tell him! MOL purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  6. Wait a minute wait a minute! Just exactly who are these kittens and mom? Are they homeless? Are they just living in your yard? *grabbing traps*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey guys, they live next door at the P.A.'s cousins. The mum, dad and kittens are all there, well looked aftur so don't panic. The Mum turned up last year with them, they're almost a year old now, so they've got a lovely furever home just offur the fence but they like our garden too! purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  7. Who are those kittens...and why are they stealing your nip?? Sounds like a job for the B Team!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Island Cats, they're the P.A.'s cousins from next door, and don't wurry, read tomorrows post and all will be revealed about the catnip borrowing! MOL purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  8. Sorry your new job didn't work out. I think you should get paid for your beauty. Great review we have this in our library. It is not really a library, just a bookcase :) XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Aunty Ellen, it all wurked out fur the best and read tomorrows post as I've got great news, no more jobs fur me!!! Oh a book case is definitely a mini library and don't let anyone tell mew any different :) purrs Amber xox

      Delete

❤️*Waves Paw* we love comments, thanks so much fur leaving one ❤️
FYI Comment Moderation is on due an influx of SPAM - so if mew don't see your comment straight away, DON'T PANIC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...