Welcome to BBHQ home of Basil and The B Team! We share Feline Enrichment tips, hacks and ideas, Cat Health, Adventure Stories for all ages, Book Reviews, Blog Hops, Crafting with Cats, Colouring with Cats, Pet Peeves, Product Reviews, Fashion with Felines, Brain Training with Cats and so much more. So drop by often to catch up on all the fun and remember; the world is way better with cats! Purrs from your hosts, Wing Commander Basil & The B Team
This week supurr furriends the weather has been absolutely incredible and plus the full moon was shining so bright in a cloudless starry sky on Thursday evening, and I wanted to stay out really, really late as it was so purrfect fur hunting...
...but the P.A. said, "NO!"
I mean how selfish is that at 9pm when I want to go off on a covert jolly down the field until the wheneffur? Yep I knew mew'd agree that it was heinously selfish!
Note to self: must install a secret catflap! MOL
* * *
And now it's time fur The Caturday Art Blog Hop with
Many congratulations Dori, mew should have received a message from us already, and we are getting ready to post your epically epic goodie bag of prizes next week! >^.^< Don't wurry if mew missed out this time, there's still more give-aways to come offur the summer, with Parsley on 31st August and and Pandora 18th September followed by Amber on October 24th, so that's 3 more chances mew have in the next few months to get your paws on one of our epically epic goodie bags!
And we also have to show mew all the supurr cool birthday greetings we got...
Our pawesome pal Pipo sent us these supurr fab cards. Thanks furry much dude they're so epic!
The fabulous kitty posse from 15 & Meowing sent me an epic slice of silvervine infused toast and this pawesome card, and I think the silvervine impregnated the card as the I really wanted to nom it! MOL Thanks so much mew guys, I love it! So did fudge too!
The heathen fur-child aka Fudge found the silvervine toast on the kitchen sideboard where the P.A. had put it fur safe keeping, and the next morning she found him like this...
He has since been banned from engaging with my toast on any level whatsoeffur, as its now in my private office in the bunker under lock and key fur my own purrsonal use! MOL
Our fab buddy Valentine sent me this fabulous card and one fur Fudge too, thanks so much dude, mew rock!
Beautiful Binky sent us these fabulous cards, thank mew so much gorgeous!
Thank mew to all our fab furriends who sent such us lovely cards, we love mew loads!
Oh and just before we pop off and parade, look what I got fur my birthday...
... the P.A. finallygot my epically epic King Basil portrait framed and hung on the wall. I really love it and think I make a purretty pawesome king! MOL [Don't mind the dangly hearts, the P.A. has a habit of hanging things from the ceiling beams in the house! MOL]
And if mew missed anything offur the last week, here's the latest posts fur your purrusal:
Parsley will be here tomorrow with another Pet Peeves post and then we'll be back with our usual selfie selection on Sunday, so hope mew can join us then, in the meantime we wish mew all an epic weekend Bestest purrs and big hugs Basil & Co xox
And today we've got another our brand new segment:- 8 Things About...
8 Things About WHAT though?! we hear mew ask. Well fabulous furriends it could be 8 things about anything, but today it's all about...
...as he's the youngest memfur of The B Team and has only been on the blog just offur a year, so we thought we'd share a bit more about him today.
8 Things About Fudge
1. He loves Dreamies aka Temptations, really loves them, in fact, he'll meow incessantly to get some. He also knows that effury morning when the P.A. is just about to leave the house fur work and is getting her lunch ready that is the optimum time to ask, and ye shall receive! MOL
2. Fudge is obsessed with water; when he furst arrived in Mewton-Clawson and was able to have the run of the house, he'd sit by any of the sinks to catch the drips, he would even sit on the edge of the shower to lap up a few drops. He loves to drink from: the watering cans, the burdbaths, puddles, the pond, and a small upright fountain on the patio, etc...
3. He also likes to go eat from effurypurrdy's dish at meal times, and he loves to lick the jelly, gravy or sauce off the meaties and then move on to another dish.
4. Fudge isn't the brightest memfur of The B Team, in fact I think he's a couple of sammiches short of a picnic, but his lack of brainpower is made up fur in FLOOF! He has the most magnificent tail, and MommaKat & Bear do make us laugh hysterically when they call it: Fudge's Vaguely Pornographic Tail, though we can totally understand why! MOL MOL
5. He also loves to climb, he zooms up the trees in the garden and especially the one in the courtyard, which he uses as a springboard onto the roof, where he subsequently gets stuck and the P.A. has to lure him down with a bag of Dreamies! MOL
6. Fudge is furry kind, there's not a mean bone in him. He loves to snuggle and likes to get curled up in bed. He can be furry demanding when he wants attention, fur example; anything the P.A. is reading gets knocked out of the way, the cell phone has to be put down immediately fur him to have his pat needs met, and if the P.A. is in the office he'll pat her leg or arm with his paw and if that doesn't stop her from typing he then sits on the keyboard:- 'hhhhjhjjjkkkl;l;';ooouiiiiiiiuuuuuuuyyytttffffffmmmmmkkkkkwwvvvvvvvgggggg!' typed Fudge! MOL
7. He has the hairiest paws out of the entire B Team.
8. Lastly I think he's made such an epically epic addition to The B Team and his training at our Kitty Commando Training Academy is coming along fantastically. He's now proficient in most weapons, he can drive most of the vehicles onsite and is currently learning how to drive my new Unimog, he can even use the winch... how pawesome is that?
And that sadly brings us to the end of 8 Things About Fudge... we do hope mew enjoyed getting to know him a bit more and we'll be back on Friday with The Pet Parade.
Thanks fur visiting today
Basil & The B Team xox
Graphics created with paid licencewww.canva.com andwww.pizap.com
FINALLY, WE CAN START OUR SUMMER PROGRAMMING SCHEDULE As mew know we really love our garden and do spend rather a lot of time outside, weather purrmitting and a lot of that time is spent snoopervising the P.A. as she completes the tick list/job sheet we purrpare fur her! MOL Yes it's true, she'd be absolutely lost without our expert gardening guidance, if it was left to her we'd just have a totally jungly wilderness.
Though she is rather good at carrying out the weekly tasks, and Amber has a couple of shelves just fur gardening books in the library, so she's our onsite knowledge base, if mew have a gardening purroblem, Amber can solve it for sure! So what is Gardening with Cats? we hear mew ask. Well, we're going to show mew how to grow things from scratch, how to take care of your plants and generally have some fun. And it doesn't matter if mew live on a 100-acre farm or in an apartment in the city with no garden whatsoeffur; what we do here, mew can do at home too, that's what Gardening with Cats is all about, if we can do it, so can mew. And today we're going to show mew how to grow your own greens, it's furry simple and within a week to 10 days mew too could have some delectable nibbles to help aid your digestion and help with those pesky furballs too.
How to Grow Your Greens aka Cat Grass
What Mew Will Need: Seeds Organic Compost Suitable Plant Pots + A Dish Clingfilm and A Sunny Window Sill Optional - gloves fur handling compost We bought our seeds from our local garden centre, and they cost about £1.49 for a packet
Take your chosen pots - we used some of the P.A.'s old Bonsai pots which have a flat dish to sit on, purrfect for when mew're watering. So furstly fill your pots with the compost and firm.
Sprinkle some seeds on the top.
Cover the seeds with another layer of compost and firm again.
Water well, and we find the best way to water at this stage so mew don't disturb the seeds is with a squirt bottle on the mist setting.
See, it doesn't disturb the soil or the seeds.
Once thoroughly wet like below...
...wrap the clingfilm offur the pots. Then place in a sunny windowsill. Use your squirt bottle to water daily; lift the clingfilm, spray with water and then replace to keep the warmth and moisture in so the seeds germinate.
On about day 3 to 4, mew should start to see the seedlings appearing, leave the clingfilm in place until the shoots are touching it, then remove and below is what it looks like on day 6. TOP TIP: Try to keep the soil moist at all times.
This is what it looks like on day 7, as mew can see it grows so quickly, oh and don't furget to turn your pots around otherwise your cat grass will lean towards to light instead of growing straight up.
Day 9 and we're good to nom!
Or mew could just watch the video... Fudge loves cat grass as does Amber, though Fudge only likes to eat the tips, ah must be the best part! MOL As mew can see it's supurr duper easy to grow your own greens, no skills at all are required, the only thing is: just remember to water! MOL We have about 4 pots in various stages of growing/growth so we have a constant supply of fresh greens. Don't furget to water your cat grass daily and if it becomes too leggy and lacklustre just give it a quick trim with some scissors to encourage new growth. If mew set a new pot every seven days, then mew'll constantly have a supurr, fresh supply of healthy greens year-round. Well, that sadly brings us to the end of our furry furst Gardening with Cats, we do hope mew enjoyed it and do let us know if mew decide to grow your own. And next time we're going to show mew how to pot up some flowers for a really purretty summer display.
We'll be back on Wednesday with another new post called '8 Things About...' so we do hope mew can join us again. Oh and there's a new puzzle on the 'Puzzle Page' of Fudge to keep mew entertained in the meantime... Until then
Bestest green-pawed purrs
Basil & The B Team xox
We at BionicBasil HQ are not responsible or
liable fur any injuries to person/s and/or cat/s, gardening
addictions, compost on cats, misplaced tools and gloves, cats stealing your
string, broken plants, or your project not turning out
as planned. By using this information you hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless BionicBasil
and stafffrom and against any and all
claims for personal injuries or damages of any kind arising from use of any
Gardening With Cats posts we may share.
Graphics created with paid licence www.canva.comandwww.pizap.com