Friday 13 December 2019

Feline Fiction on Fridays #113 at Amber's Library featuring **The Vinyl Detective Series Books 1 - 4** by Andrew Cartmel **Book Review**

Welcome To

Feline Fiction on Friday's with Amber @BionicBasil™

With Amber ~ The Best Library Kitty in the entire Mewton~Clawson Parish

amber bibliokitty Feline Fiction on Friday's with Amber @BionicBasil™

Supurr salutations pawesome furriends

*waves paw*

Hello gorgeous library guests and welcome to my private library

Wow, another week has just flown by and I've spent most of it in front of the fire! MOL Well, that's when I've not been playing with the catnip teabag, yes there is video evidence of this behaviour on Instagram, and so I can't deny it any longer!  

I know mew'll want to see it, so here's the direct link to me and the teabag. 

Feline Fiction on Fridays #113 at Amber's Library ©BionicBasil®Amber and the teabag

Also I've just learned there is further evidence on Wednesday's post - for fluffs sake, can't a cat play with a teabag in peace?!!! 

Anyhoo I think it's time to share this weeks book before I'm accused of having a serious catnip habit.

Amber's Actual Library Feline Fiction on Friday's with Amber @BionicBasil™

This week I'm sharing

The Vinyl Detective Mystery Series 

Books 1 - 4 

by 

Andrew Cartmel

>^.^<


Here's A Small Snippet of the Book Blurbs:      

The Vinyl Detective - Written in Dead Wax (Vinyl Detective 1)


He is a record collector — a connoisseur of vinyl, hunting out rare and elusive LPs. His business card describes him as the “Vinyl Detective” and some people take this more literally than others.

The Vinyl Detective - The Run-Out Groove (Vinyl Detective 2)


His first adventure consisted of the search for a rare record; his second the search for a lost child. Specifically the child of Valerian, lead singer of a great rock band of the 1960s, who hanged herself in mysterious circumstances after the boy’s abduction.

The Vinyl Detective - Victory Disc (Vinyl Detective 3)


When one of his cats accidentally discovers a rare Victory Disc, the Vinyl Detective and his girlfriend Nevada are whisked into the world of big band swing music, and a mystery that began during the Second World War.


The Vinyl Detective - Flip Back (Vinyl Detective 4)


It’s all Tinkler’s fault. If it weren’t for his obsession with the 1970s electric folk band, Black Dog, none of this would have happened.

>^.^<

I feel so lucky to have found this series recently, and although the cat twins; Fanny and Turk don't really have a large role other than just being cute cats, and that they add a bit of background padding/fluff, I don't feel cheated in any way at all by that.

These books are pawesome, they have; mystery,  intrigue, a touch of romance, humour, murder, some very funny names, old fashioned vinyl records or LP's, and a very clever plot with great lead characters who are fun and witty though very relatable, and some suitably nasty baddies too. The main-stage setting is London, although cross-county and world-wide travel does feature, which adds a nice element.

After four books I still have absolutely no clue what the Vinyl Detectives name actually is, or what he looks like; this is the furst book I've ever read where I have no idea about these normally high-ranking details which authors like to subtly intertwine within the lines of the story, but it only adds to the mystery. In book one, he does get the nickname Chef, but that's as big a spoiler as mew'll get from me! MOL 

 All in all a brilliant read, with a nice old school vibe, and I can't wait for book 5 which is coming out in Spring 2020, and if I'm honest, that's not soon enough for me! 

If mew love a really good read, then I think mew'll really enjoy this; though I would suggest getting the audio version as the narrator is epic, and really brings the story and characters to life.


*    *    *
BK1 480 pages   BK2 416 pages   BK3 320 pages BK4 416

Publisher:  Titan Books

The Amber Biblio Rating System Fur Offurall Enjoyment:

Ratings of:

The Vinyl Detective Series Books 1 - 4

Offurall Enjoyment


I do hope mew enjoy this series if mew decide to give it a try... 

...and if mew've read it already, what did mew think?

*    *    *

Sadly it's time fur me to say BFN or bye-fur-now as mew know the drill, so many books, so little time and I'll be back next week with another specially paw-picked book just fur mew. And don't furget that all my previous reviews can be found on my Book Review page.

Don't furget to stop by tomorrow when our furst Catmas Special Crafting with Cats will be live, so do join us for that!

Until next time

Keep calm and read on

Purrs

Amber xox








@BionicBasil® on InstacatTwitter and Facebook


 graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com and www.pizap.com

7 comments:

  1. Another great review sweet Amber, we might have to read that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great series and exactly what I enjoy. I googled it and I think I will be getting them all after Christmas. Thanks for the review Amber, it is very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need another good book to read. Thanks for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading is the very best. Hubby and I enjoy reading together each day.

    Have a purrfect day and weekend. My best to your mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a good series. I love your reviews Amber. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, this would be a great series for my brother, who is heavy into old-fashioned records!

    ReplyDelete
  7. From Chip Hauckcat:
    Is there a cat in the books?? My late brofur, Angel Hermes, started the cat mystery Bookclub at Cat Scouts! Basil used to send him suggestions on what they might want to read next. But there has to a cat! At least one!
    Thanks,
    Cat Scout Chip.
    Would Fudge like to be a Cat Scout??

    ReplyDelete

❤️*Waves Paw* we love comments, thanks so much fur leaving one ❤️
FYI Comment Moderation is on due an influx of SPAM - so if mew don't see your comment straight away, DON'T PANIC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...