Welcome to BBHQ home of Basil and The B Team! We share Feline Enrichment tips, hacks and ideas, Cat Health, Adventure Stories for all ages, Book Reviews, Blog Hops, Crafting with Cats, Colouring with Cats, Pet Peeves, Product Reviews, Fashion with Felines, Brain Training with Cats and so much more. So drop by often to catch up on all the fun and remember; the world is way better with cats! Purrs from your hosts, Wing Commander Basil & The B Team
Crafting With Cats ~ Easter Special Re-Run ~ Easy Catnip Easter Eggs ~ The Only Kind of Easter Eggs Mew'll Want! #CalorieFree MOL
Supurr Greetings Pawesome Pals
Thanks fur joining fur us fur our Easter Crafting with Cats post. Mew know we have so much fun making all this stuff for feline fun and enrichment, and we hope mew enjoy seeing it and/or making it too!
If mew missed any of our previous CWC posts, stop by the Crafting with Cats Page and see all our past projects, and mew don't have to be an expert in anything to make any of them. Plus we offer workarounds and no-sew projects for those who don't like to sew.
* * *
All Crafting with Cats ideas and creations are of our own design and we share them fur purrsonal/home use only.
So purrlease do not copy fur commercial/resale purrposes.
1. & 2. We're making six eggs - one each of course, and here's our fabric choices fur our eggs
3. Cut out your egg shapes - ours are approx 7" tall by 5" at the widest part prior to sewing
4. Check with optional bunny to make sure they meet FULL BUNNY approval
5. Cut out lining fabric and place either side of your patterned fabric
6. Pin eggs together ready fur sewing [right sides together]
7. Sew, either by hand or machine, leaving a gap fur the stuffing at the bottom
8. Your egg/s should now look something like this
9. Turn fabric right sides out and get FULL BUNNY approval before continuing
10. This is one side of our eggs
11. This is the other side
12. Now stuff with catnip - we used our homegrown, organic primo nip in our eggs. And used a ratio of 1/4 stuffing/wadding to 3/4 catnip to fill them - that way the eggs are springy but are really stuffed to the brim with the primo stuff making sure they're extra fragrant and delicious, as nopurrdy wants a BAD EGG! MOL
13. Once your eggs are fully stuffed, hand sew the final part of the seam together
14. Mew should have something that now looks like this, with FULL BUNNY approval if mew had a bunny on-site snoopervising
Now we're at the critical stage of testing, so what did Smooch think?
As mew can see there was no stopping him, the eggs were amazing and Smooch said, "Dudes these Easter Eggs are eggstraspecially nip'a'licious!"
In fact, the P.A. had to remove him from the room as he went a little wild and refused to share with anypurrdy else, I think that's because the P.A. used a special combo of Catnip and Catmint that we affectionately refer to as the Psychedelic Puma Blend - OOPS - so maybe not fur newbies like youngMelvyn!
So there mew have it, straight from Smooch; catnip eggs are the best, make some, get some, try some this Easter and don't miss out on the fun!
* * *
And that pawesome furiends furry sadly brings us to the end of our Easter Crafting with Cats re-run post, we do hope mew liked it, and we look forward to sharing more crafting exploits from BBHQ in the future!
And if there's anything mew'd like us to make, leave a comment and we'll do our best next time we're here.
We'll be back on the morrow with our fab Easter Selfies and do hope mew can join us then.
Bestest crafty purrs
Wing Commander Basil & The B Team xox
And don't furget while we're all on
lockdown, we The B Team have got your six and can entertain mew fur weeks;
there are oodles of colouring pages to download and
not furgetting the colouring books too. There's a page full of crafting
projects to keep your mittens making stuff, and if books are your thing,
check out Amber's
Book Reviews fur your next pawesome read!
There are some epically exciting
adventure stories too, so read our thrilling tales episode by epic episode.
also added some new Brain Training posts, just to keep your
little grey cells in tip-top condition. And we’ll be adding extra jigsaw
puzzles to the puzzle page.
If mew want to see more of what's been happening
at BBHQ since the lockdown began, check out our Instagram feed where
mew can see our daily diary and exclusive videos that we don't put here on the
We at BionicBasil HQ are not responsible or liable fur any injuries to person/s and/or cat/s, crafting addictions, glue on cats, paper cuts, misplaced pins and needles, cats stealing your supplies, broken scissors, cat fur stuck on your projects, or your project not turning out as planned. By using this information you hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless BionicBasil and stafffrom and against any and all claims for personal injuries or damages of any kind arising from use of any Crafting With Cats posts we may share.