Friday, 23 October 2020
Book Reviews with Amber at The Mewton-Clawson Library featuring **Cats: They Drive Us Crazy!** by Bill Stott PLUS Friendly Fill-Ins
Hello gorgeous library guests
Welcome to the Mewton-Clawson Library at BBHQ
Thank mew for joining me in the stacks today and OH MY GOSH am I excited, why am Is so excited?
It's my birthday tomorrow and I'm 18, or 88 in Cat Years!!!!
I have heard whispers among the stacks that a pawty is being planned although I haven't seen any action to back up these rumours yet, all I see is 3 really lazy cats, not mentioning any names, Smooch, Fudge and Melvyn sleeping the days away.
So we'll have to see what epic surprises are in store for me tomorrow, I do hope it's an Amazon truck with 40ft trailer filled with books or something similar, oh but if I do get that many books I might have to relocate the library into the bunker as I'm running out of space now.
Do mew think Basil would mind me taking over level 7? I did notice last time I was there that the 12,000sq ft wasn't really being utilised in a propurr manner. There were just a few military vehicles and a few storage crates strewn about nothing that couldn't be moved elsewhere, and I could do wunders with a space like that, and it would be a rather marvellous project for my senior years too. I could just sit back and direct everypawdy else, so pawesome! MOL
Maybe that's my surprise, oh wow now that would be epically epic!
And on that note, I need to start planning my new library and getting some detailed plans drawn up stat, as I'm going to need a lot of bookshelves.
Today the P.A. is also joining in Friday Fill-ins Blog Hop with the pawesome 15 & Meowing and Four-Le
1. I might _________.
2. I want to _________ before fall is over.
3. If my house were haunted, _________.
4. _________ is the scariest thing that's ever happened to me.
The P.A.'s answers are...
1. I might actually get some time to write the books soon #Iwish LOL LOL
2. I want to win the Euromillions Lottery Jackpot before fall is over #Iwish LOL LOL
3. If my house were haunted - funnily enough my house is haunted for real, there has been poltergeist activity over the years. Especially if work or maintenance is being carried out on the property. Yes, it can be really freaky at times, and yes we did get the local vicar in for an exorcism, we had the house blessed, smudged, shamaned, wiccaned, anything you can think of we did, and no it didn't work, IT'S still here. Things go missing never to be found, other things that don't belong to Josh or I turn up now and again, the weirdest one was a purple dinky toy car appearing in one of the bedrooms. Orbs dance along the walls and you can see them, and no I'm not kidding, I'm very serious.
4. Seeing the hob plate on the cooker turn on 'all by itself' in my kitchen late at night when I was on the other side of the room it is one of the scariest things that's ever happened to me. There's more but I'm not going to freak you out.
Let's see what I've got to show mew this time!
This week's top book pick is...
Here's a little snippet of the book blurb:
What is it about cats? Why are they so infuriating? Do they think they own the place? Are we really here only to serve them? Curl up in laughter with your cat as this fun gift book confirms what you've always suspected - they own us!
So what did I think to Cats, They Drive Us Crazy? I did enjoy this, and the author Bill Stott is a renowned cartoonist, so every page has a full-colour, comical doodle to match a funny one-liner. Some are funnier than others, but overall it is a cute, fun book.
The doodles are very cool, and remind me of the style that's used in the Roald Dahl books by Sir Quentin Blake, so if mew like that style mew'll love this.
I think this would make a fab stocking filler and/or goodie bag pressie. Or if mew're just looking for a little treat to brighten up your day, this has got your name all over it!
My Purrsonal Ratings Scale
Cats: They Drive Us Crazy!
I really hope mew enjoy the book as much as I did if mew decide to read it.
It's time fur me to say BFN or bye-fur-now as mew know the drill, so many books, so little time and I'll be back next week with another specially paw-picked book just for mew, and don't furget that all my previous reviews can be found on my Book Review page.
Until next time...
Keep calm and read more books
Don't furget to subscribe and never miss another review!
graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com