Welcome to British Moggies home of Basil and The B Team! We share Feline Enrichment tips, hacks and ideas, Cat Health, Adventure Stories for all ages, Book Reviews, Blog Hops, Crafting with Cats, Colouring with Cats, Pet Peeves, Product Reviews, Fashion with Felines, Brain Training with Cats and so much more. So drop by often to catch up on all the fun and remember; the world is way better with cats! Purrs from your hosts, Wing Commander Basil & The B Team
Crafting With Cats ~ Part XXIII ~ Easter Eggstravaganza **POSSIBLY THE BEST EASTER HAT EVER** ~ How We Made The Epic Easter Top Hat ~ Human and Cat Versions
Supurr Greetings Pawesome Pals
Happy Caturday, and thanks so much for joining us today for Part XXIII of our Crafting with Cats segment. We have so much fun making and creating stuff, and we hope mew enjoy seeing it and/or making it too!
If mew missed any of our previous CWC posts, stop by the Crafting with Cats Page and see all our previous projects, and mew don't have to be an expert in anything to make any of them. Plus, we offer workarounds and no-sew projects for those who don't like to sew.
* * *
**A quick note before we begin**
All Crafting with Cats ideas and creations are of our own design, and we share them fur purrsonal/home use only.
So purrlease do not copy fur commercial/resale purrposes.
A couple of weeks ago, Nanny asked the P.A. if she could make a totally bonkers Easter hat for her W.I. Group, and so the P.A. got her thinking cap on and designed this!
And then she made a smaller version for us, which is furry kindly modelled by both Parsley and Melvyn; see further down the post.
Luckily there were plenty of supplies in the craft room, so we didn't have to buy anything at all to make this.
What We Used:
Tissue paper in various colours
Glitter in various colours
Paint or spray paint
Non-toxic PVA Glue + paintbrush
Hot glue gun
Ribbon in various colours
Cocktail sticks + polystyrene sphere and dish
Let's Get Started
1. Get some cardboard; we used an amazon box and a couple of the thinner cardboard A4 pockets. Measure your head circumference and draw the brim to fit, so basically two circles with the inner one matching your head circumference.
2. Cut out.
3. Take the thinner cardboard and measure enough to make the tube just a fraction larger than your inner circle.
4. Stick together with glue or tape.
5. Cut tabs approx 1 cm or 1/2" deep all the way around both edges of the tube.
6. Fold the bottom tabbed edge outwards.
7. Fold the top tabbed edge inwards.
8. Glue tube to brim furst.
9. Cut a cardboard circle to fit the top of the tube and glue it in place.
10. Paint. We used silver spray paint.
11. & 12. Get your glitter and polystyrene eggs.
13. To make them easier to decorate, we got a large polystyrene sphere in a small bowl and used cocktail sticks in the eggs.
14. & 15. & 16. Get your PVA glue and brush and decorate the eggs with glitter. We did one colour at a time and waited for it to dry before adding the next colour. So it is quite time-consuming. *Note do not use hot glue on polystyrene - it will melt.
17. These are our finished eggs; eat your heart out Faberge! MOL
18. Take a sheet of tissue paper and fold it into a strip approx 4" inches or 10 cm wide and cut a petal shape along one edge.
19. Join the strips together with a piece of tape to look like a large Xmas hat from a cracker.
20. Scrunch up along the straight edge to make a flower shape and tape in place.
21. Repeat #20 until mew have lots of flower shapes.
22. Stack together and glue, we used hot glue for this, and mew should now have a lovely flower like this one. Repeat if mew want more flowers; we made 7 in total in different colours.
23. & 24. Decorate your hat. We used some grosgrain ribbon around the top portion of the hat in nice wide stripes. We then attached the flowers all around the brim and a smaller one on the top. Next, we glued the Easter chicks around the top flower, and finally we added the glitter eggs and nestled them between the flowers and voila, see the final finished Epic Top Hat below.
Isn't it fun and totally bonkers?
The Mad Hatter would have been proud to wear this to a tea pawty! MOL
After Nanny's bonkers hat was completed, the P.A. followed the same system to make a cat-sized one, and here it is, modelled by Parsley and Melvyn.
What do mew think, who looks the best, Parsley or Melvyn?
We only have one complaint, the P.A. used all the Easter chicks on Nanny's hat and we would have liked one on ours! MOL
And that furiends furry sadly brings us to the end of our 23rd Crafting with Cats post; we do hope mew liked it, and if mew decide to make your furry own Epic Easter Top Hat, tag us on social media as we'd love to see.
And if there's anything mew'd like us to make, leave a comment, and we'll do our best.
We'll be back tomorrow with our usual selfie selection, so stop by to see what we have in store fur mew this week! Until then...
Epic Easter purrs
Wing Commander Basil & The B Team
We at BionicBasil HQ are not responsible or liable fur any injuries to person/s and/or cat/s, crafting addictions, glue on cats, paper cuts, misplaced pins and needles, cats stealing your supplies, broken scissors, cat fur stuck on your projects, or your project not turning out as planned. By using this information you hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless BionicBasil and stafffrom and against any and all claims for personal injuries or damages of any kind arising from use of any Crafting With Cats posts we may share.
Graphics created with paid licence www.canva.comandwww.befunky.com