Wednesday 14 December 2016

Wordy on Wednesday with Biblio-Kitty Amber #22 featuring Cat Out of Hell

Welcome To


With Amber ~ The Self-Appointed Biblio-Kitty


Wunderpurr greetings fellow book lovers

I do hope mew've been taking time out from the stressfulness of getting ready fur Catmass, this year we're having a supurr low key-vibe happening but I will share our purretty tree with mew.


Yes it is pink, and purple and orange and white, and has teddies and fairies and fluffies on it  too [We actually think the P.A. has never grown up and it's way, way, way too late to say anything now!!!] MOL


And just a brief update on Basil, he's getting much better and looking a lot brighter.  He's slowly moving back onto his regular diet and so far, so good.   We are still keeping a furry close eye on him, and as mew can see he's really enjoying snuggling in the softness and he's even wanting to play a bit again, which is terrific!

And now I think it's time we move on to this weeks book pick.

This week on book reviews with Amber, I'm sharing

Cat Out of Hell

by

Lynne Truss

Here's a little snippet of the book blurb:

For people who both love and hate cats comes the tale of Alec Charlesworth, a librarian who finds himself suddenly alone: he's lost his job, his beloved wife has just died. Overcome by grief, he searches for clues about her disappearance in a file of interviews between a man called "Wiggy" and a cat, Roger. Who speaks to him.

*    *    *

Where to begin, this is not your average cat book.  In fact, it's rather bizarre and though it says above in the blurb that it is hysterically funny, sadly I didn't MOL once throughout the entire thing, I'm not saying there wasn't a few amusing moments but they were not hysterically funny, either I just didn't feel the humour or my humour chip is faulty this week.

While I can't say I loved it, I can't say I hated it either, it's one of those rather peculiar books that in its convoluted and intriguing way you have to listen/read the furry last wurd.  Aftur I'd finished listening to it, I did feel a sense of there should have been more explanation, more something, but that's just my opinion.

The actual narration and story is quite jerky in the beginning and takes some getting into but once mew do it's a furry pleasant listen, fur me it just lacked something, though mew may love it and say that it doesn't.

To be honest with mew all, I've never found it hard to write a few lines about anything I've effur read previously, but this... this was really excruciatingly difficult in all senses to write about as I really am at a loss about the entire purpose of it and how I actually felt about it.

Ah well, it happens to the best of us, so while not my favourite read ever or my least favourite read in the history of reading, this is an acquired taste, and a bizarre, strange, weird tale or maybe it's just me and I'm off my game this week.

My suggestion is, give it a go, you may like it, or like me, be wundering WTF! [What the Fluff!]


Paperback copy:  256 pages

Audio Edition: 5 hours 13 mins long


The Amber Biblio Rating System Fur Offurall Enjoyment:



Ratings of:

Cat Out of Hell


Plot

Characters

Story

Narration

Offurall Enjoyment


I hope mew enjoy this novel if mew do take the plunge and get it... and if mew've read it already, tell me what did mew think?

And furry quickly in other news, if mew didn't know the pawesome kitties at Katzenword.com have a giveaway happening right now with Basil's book as the prize, so if mew'd like to get your mittens on a free copy, just head offur and enter.

Sadly it's time fur me to say BFN or bye-fur-now as mew know the drill, so many books, so little time and don't furget to stop by tomorrow fur Basil's Brain Training!

Happy reading or listening

Bestest biblio purrs

Amber xox




Graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com and www.pizap.com

21 comments:

  1. I think your tree is gorgeous! And I'm glad that Basil is recovering nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Summer, Basil is getting better effuryday day thank mew! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  2. Thanks Amber, I think this is the first review where I am left thinking this book may have to wait till it lands in the bargain bucket before I buy it. I do like the books to have a mission statement, or intent one way or another... you know what, I might just buy it to see... purrs Erin PS the tree looks lovely, the leaves fell off ours weeks ago. MOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin, mew know I'm still undecided about this one... if mew do get it let me know what mew think! purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  3. We're glad Basil is feeling better. And your tree is fabulous! Ours isn't even decorated yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Island Cats, I hope Wally is feeling better and Basil is getting better too! purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  4. Is that your tree? At your house? It's... GORGEOUS!

    Purrs,
    Seville

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Seville, yes that's our indoor tree, thank mew I'm so happy mew like it! purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  5. Your tree is beautiful. Why is it that everyone else's tree looks so good? I think I need to work on my decorating skills. Glad that Basil is getting better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chatty Cats, I'm sure your tree is beautiful! purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  6. Great review, I think I will pass on it though, not my kind of book. I love your tree, it is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi all, yeah, this book was rather bizarre - good choice on passing! purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  7. What a lovely tree you have, Amber! And we are SO happy that Basil is getting better and better. :)

    Your review was great. We loved that one of the options for reactions was "what the fluff!" MOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi guys, the WTF did make me MOL too! Thank mew Basil is getting better each days! purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  8. We love your tree! And we're glad Basil is feeling better. I hadn't heard about this book before ... so thank you for sharing, Amber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Momma Kat & Bear, oh I'm so happy that Basil is feeling better too, he really wurried us there fur a while! purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  9. guyz....yur tree iz awesum......troo lee....N basil, we iz mega soooooper grate happee for ya dood, keep up de grate werk, eat like yur eatin for 7 catz, we R gonna try R best ta wear yur hat over de next few.....de trout liked it !!!!!! N heerz two a merry Christmas anda happee one anda blessed one.....see ya ina few ☺☺☺☺♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tabbies & Miss Dai$y, I'll tell Basil he need to eat more! MOL Oh and I can't wait to see mew modelling the hat, mew'll all look tres fabulous! purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  10. I am glad you are getting better every day, Basil. Your tree is beautiful! Mine is still in it's box and probably will be there until Christmas Eve when my mum will be rushing to put it up.
    Amber, she says thank you for reviewing the book, but she thinks she will probably leave it off her reading list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Flynn, oh I'm sure your mum will get the tree up before then! And wise decision on the book, PASS fur sure! MOL purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  11. Hooray, Basil is feeling better!
    Tht is such a whimsicl and pretty tree!
    Hey, you know its OK to be a kid again at Christmas time. You should have seen what the petcretary wore to work that day...and no she did not take pictures, but she said it was great to see smiles on the residents faces...not to mention the staff:)

    (Not sure if that is a book we would want to read.)

    ReplyDelete

❤️*Waves Paw* we love comments, thanks so much fur leaving one ❤️
FYI Comment Moderation is on due an influx of SPAM - so if mew don't see your comment straight away, DON'T PANIC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...