Wednesday 21 December 2016

Wordy on Wednesday with Biblio-Kitty Amber #23 featuring Three Wise Cats: A Christmas Story

Welcome To


With Amber ~ The Self-Appointed Biblio-Kitty


Wunderpurr greetings fellow book lovers

Woo Hoo it's nearly Catmass!!!

So the other day I thought I'd get my cutest little red Kitty's Claws outfit on and really get in the festive mood, what I didn't realise was, I've put a bit of weight on since I last wore it and it was just a smidge, let me repeat that, an eency weency smidge too tight.
The other memfurs of The Heathen Horde thought this was most funny, hilariously funny... I howeffur did not.
And now I think it's time we swiftly move on to this weeks book pick.



This week on book reviews with Amber, I'm sharing

Three Wise Cats: A Christmas Story


by 

 Harold M. Konstantelos and Terri Jenkins-Brady

Here's a little snippet of the book blurb:

The old Siamese Ptolemy was alongside his master when a star of unusual brightness was seen in the heavens, indicating an event of momentous significance, and leading to a great quest. Ptolemy must watch over his frail master, so he sends three young cats to journey in his place and to fulfil the prophecy: the three shall find the one. 

*    *    *

As it's Catmass I thought we'd better have a bit of Yule themed book and this one was purrfect.  A retelling of a story all of mew will know and only done with cats instead of peeps, what more do mew need this Catmass?

I really enjoyed this version, although don't think it is a completely accurate mirror of the biblical tale as there are one or two discrepancies, but that's not what it about, it's about three cats making an epically epic journey to go and meet the kings of kings.

So as far as Catmass Tails go, this is totally pawesome and if mew feel the need fur a biblical tail, this is the one fur mew!


Paperback copy:  208 pages

Audio Edition: 3 hours 55 mins long


The Amber Biblio Rating System Fur Offurall Enjoyment:


Ratings of:

Three Wise Cats: A Christmas Story


Plot

Characters

Story

Narration

Offurall Enjoyment

I hope mew enjoy this novel as much as I did, and if mew've read it already, tell me what did mew think?

And furry quickly in other news, if mew didn't know the pawesome kitties at Katzenword.com have a giveaway happening right now with Basil's book as the prize, so if mew'd like to get your mittens on a free copy, just head offur and enter.

Sadly it's time fur me to say BFN or bye-fur-now as mew know the drill, so many books, so little time and don't furget to stop by tomorrow fur Basil's Brain Training!

Happy reading or listening

Bestest biblio purrs

Amber xox







Graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com and www.pizap.com

22 comments:

  1. It is amazing how clothes can shrink when you aren't wearing them! Three Wise Cats sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MOL that is so true, they shrank in the cupboard!!! MOL purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  2. That sounds like an excellent book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Island Cats, oh it's a fab book mew should definitely try it! purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  3. The PA must have washed your Santa outfit and it shrank! That sounds like a nice book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Flynn, yes I agree with that too, it's all the P.A.'s fault!!! MOL MOL purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  4. Thanks for linking up at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/12/visiting-bethlehem-gloria-in-excelsis.html, and have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Christmas outfit! You are so beautiful. :) This book sounds like a lot of fun. It would be a purrrfect read for this time of year. I think I would really enjoy this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dexter & Manna, thanks so much, I think mew should definitely try this one! purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  6. I think you look great in your outfit and very thin. I love this book, I have a copy of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey guys, oh wow I'm so glad that mew loved it too and thank mew fur the THIN compliment, I feel so much better now!!! MOL purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  7. I think the outfit shrank! That's always my excuse ... darn dryer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Momma Kat and Bear, oh I love your idea too, the dryer certainly had something to do with it!!! MOL MOL purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  8. You clearly use the same cleans that peep does! Love the idea of the book, and will get this one next time I see it. purrs ERin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin, oh that's what happened the flipping dry cleaners ruined it!!! MOL purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  9. Oh. My. Mouses. You know, they say you can't judge a book by its cover but the cover of that book is so very, VERY BEAUTIFUL, I'm bettin' the book is, too. purrs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Seville, this cover is rather fabulous isn't it, and mew are right the book is too! purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  10. Basil SO COOL!
    We want a book dood! Maybe a PDF for your pals?
    Timmy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Timmy, oh I'm sure mew would love this book! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  11. How you made the petcretary giggle, Amber...sorry...but you know we did not, nope, we did not:)
    Now that just might be a book we would want to have for future grand-rugrats here...if there evfur are any, MOL! Maybe the petcretary needs one for herself...just saying...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pipo & Minko, oh this would be purrfect fur future grand-rugrats!! MOL purrs Amber XOX

      Delete

❤️*Waves Paw* we love comments, thanks so much fur leaving one ❤️
FYI Comment Moderation is on due an influx of SPAM - so if mew don't see your comment straight away, DON'T PANIC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...