Monday 5 December 2016

Colouring with Cats #9 ~ Getting Your OM on with Mandalas on Mondays!


Monday greetings beautiful furriends

It's been a real rough few days hasn't it?  Sammy, Easy and Fiona departed fur the Rainbow Bridge last week, and although we had neffur met Easy before we send many prayers and gentle hugs to his family and to Fiona's and Sammy's too, as to be honest last week was epically awful.

*Addendum: Pippo & Minko left a comment to say that Treasure also departed fur the Rainbow Bridge, we send Treasure's family many prayers and gentle hugs too.

And some of mew may know that I too have been rather unwell, but enough talk about sadness furriends, today we'd like to dedicate our Mandala to the memory of three, now four pawesome fallen hero's.

I'M STILL HERE 

Friend, please don’t mourn for me
I’m still here, though you don’t see.
I’m right by your side each night and day
and within your heart I long to stay.

My body is gone but I’m always near.
I’m everything you feel, see or hear.
My spirit is free, but I’ll never depart
as long as you keep me alive in your heart.

I’ll never wander out of your sight-
I’m the brightest star on a summer’s night.
I’ll never be beyond your reach-
I’m the warm moist sand when you’re at the beach.

I’m the colorful leaves when fall comes around
and the pure white snow that blankets the ground.
I’m the beautiful flowers of which you’re so fond,
The clear cool water in a quiet pond.

I’m the first bright blossom you’ll see in the spring,
The first warm raindrop that April will bring.
I’m the first ray of light when the sun starts to shine,
and you’ll see that the face in the moon shine is mine.

When you start thinking there’s no one to love you,
you can talk to through the Lord up above you.
I’ll whisper my answer through the leaves on the trees,
and you’ll feel my presence in the soft summer breeze.

I’m the hot salty tears that flow when you weep
and the beautiful dreams that come while you sleep.
I’m the smile you see on a baby’s face.
Just look for me friend, I’m every place!

        ~Author Unknown

Aftur that I think we need to do a little breathing exercise, purrlease take deep fulfilling breaths; counting to five on the inhale and five on the exhale:

Breathe in
Breathe out

Breathe in
Breathe out

Breathe in
Breathe out

Let all the sadness be replaced by love and joy... 

...and even though most of us neffur met this gallant trio, make that foursome in the flesh, they will always be alive in our hearts...

 So as mew colour today's Mandala, purrlease fill your heart and soul with love, light and happiness and let it radiate out to Sammy, Fiona and Easy's families, and Treasure's too.

Thank mew most sincerely

*    *    *

If mew have missed any of the previous mandala's and feel the need to colour, here's the links:

Mandala #1  Mandala #2  Mandala #3  Mandala #4  Mandala #5  Mandala #6   Mandala #7   Mandala #8

All the mandala's featured are designed and made by us, unless otherwise stated.


So without further adieu here's this weeks Mandala :

Just right click the image to save and print it...
 And here's the P.A.s finished version....


Coloured using metallic and glitter gel pens and lot's of healing, soothing, gentle energies.

If any of mew would like to share the coloured mandala on your blogs purrlease do, mew don't have to ask, we're happy fur mew to use it.

*    *    *

If mew'd like to share your peeps pawesome artwurk feel free to post it on our Facebook page at:


as we'd really, really love to see your interpretation of today's mandala.

*    *    *

Amber will be here again on Wednesday with her book club fur your entertainment, and we know mew're not going to want to miss it;  it's got a full kitty cast, no hoomans whatsoeffur and it's the book she was going to share last week until my untimely pancreatitis took precedence offur all blogging activity!

I must apologize to mew all fur interrupting last weeks programming schedule, hopefully this week all will be well - paws crossed. And with a bit of luck we'll get time to come and visit mew all and leave some comments :)

We're also hoping to hear news of the Time Travelling Bobble Hat from the Florida Furkids this week, as surely it must be there by now!



Until then

Keep Calm and Colour OM!

Bestest most soothing gentle loving purrs

Basil & Co xox



22 comments:

  1. This has been a sad week. Very nice mandala.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know Treasure?
    http://mickeytheblackcat.blogspot.com/2016/12/goodnight-sweet-princemy-little-treasure.html
    He went to join all the kitty angels, too...

    That is a pretty mandala.
    Hope you are doing well bit by bit, each day better than the previous, Basil! We are pawyering for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pippo & Minko, no we don't know Treasure but thank mew fur telling us and we have added him to the mandala, if mew would like to let Treasures family know...
      I am feeling a little better and I'm back at the vets this afternoon. and thank mew fur the prayers XOX

      Delete
  3. We love your Mandala! We need to tell Fiona's Mum!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dash Kitten, thank mew, we are so happy mew like it.... XOX

      Delete
  4. This has been a very sad time, so many friends making that journey. Love the mandalas, so pretty & complex. Now Basil, how are you doing young man? We hope things are improving for you little one

    Luff
    Mungo & Jet xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mungo & Jet, it's been a horrible time, so much loss :(
      I am doing a little better and I'm back at the vets this afternoon, so we'll see how I go.... thank mew both XOX

      Delete
  5. That is a beautiful Mandala in honour of our dear friends who have left us over the past week. It has been a very sad time.
    I hope you are starting to feel better, Basil, and have a good vet report.

    ReplyDelete
  6. dood....dont ewe dare say ewe iz feelin poor lee.....pleez due knot.....we haz 984 pawz crossed that yur doin lotz better N what ever iz wrong iz now rite ~~~~~~~~~~~~ de manee blessings frum R pal St Francis two ewe; de dood noez hiz stuff oh kay.....sew if him sayz heer basil, take theeze 389 blessingz, dont feel bad; just take em....♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, N de PA's mandala iz awesum ~~~~~~~ ♥♥♥♥ we noe each oh R palz
      lovez it ~~~~~~~

      Delete
  7. Basil, Thank you so much for remembering Fiona here and the others with this gorgeous Mandala, We will indeed share it on an upcoming post. Thanks for being our friends. XOCK, Mom Janet, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Mandala is stunning!!!

    The hat got here....Mom's a slacker. We're posting tomorrow and sending it off to the Tabbies of Trout Towne asap! We had a blast with it.

    How are you feeling?

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ummmm We don't like to hear dat you're feelin' poorly. 'Course we don't want you to lie, but we want you to be fine. We have lost so much and me doesn't think me's mommys heart can take much more. Christmas be so hard on her cuz of da past, and this year without sis Lexi is killin' her, and now to lose so many furiends...No matter what da future holds dear furiend, purrlease know, dat while we may be pawful at visitin', you're always in our thoughts and purrayers. We luv you dearly and don't say it enuff. Big hugs and purrayers fur all.

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a beautiful tribute.
    We hope you are feeling better and having a lovely Monday...

    Noodle and crew

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely tribute .
    We love the poem and the mandalas. Thank you :)
    We purr you are feeling better. We send you purrs.
    Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

    Thank you for your kind thoughts for Treasure.
    We miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the "I'm still here" poem. But it always makes me cry. I miss my departed kitties so much, and I know so many of the wounded families you mentioned feel the same. I am so glad we're all banding together to show support. It's been an exceedingly tough month!

    Jean from Welcome to the Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  14. That poem has me in tears. Beautiful mandala! We hope you're continuing to get better, Basil. We missed all of you last week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a beautiful poem and mandala.

    ReplyDelete
  16. An amazing Mandala and poem Basil. Thank you so much for including all of us who have made our way to the Rainbow Bridge in the past week......we are with you always - in your hearts.......

    Hugs, Angel Sammy

    ReplyDelete

❤️*Waves Paw* we love comments, thanks so much fur leaving one ❤️
FYI Comment Moderation is on due an influx of SPAM - so if mew don't see your comment straight away, DON'T PANIC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...