Friday 23 November 2018

Feline Fiction on Fridays #81 at Amber's Library featuring **Don't Call Me Princess** by Kate Evans

Welcome To


With Amber ~ The Best Library Kitty in the entire Mewton~Clawson Parish


Supurr salutations pawesome furriends

*waves paw*

Hello gorgeous library guests and welcome to my private library

Furstly I have to announce who won a copy of Happy Cats from last weeks review.

And the winner is:

Memories of Eric and Flynn

Congratulations guys, I know your mum will love this!  If mew can email me at: deardrbasil @ gmail . com with your snail mail address, I'll get the copy sent post-haste.

In other news, it's been rather chilly the last couple of days, so last night I got on the P.A.'s lap fur a cuddly snuggle and then look who came and got on the front row!
Yep, Smooch was right there up in my grill, PFFFFFT!

And now I think it's time to share this weeks book.

This week I'm sharing





**Furstly I have to let mew all know that I was given a free copy of this book in exchange fur a fair review**


Here's the book blurb:

Are you fed up of Fairy-Tale Princesses waiting to be saved?

And do you want some decent heroines who aren't so well-behaved?

What if we gave The Little Mermaid, Sleeping Beauty and Snow White some brand new Happy Ever Afters… and an up-to-date rewrite? 


Kate Evans's refreshing retake on traditional tales is destined to become an instant classic. Essential reading for all ages. 

'Kate Evans's brilliant new book is filled with creepy kissy princes and tough little girls. She's turned fairy tales on their heads, bringing us better stories of long long ago and far far away. For girls who aspire to more than finding their happiness in a prince.' Henny Beaumont, author of Hole in the Heart

*    *    *

Now, I know exactly what mew're thinking, where's the cat? Well actually I have a little confession, there are no cats whatsoeffur in this book! **SHARP INTAKE OF BREATH** OMC!!!

Well dearest readers, I thought it would be rather nice to mix things up fur mew this week and keep mew on your toes! MOL  But seriously this book is really fun, and let's younger gurls know that they're the master of their own destiny, furget about all the fairy tales about princesses and the happily effur afturs, as in all honesty those tales when mew read this book highlights the absolute ridiculousness of being a princess!

 The illustrations throughout are highly entertaining, and the style is fabulous.

I love the message of empowerment fur our younger female generations; be strong, be kind, believe that mew can do anything, be self-reliant, take charge of your purrsonal happiness, remember that effuryone is beautiful in their own unique way and know that mew have the power to be who mew want to be.

A lovely book fur daughters, nieces and granddaughters, plus with Catmas just around the corner this would make the purrfect gift.

The P.A. said aftur I insisted that she read it aftur me, "You know Amber, I would have loved a book like this when I was younger!"  

"Did they have printing presses 3 bazillion years ago?!" I asked with a smirk.

I can't repeat what the P.A. said, but I bet mew can guess! MOL

And just before I pop off, I'd like to say a special thanks to New Internationalist fur sending me a copy of, Don't Call Me Princess.

*    *    *
  • Hardcover: 32 pages
  • Age Range: 6 years and up
  • Publisher: New Internationalist (25 Oct. 2018)

The Amber Biblio Rating System Fur Offurall Enjoyment:

Ratings of:

Don't Call Me Princess


Offurall Enjoyment


I do hope mew enjoy this book if mew decide to give it a try... 

...and if mew've read it already, what did mew think?

*    *    *
Sadly it's time fur me to say BFN or bye-fur-now as mew know the drill, so many books, so little time and I'll be back next week with another specially paw-picked book just fur mew. And don't furget that all my previous reviews can be found on my Book Review page, plus if mew'd like an exclusive Library Card fur speshal access to my library, just email me at:

deardrbasil @ gmail . com

Happy reading or listening until next time

Sweetest purrs

Amber xox








Follow Us @BionicBasil on InstacatTwitter and Facebook


 graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com and www.pizap.com

23 comments:

  1. BROTHERS! Always all up in your business. ~Ellie Mae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMC, Ellie Mae, mew are so right - brofurs = PFFFFFTTTTTT! MOL Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  2. An epic book and the perfect red for any girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Dash Kitten Crew, oh this is a wunderpurr little book, purrfect fur any little gurl! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  3. YAY for princess empowerment! Sounds like just the book every young aspiring princess needs to have.
    Toodle pips and purrs
    ERin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Erin, well mew know all about Princess Power, purrhaps mew could help educate our younger feline sisfurs in the community! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  4. I am excited to have won last week's book! I'll send my address off right away, thank you.
    Smooch is looking very smug on the PA's lap, and you don't look at all pleased, Amber.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey guys, oh we were delighted when your name was picked out of the hat! Congratulations again and hopefully 'Happy Cats' should be nearly almost at your door by now! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  5. Being kind is something all must keep in mind, especially this weird, wacky time of year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey guys, I couldn't agree more, kindest is key in todays wurld! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  6. Happy Belated Thanksgiving Guys!
    And I gotta tell you Amber, I am sorry that I have not been visiting for the last 3 weeks. But I am back and WHAT A GREAT BOOK you have reviewed! We are going to look and see if we can find it. We think it would be purrfect for the Grand Princesses!
    Thank YOU!
    Purrs
    Marv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya MAr, hope mew had a great Thanksgiving dude, we at BBHQ have missed mew loads, and yes, this book would be purrfect fur the Grand Princess! Purrs AMber xox

      Delete
  7. A great winner and a great book too, purrfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. COngrats to Jackie! This sounds like a good book Amber. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Aunty Ellen, oh this is a fun little book fur sure! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  9. Yay for Mum Jackie winning last week's book! Don't Call Me Princess sounds great, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey guys, mew'll love this book, a fabulous little read! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Funny Farmers, yes I did say that and it's true! MOL MOL Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  11. Congrats to Jackie!

    You're right, Amber. So many books and so little time :)

    Purrs xx
    Athena and Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Athena and Marie, oh my yes, so many books so little time - mew know I get through about 5 a week at the moment! MOL Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  12. Congrats Jackie. Enjoy your read.

    I am interested in this book about changing the endings on fairy tales. Alas we have run out of reading material and this sounds interesting.

    Shoko

    ReplyDelete

❤️*Waves Paw* we love comments, thanks so much fur leaving one ❤️
FYI Comment Moderation is on due an influx of SPAM - so if mew don't see your comment straight away, DON'T PANIC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...