Friday 9 November 2018

Feline Fiction on Fridays #79 at Amber's Library featuring **Magical Mystery Paws** by Mandy Morton

Welcome To


With Amber ~ The Best Library Kitty in the entire Mewton~Clawson Parish


Supurr salutations pawesome furriends

*waves paw*

Hello gorgeous library guests and welcome to my private library

Wow, what a busy week it's been, and this post nearly didn't happen because the last couple of chapters of The Clockwurk Labyrinth were in progress, mew can catch up on yesterdays Grand Finale by clicking the previous link.

And if mew've missed this years B Team blockbuster adventure, then mew might like to catch up on all the action as we rescued Fudge from an eveel dimension and saved Basil's old team from a fate wurse than the eveel dimension they were stuck in.  When I say it was an epic tale, it was an EPIC TAIL! MOL

It's got much colder the last week, so I've been getting lots of snuggle sessions in with the P.A. and I must say I think her slippers are supurr fun! MOL  Appurrently Pandora will be doing a Fashion with Felines post soon as she's got some really cool kitty things to share with mew all, including these slippers.

But enough fashion talk, as I've got a fab book to share with mew this week, it was only released on Audible a few days ago and I couldn't wait to get my mittens on it and share it with mew all.

This week I'm sharing

Magical Mystery Paws

The No 2 Feline Detective Agency Series Book 6

by

Mandy Morton


Here's a little snippet of the book blurb:

Meet Hettie Bagshot, a long-haired tabby cat whose whiskers twitch at the first sign of a mystery, and her best friend Tilly Jenkins. Together, they run the No. 2 Feline Detective Agency, and nothing will stop them from untangling each brain-teasing case that comes their way.
In scorching temperatures, Hettie Bagshot and her sidekick Tilly set out on a road trip to catch a killer cat amid a sea of entertainers. As Psycho Derek s bus lurches from one venue to the next, the killer strikes again. The big question for The No. 2 Feline Detective Agency is who will be next?
*    *    *
I'm sure that I've missed a couple of reviews fur this series but we'll come back to those in a future post/s. That's what happens when mew've got so many books, mew can't remember what mew've read or when mew read it!! MOL

Now, what did I think of book 6 in this series?  Mandy Morton neffur disappoints with these books, they have humour, mystery and of course, a little dash of murder sprinkled with eveel intent, but luckily there's always Hettie and her faithful sidekick, Tilly to put the pieces together and solve the crimes.  

This book, as its predecessors, rattles along at a fair old pace and as mew know I like to listen to the audio version, as I find they're even more entertaining when the narrator really engages with the characters.  And speaking of characters, these books are full of such interesting kitty-folk, that mew can't help but want more.

Each one can be read as a stand-alone or in sequence.  Fur me purrsonally, I love a good series and I really like an author who writes a huge series with many books, and I'm purraying to Cod that more will emerge offur the years, as it would be criminal not to continue it in my humble opinion.

Would I recommend this to mew?  Of course, I would, as it's such a fun read/listen and if like me, mew love cosy mysteries and cats, then this is definitely fur mew!

*    *    *
Audio: 6 Hours 6 Mins
  • Paperback: 240 pages  
  • Publisher: Farrago 12 July 2018

The Amber Biblio Rating System Fur Offurall Enjoyment:


Rating of:

Magical Mystery Paws


Offurall Enjoyment


I do hope mew enjoy this series if mew decide to give it a try... 

...and if mew've read it already, what did mew think?

*    *    *
Sadly it's time fur me to say BFN or bye-fur-now as mew know the drill, so many books, so little time and I'll be back next week with another specially paw-picked book just fur mew. And don't furget that all my previous reviews can be found on my Book Review page, plus if mew'd like an exclusive Library Card fur speshal access to my library, just email me at:

deardrbasil @ gmail . com

Happy reading or listening until next time

Soft purrs

Amber xox








Follow Us @BionicBasil on InstacatTwitter and Facebook


 graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com and www.pizap.com

16 comments:

  1. That sounds like a good read, Amber, but we have the same purroblem that you have...time to read, if only there were more hours in a day...sigh... Enjoy your extra snuggle time with your P.A. and her pawsome slippersšŸ˜ø Pawkisses for a Happy Weekend to all of youšŸ¾šŸ˜½šŸ’ž

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Binky, yes finding time to sit and read is really hard, that's why I listen to the audio books so I can multitask! MOL Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a very good read. I like a good Agatha Kitty type murder mystery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh mew'll love this, and in fact there's a character called Agatha Crispie! MOL [Which is hilarious as the P.A. has written a kids book with a character called Agatha Crispie too years ago!] MOL Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  3. That does sound like a magical one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this series, and never disappointed with the quality of plot or characters. Number 6 sounds a real hoot, too, so I best catch up with 4 and 5. MOL
    Toodlepips and purrs
    ERin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amber, I am still recovering from the action-packed "The Clockwurk Labyrinth"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a great read. We need to have a day to relax and have a book to read when it's cold like this outside. We love those slippers too. Thanks for the share. Have a wonderful upcoming weekend. Stay nice and warm.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey guys, oh mew'll really enjoy this one fur sure, and thanks fur stopping by we always love your visits! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  7. How does one get a card to Amber's library?! Or is that just an excuse to cuddle with Amber?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MK, BC & EM, to get a library card, email me a Bear and Ellie picture and I'll get a couple sorted fur mew! And yes cuddles are acceptable too!!! MOL MOL Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  8. Amber, I don't know of that series, as the cozy mysteries genre is still new to Mom. We read our first cozy mystery only earlier this year. It sounds like we have a lot of catching up to do! And if this book has lots of kitties in it like you say, then I'll be wiggling my tail in anticipation of reading/listening to it. Purr purr purr. -Valentine (& Mom Kerry) of Noir Kitty Mews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Valentine, oh mew must ask Erin as she loves these books too, if mew need another recommendation! MOL And if mew're short on time like me, audible is definitely the way to go! And BTW now I've got my new meds, we can go Pole Dancing, just tell me where and when! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete

❤️*Waves Paw* we love comments, thanks so much fur leaving one ❤️
FYI Comment Moderation is on due an influx of SPAM - so if mew don't see your comment straight away, DON'T PANIC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...