Tuesday 30 May 2023

**NEW EXPEDITION for 2023** on Smooch Around The Wurld ~ Today We're Smooching All Offur Japan with Spike as My Pawesome Travelling Companion

Welcome To

Smooch Around The Wurld Banner ©BionicBasil®

Woo Hoo Pawsome Pals

Smooch here, and how are mew doing today?

So dudes and dudettes we're going to be Smooching Around the Wurld, how much fun, so much fun!

And because The B Team doesn't use conventional means of travel, I'll be using the TTTB aka the Time Travelling Telephone Box to go on my little jolly's, so thank cod I won't have to use an airport as I don't think I'd get through security with all the extra covert hardware I travel with! MOL

Smooch Around The Wurld ©BionicBasil® Banner
Furst though I have to make a travel check sheet:

Travelling Cat - Smooch Around The Wurld ©BionicBasil® Tasmania

 I've already had all my travel vaccinations, as mew neffur know and I always think it's better to have the lot rather than risk getting some foreign lurgy which in turn ruins your jolly's! 

Smooch Around The Wurld ©BionicBasil® Banner

So where are we going today?

Today we're going to the mystical land of Japan, and my epic travelling buddy is Spike, who resides in the gorgeous realm of Scotland, U.K. 


I got Spike's travel card ready, as I'm a bit of a pro at making these documents now! MOL 

Then I jumped into the Time Travelling Telephone Box and landed in Spike's garden about 3 seconds later.

"Spike dude, are mew ready for the adventure of a lifetime?" I yelled.

Spike opened the door and peered out, he looked rather shocked as I stood leaning against the TTTB waving his travel card.

"Smooch, me old scallywag, I wasn't expecting to mew until after lunch, I was just in the middle of my mid-morning snooze!" Spike replied, rubbing his eyes."Mew know us older cats need our extra catnaps, otherwise we won't have enough energy for our main snooze!" 

I laughed, "Dude mew are only sixteen, mew're still young!" 

Spike grabbed his backpack and headed towards the TTTB. "Wow, this is some impressive piece of kit Smooch," he said stepping over the threshold. "And just look at the size of inside, it's fluffing huge!"

"Everypawdy says that!" I said grinning. "And it has lots of levels too, dude mew could get lost inside here forever, come on let's get going as I've got a totally furbulous trip planned just for mew!"

We walked to the main console, and I could see Spike was rather overwhelmed, the TTTB does that to most cats who've never been inside it before.

"But Smooch, I just can't catch my breath at the scope of it, it's incredible!" Spike beamed.

"Dude I was exactly the same when Basil first showed me inside too, I couldn't get my head around the physics of it, in fact, it gave me a bit of a headache, so I decided to accept that it's a tiny telephone box on the outside and a massive multi-level space on the inside," I said. "I don't need to understand the method of why, I only need to know that it is what it is!" I laughed and Spike laughed and then I pointed to the big red button on the console.

"Spike would mew do the honours and push that button!"

Spike paw-smacked the button and the TTTB vanished.

TTTB Launch Button  ©BionicBasil®

17.8412098237777r seconds later we landed here.

Spike & Smooch in Smooch Around The Wurld ~ Spike's Trip To Japan ©BionicBasil®

And this is what happened next...

Spike & Smooch in Smooch Around The Wurld ~ Japan Scrapbook ©BionicBasil®

Spike & Smooch in Smooch Around The Wurld ~ Japan Scrapbook ©BionicBasil®

Spike & Smooch in Smooch Around The Wurld ~ Japan Scrapbook ©BionicBasil®

Spike & Smooch in Smooch Around The Wurld ~ Japan Scrapbook ©BionicBasil®

Spike & Smooch in Smooch Around The Wurld ~ Japan Scrapbook ©BionicBasil®

Spike & Smooch in Smooch Around The Wurld ~ Japan Scrapbook ©BionicBasil®

Spike & Smooch in Smooch Around The Wurld ~ Japan Scrapbook ©BionicBasil®

Spike & Smooch in Smooch Around The Wurld ~ Japan Scrapbook ©BionicBasil®

Spike & Smooch in Smooch Around The Wurld ~ Japan Scrapbook ©BionicBasil®

Wow, what an adventure we had; from the minute we landed to the minute we left.

Guy's what a trip, the temples we visited and the gardens we saw, mew can't believe how meautiful it is.

There are islands full of cats, seriously me and Spike were blown away by it, who knew that such places existed?

It was really comical when I went and asked one of the island cats on Aoshima where a good place to eat was and the dude literally through a fish at us! Seriously mew couldn't write it, anyhoo me and Spike really enjoyed that meal with the locals, and thank cod for the TTTB's A.I. Astrid, she was a supurr translator for us, as neither Spike nor myself speak the lingo.

And don't let Spike tell mew that I toppled off the lighthouse at Yakushima, it's a total fabrication and it never happened, well I did slip a little but I didn't fall off completely! MOL

The cherry blossoms at MT. Yoshino were truly pawesome, thousands of them like a pink carpet covering the landscape, it was ameowzing, if mew ever get a chance to go and see it, do, mew won't be disappointed.

And jumpin' juniper berries, one of the monkeys at Iwatayama was moody, somepawdy had definitely stolen his lunch that day, so I gave him a banana out of my backpack and that cheered him right up. But then at hearing the word bananas, we were suddenly surrounded by monkeys, it was a little disconcerting because they did have really big teeth, and I only had one banana left.

But then I remembered in my fannypack, I'd brought Humphrey's replicator wand with me, and what's really nifty is it has a setting to choose how many replications mew want of something, so I set it to 100 and I told Spike to throw the banana into the air away from us and I zapped that yellow fruit mid-flight and it rained bananas! MOL The monkeys all ran off after them, as me and Spike ran off the other way and back down the mountain.

We then headed into Tokyo, and OH MY COD is that a busy city, busier than I could have ever imagined, but it was fun to explore the city and yes we did go to the Hello Kitty store, as what to trip to Japan wouldn't be complete without visiting HK herself!!! MOL

Guys, Spike and I had a totally terrific trip, and sadly that brings us to the end of our adventure, though before we go I must tell mew about the samurai swords we bought as souvenirs (yeah right!), they are obviously not genuine, total plastic replicas (not!) and no, we didn't have a play sword fight in the middle of  Tokyo, so please dismiss any social media footage mew may see of this event. IT WAS NOT US AND IT NEVER HAPPENED! MOL 


Thanks so much for joining me and Spike on our epic travel adventure, and I'll be back before mew know it sharing another far-flung destination so hope mew'll join me then.

Until next time

Get the travel brochures out 

and 

Don't Furget The Camera

Smooch 








Follow The B Team @BionicBasil®  on InstacatTwitter and Facebook

Graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com 

13 comments:

  1. I would love to take a trip in the time travelling telephone booth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it wuz a pawsome trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was an amazing trip! What a wonderful time you and Spike had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you bring home any Hello Kitty purses fur us girl kitties? I'd luv one, Smooch. And how about any of the kitties on Cat Island, did one come home in the Tele-Box? Lynn and I just luved this travel trip. I am so furry glad you made it home safely. Precious

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of us would visit Spike in Scotland!
    Nice job of having a wild and wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, quite a tour of Japan! How fabulous to go to the Cat Island!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to go too. How fun.

    Have a fabulous day and week. Scritches to all the kitties and a big hug to mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness what an adventure that was, Epic does seem to fit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You kitties covered a lot of Japan. XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was quite the adventure! We have visited Japan and loved it. We bet it would be even MORE fun if we were there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for joining us this week at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/05/on-retreat.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful time I'm just recovering I've never slept so much since I returned home. My friends you really have to see or be inside the telephone box time machine too believe how amazing it really is. We had a wonderful time in Japan. Thank you too Smooch for looking after me and taking me to all those wonderful places I will keep this memory for ever. Hugs and purrs.xšŸ˜»šŸˆ‍⬛šŸˆ‍⬛šŸ¾Spike

    ReplyDelete

❤️*Waves Paw* we love comments, thanks so much fur leaving one ❤️
FYI Comment Moderation is on due an influx of SPAM - so if mew don't see your comment straight away, DON'T PANIC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...