Monday 11 December 2023

CATS HAVE PROBLEMS TOO! with Dr Basil ~ Featuring Today's Despurrate Dilemma **HELP! THE CATMAS TREE HAS STOLEN MY SPOT!**

  Welcome to 

Dr Basil ©BionicBasil®

Happy Monday, furry floofers

Welcome to another episode of Cats Have Purroblems Too, where I give epically epic advice to cats with despurrate dilemmas too great for them to solve alone. 

 Take a seat, and read today's despurrate dilemma and my solution.

Also, mew may be pondering on what my professional credentials are, so purrlease purruse the list below:

Ph.D. in Kitty Psychology & Psychiatry
BSc (Hons) Headology  
Psy.D. Furry Logic
 MS. Fuzzy Logic
MA. Common Sense

My other Professional Credits include:

NOM Master
Snoozy Savant
Purr Master
AdvoCat of T.L. Treatment
Touchy Feely Therapy or T.F.T
Purrfume Aroma Treatment or P.A.T.

I can help mew to solve all your Pet Peeves, Purrsonal Problems and Despurrate Dilemmas, no matter how great or small they may be.

Plus, I 
only use the very latest techniques, some of which I have developed myself over my long and esteemed career, which include:

 Purr Therapy ~ For Uptight and Particularly Stressed Kitties 

Nom Zen ~The Art of Nomming in Total Tranquility 

ZZZ's Snooze Sensation ~ Including Mewsical CatNap Sessions tailored to your purrsonal requirements

YogiCat Meditation ~ Stretches and Breathing Techniques for the Severely Stressed & Overworked

Intense CatNip Therapy ~ This treatment speaks for itself (I find it very beneficial)

I am also an AdvoCat of Tough Love coupled with a healthy dose of common kitty sense

Purrfume Aroma Treatment ~ A Sensory Smelling Session S.S.S. to calm and soothe with highly aromatic blends of specially selected scents

To help mew release all your stresses and worries just drop by my clinic held here or, alternatively email me your purroblem, and I'll answer here. If mew require to remain anonymous or anon, purrlease include that in your email. 


Mew can contact me directly at the following address:

DearDrBasil (at) gmail (dot) com

So come and sit on my supurr comfy couch, reee-lax, breathe deeply and tell me of your troubles, as I'm ready, willing and able to help.

Cats Have Purroblems Too with Dr Basil @BionicBasil® Find A Comfy Spot on The Couch

This is one of my cases via Instagram:  

HELP! THE CATMAS TREE HAS STOLEN MY SPOT!

Dear Dr. Basil, I hope this letter finds mew well. My name is Pickles, and I am a furry ginger cat. I am writing to mew today because I am in a bit of a pickle, and I need your help. Mew see, it's that time of year again. The time when my humans bring out that dreaded Catmas tree. I don't know what it is about that thing, but I just can't stand it. It's big, it's shiny and worst of all, it takes up all the space in the sitting room. And to make matters worse, my bed has been unceremoniously moved from next to the patio doors to a cold corner to make room for it. I mean, come on! I've been sleeping in that spot for months, and now I have to move just because of some stupid tree? It's not fair, I tell mew! Anyway, I was hoping mew could give me some advice on how to deal with this unfortunate situation. I don't want to be grumpy all through the holidays, but I just can't seem to get over it. Thank you for your time, Dr. Basil. I look forward to hearing from mew soon. Sincerely yours, Pickles, a most hissed off ginger cat!

This is my Expert Reply
Today I use the colour green, as this is the colour of Catmas Trees, and hopefully will be the purrfect choice for this particular purroblem.

Dear Pickles,

I am sorry to hear that mew are having a tough time with the Catmas tree. I understand that it can be frustrating when something new and unfamiliar takes up space in your home, especially when it affects your daily routine and comfort. However, I want to assure mew that this is a temporary situation, and there are ways to make the best of it. It will be gone before mew know it, and your bed will be back in its rightful place. In the meantime, here are five things mew can do to make the best of the situation: 1. Embrace the cooler corner: I know it can be uncomfortable to sleep in a new spot, but try to make the most of it. Mew can explore the area, sniff around, and find new hiding spots. Mew might even discover a new favourite spot that mew didn't know existed before. The cold corner might also be a good place to observe your surroundings and keep an eye on your humans. 2. Make the most of the situation: Instead of seeing the Christmas tree as a nuisance, try to see it as a new toy or a new scratching post. You can rub your scent on it, or bat at the ornaments. Just make sure that you don't knock it over or hurt yourself in the process. But never, ever eat the tinsel! The Christmas tree might also be a good place to take some cute photos that your humans can share on social media.

3. Get cozy: If mew feel cold or uncomfortable in the cooler corner, get a warm blanket, a heated bed, or a cozy cushion. Mew deserve to be comfortable and warm, especially during the winter months. Mew can also snuggle with your humans or other furry friends to share body heat and feel more secure. 4. Take advantage of the extra space: Although the Catmas tree takes up a lot of space, it also creates new opportunities for mew to play and explore. Mew can run around the tree, jump over the presents, or chase your tail. Just make sure that mew don't get too carried away and knock things over. The Christmas tree might also be a good place to practice your hiding skills. 5. Remember the true meaning of Christmas: Although the Christmas tree might seem like a big deal, it is just a symbol of a bigger celebration. Christmas is a time for love, joy, and togetherness. Try to focus on spending time with your humans, cuddling with them, and enjoying their company. Mew can also ask them to give mew some extra treats or toys to make mew feel special. The Catmas season might also be a good time to donate to animal shelters or other charities that help animals in need. I hope these tips help mew, Pickles. Remember that mew are loved and valued and that this situation is only temporary. Before mew know it, the Catmas tree will be gone, and mew will have your bed back in the right spot, next to the patio doors with an uninterrupted view. In the meantime, try to make the best of it, and enjoy the holiday season.

Best of luck

Yours most sincerely
Dr. Basil
@ The Cats Have Purroblems Too Clinic T.M.
____________________________

Today's Moral Code is:

Most things are only temporary, so don't sweat the small stuff ~
 
_________________________________
If mew can relate to this purroblem or feel that mew are in need of any assistance, purrlease leave a comment to: Dear Dr Basil.... or email me directly and I'll get back to mew.

Thank mew all for joining me today at The Cats Have Purroblems Too Clinic, and I'll be back next Monday with another open clinic and a new case study.

Until then, Keep Calm and Purr

Dr. Basil

Ph.D. ~ BSc. (Hons) ~ Psy.D. ~ MS ~ MA







'The Paw Print Seal of Approval'

Copyright and All Rights Reserved @ Dr Basil ~ Cats Have Purroblems Too Clinic

(T.M. ~ Totally Meowvellous)

Follow Us @BionicBasil®  at Instacat

And don't furget to subscribe and never miss another clinic 

Graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com    

9 comments:

  1. Good advice! Pickles needs to find a nice cosy spot under the tree for napping. If he wants to climb up it take advice from Flynn. He always climbed up through the centre so it wouldn't topple over. Then he can suddenly pop his head out and startle his humans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully there is a warm thick tree skirt to lie on and ponder climbin' without tippin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Basil nailed it again. Great advice.

    Have a fabulous day and week. Scritches to the kitties and a hug to mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turn a negative into a positive; good advice, Dr. Basil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That happened to our Simon too and that's excellent advice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dr. Basil, that is enormously helpful advice! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dr Basil has my full admiration for his spot-on advice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent advice. Some cats love to sleep under the tree.

    ReplyDelete

❤️*Waves Paw* we love comments, thanks so much fur leaving one ❤️
FYI Comment Moderation is on due an influx of SPAM - so if mew don't see your comment straight away, DON'T PANIC!