Friday 22 December 2023

**FELINE FICTION FIX** Book Reviews with Amber at The Mewton-Clawson Library #262 featuring **The Twelve Cats of Christmas** by Kandy Radzinski **PLUS** Friendly Fill-Ins

Amber's Book Reviews ©BionicBasil® December 2023

Hello Supurr Library furiends

and

Welcome to the Mewton-Clawson Library at BBHQ

Many thanks for joining me in the stacks again, and oh my cod, did mew read our boiler broke down on the Midweek News?  Luckily we got it fixed late on Tuesday, but the house was really cold and I ended up snuggling against the P.A.'s slippers to keep warm!

Amber's Book Reviews #261 ©BionicBasil® Amber's Snuggling On The P.A.'s Slippers

This is the P.A., just to let you guys know that it wasn't that cold, and Amber is being a little dramatic, she had her bed in front of the woodburner and was as warm as toast, so please don't listen to the tall tails! LOL

Don't mew believe a word of what the P.A. says, it was pawsitively BALTIC! So much so that I nearly called Cat Line to report such heinous travesties!

It's a good thing I am so thoughtful and kind, that I didn't make the call, well only because my bed was moved closer to the woodburner! 

Anyhoo, let's have a look at this week's top book pick.

Part of The Mewton-Clawson Library ©BionicBasil®
Amber's Book Review Library Mice Divider ©BionicBasil®
Today the P.A. is also joining in Friday Fill-ins Blog Hop with the pawesome 15 & Meowing and Four-Legged Furballs.
1. I’ll be ______________ for Christmas.
2. I am eager to see ____________open his/her gift.
3. ‘Twas the night before Christmas and I _________.
4. I _________ the day after Christmas.

The P.A.'s answers are...

1. I’ll be at home for Christmas. I'm cooking lunch and really looking forward to it.

2. I am eager to see ____________open his/her gift. Ahhhh, we don't really do gift-giving, so I can't answer that question. 

3. ‘Twas the night before Christmas and I ate lots of things I shouldn't!  LOL

4. I ate lots of things I shouldn't the day after Christmas. You see I got my crystal ball out and saw it all unfold! LOL

Holly Divider ©BionicBasil® December 2023

Amber's Book Review Divider ©BionicBasil®

This week's top book pick is...

Amber's Book Reviews #262 ©BionicBasil® The Twelve Cats of Christmas by Kandy Radzinski
Mewton-Clawson Library Copy

The Twelve Cats of Christmas 

by 

Kandy Radzinski

 Here's a little snippet of the book blurb:   

On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me four Siamese, three climbing cats, two cats asleep, and a white cat with a red bow. This irresistible collection of festive felines features cats intently gazing out windows, mischievously playing with rolls of ribbon, contentedly lapping up milk, and relaxing in a variety of other friendly, familiar poses. 

Amber's Book Review Mice Divider ©BionicBasil®

>^.^<

Guys, I did have another book planned for mew today, but sadly I didn't realize it didn't have a cat in it until it was too late! I looked at the cover and saw what I thought was a cat, but it turned out to be a squirrel! MOL  (Glasses are needed!)

So I'm sharing one of my all-time favourite Catmas books with mew instead.

Amber's Book Reviews #262 ©BionicBasil® The Twelve Cats of Christmas by Kandy Radzinski

"Ooooooooh look, my new book!" 

Amber's Book Reviews #262 ©BionicBasil® The Twelve Cats of Christmas by Kandy Radzinski

Amber's Book Reviews #262 ©BionicBasil® The Twelve Cats of Christmas by Kandy Radzinski

Amber's Book Reviews #262 ©BionicBasil® The Twelve Cats of Christmas by Kandy Radzinski

What did I think of The Twelve Cats of Christmas? I loved it, it's as simple as that!

I thought the illustrations were epic, the updated cat-themed verses were purrfect and all in all a thoroughly enjoyable little book.

This is such a fun book, and I'm so happy that I have a copy in the library. 

It's purrfect for all ages and it would make the most fabulous pressie for anypawdy who loves cats.

*    *    *
  • Hardcover: 26 pages
  • Publisher: Chronicle Books; First Printing edition (24 Sept. 1992)
Amber's Book Review Library Mice Divider ©BionicBasil®
My Ratings Scale

Amber's Book Reviews Paw Rating Scale ©BionicBasil® Red

Holly Divider ©BionicBasil® December 2023

Ratings of:

The Twelve Cats of Christmas


Overall Enjoyment

Amber's Book Reviews 5 Paw Rating ©BionicBasil® Red


Amber's Book Review Divider ©BionicBasil®

     Other Fun Blog Hops to Join Today


Holly Divider ©BionicBasil® December 2023

I'm taking next Friday off, but I'll be back with a brand new title to share in the New Year.

Don't forget, if mew are looking for great books with cats, check out the Book Review page, just click the link here or at the top of the page, as that's the place to visit to get your feline fiction fix.

Happy Chrispmouse and a Wonderpurr New Year to mew all!

And don't forget to...

Keep calm and read more books

Amber 









Holly Divider ©BionicBasil® December 2023

Follow me at @BionicBasil® on Instacat

Don't furget to subscribe and never miss another review! 

Holly Divider ©BionicBasil® December 2023
 graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com 

7 comments:

  1. Amber, we are glad that you stayed toasty, and it's always a good reason to curl up with a book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all good books and wonderful photos sweet Amber. Keep plenty warm sweet girl. Those were fun answers too, let's eat. Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad the boiler was fixed and you didn't really freeze, Amber. The book and illustrations look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 12 cats of Christmas is purrfect read on a cold night with lap time fur all involved. So glad the boiler is fixed and hopefully you are not too broiled in front of the fire stove, Amber. Merry Christmas to all there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amber glad you stayed warm and everything is fixed now! That sounds like a wonderful book indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amber, I am sorry you had to suffer with the cold. Great choice on the book review. I love that book and I put it on display every year. Thank you to the PA for participating in the fill-ins, great answers. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas filled with yummy treats. XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amber, I'm sure you felt cold, but were in no danger of truly freezing. The cold does that to me, too.

    You so know if you don't have it in the house to eat it, it doesn't get eaten, right?

    The book looks like it should be a classic in every library.

    Thank you for joining Feline Friday, I'm sorry my post didn't, well, post. My computer was not playing nicely on Thursday and everything got thrown off.

    ReplyDelete

❤️*Waves Paw* we love comments, thanks so much fur leaving one ❤️
FYI Comment Moderation is on due an influx of SPAM - so if mew don't see your comment straight away, DON'T PANIC!