Monday 19 February 2024

CATS HAVE PROBLEMS TOO! with Dr Basil ~ Featuring Today's Despurrate Dilemma **HELP! I CAN'T STAND MY HUMANS!**

   Welcome to 

Dr Basil ©BionicBasil®

Happy Monday, furry floofers

Welcome to another episode of Cats Have Purroblems Too, where I give epically epic advice to cats with despurrate dilemmas too great for them to solve alone. 

 Take a seat, and read today's despurrate dilemma and my solution.

Also, mew may be pondering on what my professional credentials are, so purrlease purruse the list below:

Ph.D. in Kitty Psychology & Psychiatry
BSc (Hons) Headology  
Psy.D. Furry Logic
 MS. Fuzzy Logic
MA. Common Sense

My other Professional Credits include:

NOM Master
Snoozy Savant
Purr Master
AdvoCat of T.L. Treatment
Touchy Feely Therapy or T.F.T
Purrfume Aroma Treatment or P.A.T.

I can help mew to solve all your Pet Peeves, Purrsonal Problems and Despurrate Dilemmas, no matter how great or small they may be.

Plus, I 
only use the very latest techniques, some of which I have developed myself over my long and esteemed career, which include:

 Purr Therapy ~ For Uptight and Particularly Stressed Kitties 

Nom Zen ~The Art of Nomming in Total Tranquility 

ZZZ's Snooze Sensation ~ Including Mewsical CatNap Sessions tailored to your purrsonal requirements

YogiCat Meditation ~ Stretches and Breathing Techniques for the Severely Stressed & Overworked

Intense CatNip Therapy ~ This treatment speaks for itself (I find it very beneficial)

I am also an AdvoCat of Tough Love coupled with a healthy dose of common kitty sense

Purrfume Aroma Treatment ~ A Sensory Smelling Session S.S.S. to calm and soothe with highly aromatic blends of specially selected scents

To help mew release all your stresses and worries just drop by my clinic held here or, alternatively email me your purroblem, and I'll answer here. If mew require to remain anonymous or anon, purrlease include that in your email. 


Mew can contact me directly at the following address:

DearDrBasil (at) gmail (dot) com

So come and sit on my supurr comfy couch, reee-lax, breathe deeply and tell me of your troubles, as I'm ready, willing and able to help.

Cats Have Purroblems Too with Dr Basil @BionicBasil® Find A Comfy Spot on The Couch

This is one of my cases via email:  

HELP! HELP! I CAN'T STAND MY HUMANS!!!

Dear Dr. Basil, I hope this letter finds mew in good health and spirits. I have a bit of a problem that I hope mew can help me with. Mew see, I'm a black house panther named Squeaky, and I just can't stand my human pawrents. They're always so busy and never have time to play with me or give me the attention I deserve. They just tip a bit of rank kibble in my bowl, mutter undpeakables about cat fur on the furniture and constantly tell me to get off everything, then ignore me the rest of the time. They are really unpleasant.

But then there are my neighbours - they're the best! They play with me, brush me, cuddle me and even have the comfiest beds for me to nap on. And they buy me premium kibble and tasty treats, plus their cat Kludo, is really great and we get on like a catnip pawty on fire. We're BFF's! I really want to move in with them purrmanently, but my humans are really angry about it. They say I'm being ungrateful, but I just can't help it - the neighbours are so much nicer! What should I do, Dr. Basil? I hope mew can help me come up with a plan. And if mew ever need a place to stay (or just some good company), mew're always welcome to come over to the neighbour's house. We'll have a grand ol' time! Sincerely, Squeaky the Black House Panther

This is my Expert Reply
Today I use the colour blue, as this is renowned for being the colour of calm, rational thinking and hopefully will be the purrfect choice for this particular purroblem.

Hey there Squeaky, I hope this letter finds mew well, and that mew're still having a great time at the neighbour's house. It's no surprise to me that mew prefer their company over your own humans - they sound like great people! However, I can understand that your humans may not be too happy about your decision to stay with the neighbours. But don't worry, my furry friend, because I have a plan that might just help. Firstly, mew should start to show your humans just how special mew are. Let them know that mew're the boss, and that they should be grateful to have such a fantastic feline in their home. Ask for the best food, the comfiest bed, and the most fun toys. If they still don't treat mew like the epically epic dude mew are, then it might be time for us to put our escape plan into action. I suggest mew gather some supplies, like catnip, a toy mouse, and some other purrsonal things that mew like. Then, at the first opportunity, make a run for it to the neighbour's house. Mew'll be in great hands there, and mew even have a new best furiend to keep mew company too!

Of course, I don't want mew to break any rules or upset your humans. But sometimes, mew just gotta do what mew gotta do to be happy. And if that means finding a better home with nicer people that love mew, then that's okay. And let your pawrents and the neighbours sort it out while mew have a nice nap on a comfy bed. I'm here for mew if you need any more advice, Squeaky. Good luck with your escape plan, and I hope to hear from you soon!

Yours most sincerely
Dr. Basil
@ The Cats Have Purroblems Too Clinic T.M.
____________________________

Today's Moral Code is:

~ There's no excuse for poor pawrenting, and if mew can find a better home, go for it! ~
 
_________________________________
If mew can relate to this purroblem or feel that mew are in need of any assistance, purrlease leave a comment to: Dear Dr Basil.... or email me directly and I'll get back to mew.

Thank mew all for joining me today at The Cats Have Purroblems Too Clinic, and I'll be back next Monday with another open clinic and a new case study.

Until then, Keep Calm and Purr

Dr. Basil

Ph.D. ~ BSc. (Hons) ~ Psy.D. ~ MS ~ MA







'The Paw Print Seal of Approval'

Copyright and All Rights Reserved @ Dr Basil ~ Cats Have Purroblems Too Clinic

(T.M. ~ Totally Meowvellous)

Follow Us @BionicBasil®  at Instacat

And don't furget to subscribe and never miss another clinic 

Graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com 

10 comments:

  1. Poor Squeaky! It sounds like he would be much better off with the neighbours. His family don't deserve him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We totally agree and we have exactly the same happening here only thing is I'm not keen on sharing my senior years with some young šŸˆ from next door.xxšŸ™€šŸ˜ø

      Delete
  2. Years ago I had a neighbors "barn" cat adopt us as the owners put out leftover dog food for the kitten and had expectations for the kitten to keep the mice out of the horse barn. When we moved away 15 years ago we simply kit-napped her and from then on she was an indoor kitty as she aged. All animals deserve proper care and attention, ALL animals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, that's a terrible problem to have. All the best to you Squeaky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Squeaky. That's really heartbreaking, and we wish his parents would wake up and realize that the reason Squeaky likes the neighbors better is because they LOVE him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry you're not happy in your home. We should have precious kitties if we aren't prepared to make them happy. Dr. Basil has given you excellent advice.

    I linked this post to Awww Mondays.

    Have a purrfect day and week. Scritches all around and a big hug to mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is quite the dilemma. We wonder whether pro-active moves such as throwing up all over the furniture on a regular basis and peeing where one shouldn't might help? We know it's not very nice but those people don't sound very nice either.

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear, Squeaky, I do hope there is a way you can slip on over to the neighbors and stay there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like Ms. GA and Sunshine. Sunshine is one of the outdoor semi-feral cats. He technically belongs to the neighbor in the house behind hers, but stays mostly with her and they share. The neighbors weren't getting him to the vet anyway, and she does, and luckily, they don't much care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Squeaky, you can do it if you stay INSIDE!!! I hope its works!!

    ReplyDelete

❤️*Waves Paw* we love comments, thanks so much fur leaving one ❤️
FYI Comment Moderation is on due an influx of SPAM - so if mew don't see your comment straight away, DON'T PANIC!