Monday 10 June 2024

CATS HAVE PROBLEMS TOO! with Dr Basil ~ Featuring Today's Despurrate Dilemma **HELP! I HATE MY HUMANS NEW BOYFRIEND!!!**

 Welcome to 

Dr Basil ©BionicBasil®

Happy Monday, furry floofers

Welcome to another episode of Cats Have Purroblems Too, where I give epically epic advice to cats with despurrate dilemmas too great for them to solve alone. 

 Take a seat, and read today's despurrate dilemma and my solution.

Also, mew may be pondering on what my professional credentials are, so purrlease purruse the list below:

Ph.D. in Kitty Psychology & Psychiatry
BSc (Hons) Headology  
Psy.D. Furry Logic
 MS. Fuzzy Logic
MA. Common Sense

My other Professional Credits include:

NOM Master
Snoozy Savant
Purr Master
AdvoCat of T.L. Treatment
Touchy Feely Therapy or T.F.T
Purrfume Aroma Treatment or P.A.T.

I can help mew to solve all your Pet Peeves, Purrsonal Problems and Despurrate Dilemmas, no matter how great or small they may be.

Plus, I 
only use the very latest techniques, some of which I have developed myself over my long and esteemed career, which include:

 Purr Therapy ~ For Uptight and Particularly Stressed Kitties 

Nom Zen ~The Art of Nomming in Total Tranquility 

ZZZ's Snooze Sensation ~ Including Mewsical CatNap Sessions tailored to your purrsonal requirements

YogiCat Meditation ~ Stretches and Breathing Techniques for the Severely Stressed & Overworked

Intense CatNip Therapy ~ This treatment speaks for itself (I find it very beneficial)

I am also an AdvoCat of Tough Love coupled with a healthy dose of common kitty sense

Purrfume Aroma Treatment ~ A Sensory Smelling Session S.S.S. to calm and soothe with highly aromatic blends of specially selected scents

To help mew release all your stresses and worries just drop by my clinic held here or, alternatively email me your purroblem, and I'll answer here. If mew require to remain anonymous or anon, purrlease include that in your email. 


Mew can contact me directly at the following address:

DearDrBasil (at) gmail (dot) com

So come and sit on my supurr comfy couch, reee-lax, breathe deeply and tell me of your troubles, as I'm ready, willing and able to help.

Cats Have Purroblems Too with Dr Basil @BionicBasil® Find A Comfy Spot on The Couch

This is one of my cases via email:  

HELP! I HATE MY HUMANS NEW BOYFRIEND!!!

Dear Dr. Basil, I hope this letter finds mew well. I have a bit of a purroblem that I'm hoping mew can help me with. Mew see, my human recently started dating a new boyfriend, and I can't stand him. Every time he stays over, I can't help but pee on his clothes. My human is not happy with me, and I really don't want to cause any trouble. Can mew please help me figure out how to overcome my intense dislike of this new boyfriend? Sincerely, Pansy, the Tabby

This is my Expert Reply
Today, I use the colour PINK, which is the colour of love and hopefully will be the purrfect choice for this particular purroblem.

Dear Pansy, I understand that adjusting to changes in your human's life can be difficult, especially when it involves a new purrson who mew're not used to. Here's a 9-point plan to help mew overcome your intense dislike of the new boyfriend: 1. **Positive Association:** Try to associate the new boyfriend with positive experiences. Encourage your human to spend time with both of mew together, engaging in activities that mew enjoy. 2. **Comfort Zone:** Create a safe space for yourself where mew can retreat when mew feel uncomfortable. This will help reduce your stress levels and give mew a sense of security. 3. **Reward System:** When mew interacts calmly with the new boyfriend, ensure your human rewards mew with treats and affection. Positive reinforcement can help change your perception. 4. **Slow Introduction:** Ask your human to introduce the new boyfriend gradually. Let him approach mew calmly and offer treats or toys to build trust. 5. **Scent Transfer:** Exchange scents between the boyfriend and yourself by rubbing a towel or cloth on him and placing it in your favourite spots. This helps mew get used to his scent without feeling threatened. 6. **Playtime:** Engage in interactive play sessions with the boyfriend. Play is a great way to bond and build positive associations. 7. **Consistent Routine:** Maintain a consistent daily routine to reduce stress and anxiety. Predictability can provide a sense of security for both mew and the new boyfriend.

8. **Patience and Understanding:** Remember, change takes time. Be patient with yourself and the new boyfriend. Understanding each other's needs and boundaries is essential for building a harmonious relationship.

9. **Worst Case Scenario:** If you're still having trouble adjusting, consider contacting me again, and we'll devise a plan to run the new boyfriend off into the sunset to restore your zen harmonies! MOL

I hope these tips help mew navigate this challenging situation. Remember that mew deserve to feel comfortable and secure in your home. With patience and perseverance, mew can overcome your dislike and build a positive relationship with the new boyfriend. Or we can initiate Step 9, the Worst Case Scenario plan.

Yours most sincerely
Dr. Basil
@ The Cats Have Purroblems Too Clinic T.M.
____________________________

Today's Top Tip is:

~ New purrsons in one's purrsonal space can cause much anxiety, it's always best to take things slowly to build a pawsitive connection ~
 
_________________________________
If mew can relate to this purroblem or feel that mew are in need of any assistance, purrlease leave a comment to: Dear Dr Basil.... or email me directly and I'll get back to mew.

Thank you all for joining me today at The Cats Have Purroblems Too Clinic. I'll be back in a couple of weeks with another open clinic and a new case study.

Also, many apologies for going on the missing list last week, all will be explained on The Midweek News, and we know mew won't want to miss that!

Until then, Keep Calm and Purr

Dr Basil

Ph.D. ~ BSc. (Hons) ~ Psy.D. ~ MS ~ MA







'The Paw Print Seal of Approval'

Copyright and All Rights Reserved @ Dr Basil ~ Cats Have Purroblems Too Clinic

(T.M. ~ Totally Meowvellous)

Follow Us @BionicBasil®  at Instacat

And don't furget to subscribe and never miss another clinic 

Graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com  

7 comments:

  1. Awww, poor Pansy. That's good advise but the boyfriend has got to go! Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am heartened to see you providing sich good advice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back. I missed you. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very good advice, but maybe you can see what your mum can't see, and the boyfriend is not suitable. Does he even like cats?

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you don't like him then he needs to go and mom should know that. I don't think this is the right boyfriend.

    Have a fabulous day and week. Scrithches to all the kitties and a big hug to mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you again, Dr. Basil! You never cease to amaze me with the excellence of your advice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One thing I've noticed is, if I'm in the presence of a cat I've never met and I try to meet it, it tends to shy away as if it does not know my motives. If I ignore it, it will often come to me. Maybe the boyfriend is trying too hard.

    ReplyDelete

❤️*Waves Paw* we love comments, thanks so much fur leaving one ❤️
FYI Comment Moderation is on due an influx of SPAM - so if mew don't see your comment straight away, DON'T PANIC!