Supurr Caturday Greetings Pawesome Pals
So today my crafty-pawed comrades we're going to make a wizards hat, yep mew heard me right, a wizards hat, because we all need a little magic in our lives.
Let me just tell mew a little of how this came about. A few weeks an older tuxedo kitty called Merlin was listed on the Burton Joyce Cats Rescue page, now his case was a little bit different as he was still living with his daddy... howeffur his daddy was having to move and unfortunately couldn't take Merlin with him. But as luck would have it one of the P.A.'s friends saw him on the website and she drove miles and miles and miles to get him and give him a new furever home, how truly pawesome is that? Epically so!
Anyhoo, so as Merlin was settling into his new home we thought it'd be a really nice idea to send him a little surprise gift, so we made him his furry own twinkly magical wizarding hat.
3. fold again and then cut in a slight curve.
repeat steps 1 - 3 with remainder of felt square
4. mew should end up with 2 pieces that look like this
5. put both pieces together and sew along the straight edge
6. this is what it should look like
7. open it up flat, and then roll into a hat shape and test sizing on nearest available cat - I, Basil was the model fur this, sadly the P.A. couldn't take a picture at this point because she doesn't have that many arms. Trim off any excess to make your hat the purrfect fit fur your kitty.
8. Sew up the straight edge to end up with this.
9. get your next piece of felt and draw around the cone to make sure the brim will be a purrfect fit
10. next measure the width of the brim and cut, so you have a donut shape
11. sew the two pieces together
12. cut out half moons with contrasting felt and glue to hat. Glue on star sequins and mew're done. Mew have your furry own magical wizarding hat.
Now mew could use endless decorations, like curly pipe cleaners with little plastic spiders on etc... but just remember, only wear under purrental supurrvision fur safety reasons, OK?
* * *
We hope mew have no purroblems understanding the step by step destructions, howeffur if mew do, purrlease leave us a comment and we'll help anyway we can.
* * *
A short while later.... Et voila, meet Merlin the Wizard modelling his rather cute hat!
Doesn't he look tres magnifique?
So now Merlin is living with his new mum, Alice, we just love a happy ending and appurrently his magical abilities have increased exponentially since taking delivery of the hat - sorry Aunty Alice - OOPS!!! MOL
And that furriends brings us to the end of our furry furst crafting with cats post, we do hope mew liked it and if mew decide to make one, we'd love to see it.