Wednesday 22 February 2017

Wordy on Wednesday with Biblio-Kitty Amber #30 featuring Witch Is When It All Began ~ A Witch P.I. Mystery Book 1

Welcome To


With Amber ~ The Self-Appointed Biblio-Kitty


Many happy greetings fellow biblio-cats

*waves paw*

Oh boy am I happy, I bought 3 x box sets of books already and another one which I'm sharing today.

Mew have no idea how ecstatic I am to have unlimited credits at Audible, this means I can indulge as much as I like...  hang on a sec.... wait there... I can hear someone shouting...

"What did mew just say P.A.?"

"Mew can have as many as mew like within reasonable limits!" The P.A. answered.

"What devilry is this?" I spluttered.

"No more than 75 books," The P.A. replied.

"What... mew're capping my limit?" I almost choked the wurds out.


"You had 56 last year alone," The P.A. explained. "That's fair, besides the spring and summer are coming and mew know Basil will be having an epically epic adventure again and 75 books a year equates to 1.4423 new books per week, I'm sure that's enough!"

"Hmmmmmm," I muttered. "This is true, our adventures do eat into my reading time, especially in the summertime too..." I paused and thought about it some more. "Ok, but if I do need more, like fur instance my fav authors release new books and then I find other books I'd like, would it be possible to have a 25 book contingency plan?"

The P.A. looked at me, eyes narrowed assessing my effury move as I casually moved next to the log basket so she couldn't see my grin, "OK you can have an extra 25 emergency credits, but no more, that is your limit!" 

"YES!!!!" I hollered as the P.A. shook her head and left the room.  "That equates to 1.9231 books a week, which means I get 0.4808 more books a week now... woo hoo!"

Don't mew love it when a plan comes together! MOL

And now I think we'll get to this week's fab new novel that I bought the other day with one of my shiny new credits.



This week on book reviews with Amber, I'm sharing

Witch Is When It All Began 

A Witch P.I. Mystery Book 1


by

Adele Abbott


Here's a little snippet of the book blurb:

When the going gets tough...

Private investigator, Jill Gooder, has been hired to find a serial killer because, as usual, the police can't buy a clue. Jill, the not so proud owner of a crazy, one-eyed cat, probably can't expect too much help from her PA/Secretary, Mrs V, who spends all day knitting. 

*    *    *

I know this probably seems a lot similar to last weeks book, with its witchy vibe but believe me when I say this one is by far a more enjoyable/superior beast altogether.

Winky the cat talks fur a start, and though in this book his role isn't as large, I have it on excellent authority that as the series continues it does - so that's a five paw rating already!!! 

There are some furry funny moments, it is very English and if mew don't know what a custard cream is - it is a delicious biscuit made fur dunking appurrently, I just asked the P.A. she knows all about them... appurrently - nuff said!

What I can say about this book without spoilerizing anything fur mew, is that it's my favourite book of this year thus far, and I'm about to start binge-listening to the next four in the series.  There are in total 18 books, so that is definitely a huge plus fur me, I just have to wait fur them to be released on audible.

I think mew'll like this so much more than last weeks book, do it, it's great and I'm sure mew'll love it.


Paperback copy:  208 pages

Audio Edition: 5 hours 53 mins


The Amber Biblio Rating System Fur Offurall Enjoyment:


Ratings of:

Witch Is When It All Began 


Plot

Characters

Story

Narration

Offurall Enjoyment

I hope mew enjoy this book if mew do take the plunge and get it... and if mew've read it already, tell me what did mew think?

Sadly it's time fur me to say BFN or bye-fur-now as mew know the drill, so many books, so little time and don't furget to stop by tomorrow fur Basil's Brain Training - all being well of course!

Happy reading or listening

Bestest biblio purrs

Amber xox





Graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com and www.pizap.com

29 comments:

  1. Queen Amber! *bows* so happy you enjoyed the book! :D You'll love the others in the series, I just hope they get released quickly for you on audible !

    Keep looking gorgeous as always, and never let the PA block your amount of credits! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aunty J, I'm on book four now and I love it! I got her to sign a contract, so 100 credits are mine :) XOX

      Delete
  2. amber...catz & custard creem soundz grate ta uz N sew doez thiz book;
    thanx for sharin we will chex it out for sure ~~~~~~ tell that brother
    oh yurz we hope himz doin soooooper grate ☺☺☺♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tabbies & Miss Dai$y, mew'll love this book and I'll pass on your message to Basil! XOX

      Delete
  3. I am so captivated by the book cover for this and am so pleased it reviews well. I shall be hot pawing it to the Audiable shop to get a copy or four and a pack of Custard Creams!
    Purrs, Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meowllo gawjus. We're glad ya' got your credits and glad you enjoyed da book. Big hugs fur all.

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a winner! I'm glad your PA saw the light on the extra 25 credits ... those pictures of you show that you mean business!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Momma Kat & Bear, oh me too, as who know what may have happened if I didn't get them! MOL XOX

      Delete
  6. That is pawsome! My daughter loves listening to audio books while she walks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa, the P.A. does the same, she says audio books are the bestest! MOL XOX

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on getting your extra 25 Audible credits, Amber! That was quite the negotiation. I love the cover of this book. I've always been a fan of those colors. :) It sounds like it is a fun story too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Manna & Dexter, I did my best to get the extra credits, though I would of liked more! MOL XOX

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a super book!
    Have a great Wednesday...

    Noodle and crew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Noodle & Crew, it is a really fab book, mew should give it whirl! XOX

      Delete
  9. I am glad you negotiated some emergency credits, but you should have no limit. Cats should be allowed whatever they want :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey 15 & Meowing gang, oh mew are so right, we should get whateffur we want! MOL XOX

      Delete
  10. Way to negotiate the extra 25 credits, Amber! That book sounds awesome ... we're adding it to our reading list. :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No more than seventy-five books? NO FAIR.

    MOUSES!

    Purrs,
    Seville

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks fur a great review Amber! We will ask Dad to read it to us when we get done our current book
    Basil I want to let you know we have the Cat Hat! Hope to get photos this weekend and will let you know when we are posting
    Purrs
    Timmy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Timmy, I know mew will love it and great news the Bobble Hat arrived, can't wait to see the pictures! XOX

      Delete
  13. We think you have your PA wrapped around your paws, Amber, MOL!!! Have fun with all those credits...OMC!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pipo & Minko, I'm so going to enjoy all those shiny new credits! XOX

      Delete
  14. That sounds like a fun book! We'll have to add it to our Kindle wish list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles, oh I'm sure mew'll really enjoy this series! XOX

      Delete
  15. Well, I think that 75 books is a lot! And this one sounds great!

    ReplyDelete

❤️*Waves Paw* we love comments, thanks so much fur leaving one ❤️
FYI Comment Moderation is on due an influx of SPAM - so if mew don't see your comment straight away, DON'T PANIC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...