Friday 19 October 2018

Feline Fiction on Fridays at Amber's Library featuring ~ **Petula, Circus Cat ** by Marylouise Sholly Review #76

Welcome To


With Amber ~ The Best Library Kitty in the entire Mewton~Clawson Parish


Supurr salutations pawesome furriends

*waves paw*

Hello gorgeous library guests and welcome to my private library.

Oh my gosh I am laughing and laughing and laughing today!  And I bet mew want to know why?  Did mew see yesterdays post, Supurr Smooch versus Supurr Fudge? Cape Wars is upon us! MOL


At the moment - Thursday 1pm - Smooch is in the lead by 2 votes and Fudge is not a happy camper as he so wants the cape. Several of mew suggested that the P.A. make another cape, and yes, this will be happening only apparently she's now going to make one fur each of us, but in the meantime, Smooch and Fudge have until the voting closes on Caturday to see who wins the cape. Who did mew vote fur?

#TeamSmooch or #TeamFudge

In all honesty, while I love Smooch in the cape, I think that it suits Fudge tremendously, especially with his mask on too!

So if mew haven't already, purrlease go cast your vote at the Polling Booth and hopefully Fudge's dreams will come true. The Cape Winner will be announced on Sunday's selfies post.

And before I furget, I'm supurr excited about my birthday next Wednesday, as Pandora and I are having a joint pawty...



We've got a Halloween Extravaganza planned, so get your spookiest costume on and join us fur a fabulous fright-fest and give-away... Muwahahahahahahaha!!!

It's going to be epically epic, so mew won't want to miss it.

And now I think it's time to share this weeks book.

This week I'm sharing




**Furstly I have to let mew all know that I was given a free copy of this book in exchange fur a fair review**


Here's the book blurb:

"Bright lights, big city" may sound exciting, but sometimes the quiet life is better, especially if you are a shy little cat.

Petula, a black and white cat, is happy at home, but her pet-parents, Mr. and Mrs. Bumble, may have other plans.

Petula can do a trick and the Bumbles want to take her on a world tour, so Petula can make lots of money for them.

Mrs. Bumble wonders if making Petula a star is what Petula wants.

This Story also touches on the transforming power of love. 

Mrs. Bumble's affection brings Petula out of her shell, while Mr. Bumble gives up his dreams of fame and fortune for Petula's happiness.

*    *    *
Today I'm sharing another uber-cute book fur younger readers. The story is lovely, and tells of a stray cat who appears one day at Mr and Mrs Bumbles house; though Mr Bumble isn't too impressed until he sees that Petula can walk on her hind-paws, but I'm telling mew the plot!

So what did I think of Petula's story?  I thought it was a well designed and thought out read with a subtle message fur younger readers; that fame and fortune aren't necessarily impawtant, what is impawtant; is home, family and happiness.

Would I recommend Petula, Circus Cat to mew?  Of course, I would because it's a really cute story and the accompanying illustrations are just adorable. 

If mew're looking fur a little book with a pawsitive message, this is definitely fur mew and would make a purrfect gift fur younger children. 

I'd like to say furry many thanks to Austin Macauley for sending me a copy of Petula, Circus Cat, thanks so much guys, it is a wunderpurr book! 

*    *    *

  • Paperback: 35 pages
  • Publisher: Austin Macauley Publishers (30 Aug. 2018)


The Amber Biblio Rating System Fur Offurall Enjoyment:


Ratings of:

Petula, Circus Cat 


Offurall Enjoyment


I do hope mew enjoy this book if mew decide to give it a try... 

...and if mew've read it already, what did mew think?

*    *    *

Sadly it's time fur me to say BFN or bye-fur-now as mew know the drill, so many books, so little time and I'll be back next week with another specially paw-picked book just fur mew. And don't furget that all my previous reviews can be found on my Book Review page, plus if mew'd like an exclusive Library Card fur speshal access to my library, just email me at:

deardrbasil @ gmail . com

Happy reading or listening until next time

Soft purrs

Amber xox








Follow Us @BionicBasil on InstacatTwitter and Facebook


 graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com and www.pizap.com

20 comments:

  1. Kittens!!! That's a lot of mews Amber. We can't wait fur your pawrty. Me sure hopes ya'll come to me's Carnival themed pawrty November 15th. We can never choose fur the cape, we luv you all, but we'll go check it out. Big hugs

    Luv ya


    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Dezi and Raena, oh how fun mew're coming to my pawty - wooo hooooo! And definitely we'll be at yours too in November! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  2. We love the way this story is directed to enhance family values. Paws up for fun sensible and valuable young readers books!
    ERin

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a great little book and fun Halloween pawty coming up too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brian, it is a fab little book and tell me, what's your Halloween costume fur this year! MOL Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  4. That sounds like a sweet book.
    I am sorry that I will miss your birthday so will wish you happy birthday now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi guys, oh no, mew're not going to be here fur the pawty of the month :( don't wurry we'll save mew some cake :) Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Anytime guys, and we love that mew donated a copy of Prancie's Prayer to your local library, absolutely fantastic! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  6. Hey Amber, I dpn't have a costume this year, but I should be a Dentist OUCH! Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Brian, oh my yes mew definitely need a dentist costume! MOL Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  7. That looks like a great book! We look forward to your birthday party. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey guys, it is a lovely little book, and I'm so happy mew're coming to my pawty! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  8. Smooch is the sentimental choice ... but Fudge really takes the cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya MK, BC & EM, I totally agree with mew 100%, and Fudge will be getting his own cape stat! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  9. Another great book to add to the list for the grands...how is a cat supposed to choose? Keep them coming and I will have more choices
    Purrs
    Marv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marv, and don't wurry I've got oodles more books to share offur the coming months! MOL Purrs Amber xox

      Delete

❤️*Waves Paw* we love comments, thanks so much fur leaving one ❤️
FYI Comment Moderation is on due an influx of SPAM - so if mew don't see your comment straight away, DON'T PANIC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...