Friday 12 October 2018

Feline Fiction on Fridays at Amber's Library featuring ~ **Prancie's Prayer ** by Ellen J. Pilch ~ Review #75

Welcome To


With Amber ~ The Best Library Kitty in the entire Mewton~Clawson Parish


Supurr salutations pawesome furriends

*waves paw*

Hello gorgeous library guests and welcome to my private library

Happy Friday guys and how's your week been?  

OH MY COD, my week was going swimmingly well until the P.A. saw that I was drinking rather a lot earlier in the week, so I was whizzed up to the vets on Wednesday morning fur a check-up - PFFFFFFTTTTTTTTT!!!

Anyhoo, I had a little kidney inflammation, so I had a blood test done and effurything was in their normal parameters except fur one of my kidney enzymes which was slightly elevated, so they did another test and the good news is all my levels are spot on - PHEW!

So I've been given a little medication to help sooth and reduce the inflammation and hopefully that will sort it out. But obviously the P.A. is watching me like a hawk and I feel like I'm under a microscope right now. 



I have arthritis too, which has been monitored offur the last few months since it started to appear, but now I'm at the stage where I need a little assistance with pain management, so the vets have given me some medicine to help with that too, and with a bit of luck I should be feeling oodles better in the next few days, thank cod.

Thank mew fur all the well wishes on FB and many thanks to my beautiful sisfurs at The Crotchety Cougars Club fur purring up a healing storm fur me, ladies mew are epically epic and I love mew all - muwah - kisses to mew all. 

Oh and just before we get to this weeks pawesome book, I have more good news ~ none of the other B Team memfurs have eaten my grass or pee'd on my bed, not mentioning any names, SMOOCH! MOL

And now I think it's time to share this weeks book.

This week I'm sharing



by



Here's the book blurb:

Prancie's Prayer is the story of an orange cat who finds herself homeless one cold winter. She has trouble finding something to eat and a warm place to sleep, but with a little help from above, she finds all of that and more in her wonderful forever home.

*    *    *

I was just admiring the cover before I settled in the Sky Lounge to read Prancie's Prayer when Fudge came in and asked...


Guess what? Fudge doesn't have a valid library card, or any library card fur that matter, so he isn't going to be reading Prancie's Prayer anytime soon! MOL


Anyhoo, let me tell mew about this gorgeous little book; it's written by our uber fab furriends from 15 and Meowing, mew should go check our their epic blog if mew haven't already, but I digress, Prancie's Prayer is such a delightful story and tells the tale of how Prancie got her furever home just before Catmas.

Abandoned and alone aftur being dumped by her previous peeps, Prancie had the extreme good fortune to arrive on the doorstep of Ellen, she really did pick the right house fur sure, and the rest is history; Prancie's purrayers were definitely answered.

There are full-page colour illustrations throughout which are absolutely amazing and really make the story come to life, and fur those of mew who have young children, grandchildren, nieces or nephews this would make a purrfect gift.  And if mew don't have any children, but love cats, I'm sure mew'd love it as much as I did.

I think this would make a pawesome gift fur Catmas, so if mew're looking for a really lovely tale, I cannot recommend Prancie's Prayer enough!

Thank mew Aunty Ellen and all at 15 & Meowing fur sending me my furry own purrsonal copy, and I've got it safely stashed away because it's all mine! MOL 


15 and Meowing are having a give-away to win a copy of Prancie's Prayer on Goodreads, and mew have until the 29th of October to enter!

*    *    *

Paperback:   25 pages
Publisher:  Mirror Publishing (12 Sept. 2018)
    Age Level: 3 - 7


The Amber Biblio Rating System Fur Offurall Enjoyment:

Ratings of:

Prancie's Prayer

Offurall Enjoyment

I do hope mew enjoy this delightful story if mew decide to give it a try... 

...and if mew've read it already, what did mew think?

*    *    *
Sadly it's time fur me to say BFN or bye-fur-now as mew know the drill, so many books, so little time and I'll be back next week with another specially paw-picked book just fur mew. And don't furget that all my previous reviews can be found on my Book Review page, plus if mew'd like an exclusive Library Card fur speshal access to my library, just email me at:

deardrbasil @ gmail . com

Happy reading or listening until next time

Soft purrs

Amber xox








Follow Us @BionicBasil on InstacatTwitter and Facebook


 graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com and www.pizap.com

34 comments:

  1. We have read great things about Prancie's Book! We are going to have to get it for the grands!
    Purrs
    Marv

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you are on the mend, Amber. I wish that CBD oil was available where you live - it's helped Boodie lots with her arthritis! But lots of countries still treat medical cannabis like the recreational stuff (which it totally isn't).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank mew Summer, funnily enough we were checking out the CBD oil, and are looking fur a supplier in the UK. And now with Canada legalising things this week, I don't think it'll be too long before the UK follows suit, in which case I'll be able to get my mittens on some oil to assist with my arthritis! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  3. Thank goodness those results came back OK. That is on lovely book that Auntie Ellen has written, I do hope it does very well as it is having fab reviews!
    Purrs
    ERin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin, yes I was relieved fur sure! And isn't Prancie's Prayer fabulous! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  4. That was a great review of a wonderful book sweet Amber! We are so happy you are doing okay sweetie and we are sure glad your tests were okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank mew Brian, and I was thrilled with my results! MOL Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  5. Wonderful to hear you are doing well Amber!! Loved the review too -- clearly you are a well read cat! I always love seeing those bookshelf photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank mew guys, oh yes indeed I am a furry well read kitty and so glad mew like my library pics! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  6. Amber, we are so relieved that you are feeling better. You always do such a wonderpurr book review, and this book by Mz Ellen looks like a winner! Can't wait to read it.
    Love and Purrs,
    Herms and Dori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Herms and Dori, Ms. Ellens book is fan'cat'stic, mew so need a copy! MOL And thank mew fur the well wishes - muwah! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  7. Amber, how does one get an inflammation of the kidney? Well, anyhoo...glad you are better, and hope those meds kick in quickly! I too think "Prancie's Prayer" is a terrific book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi guys, the meds are wurking great thank mew furry much :) and Prancie's book is fabulous, are mew going to get a copy? Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  8. amber.....we iz sorree ya had ta go two de eeeeeeeeeeeeeevil place but we iz happee
    they iz gonna get ewe fixed ta ritez.....heerz sum st francis' blessingz for ewe just in case ya mite feel a knead of mor healtheez !!! this weekz ree veew is awesum...we haz prancie's prayer N reeded it two de food servizz gurl N we all troo lee N joyed it !!
    heerz ta bee in better N stay in better..all wayz ~~~~ ♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank mew Tabbies and Miss Dai$y, the blessing's helped enormously! Hope mew're having a great week! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  9. Prancie's Prayer is a lovely book with beautiful illustrations. I am glad you are feeling better and your levels are all good. I hope the medicine helps with your arthritis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi guys, the illustrations are fabulous, and thank mew fur the well wishes too! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  10. We bought Miss Ellen's book and it's so good! I hope you do feel oodles better really soon, Amber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Swiss Cats, isn't is amazing? And thank mew fur the well wishes! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  11. So relieved you are okay, Amber. And another great book review. It sounds like a great book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mew Funny Farmers, I'm feeling better by the day! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  12. I hope you're feeling better soon, Amber. Prancie's Prayer looks like a good book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank mew Edie, and yes, it is a fab little book! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  13. I am happy to read that you are feeling better Amber. Thank you for this wonderful review. I am very glad you liked my book being that you are an expert reviewer. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Auwnty Ellen, thank mew fur sending me a copy, I really loved it and hope mew're going to write lots more soon! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  14. Amber, might we admire your svelte physique? We hope it's not due to a certain menace of a brother who who has no conception about personal space! We hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya MK, BC & EM, thank mew furry kindly fur commenting on my trim physique, Smooch can no longer get near my special bed, I've locked it in the library! MOL MOL Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  15. Hopefully that kidney trouble is gone by now, and POTP for those aching bones and joints.

    Tat was a sweet review, Amber...maybe if you wo't let Fudge read that book, maybe you can read it to him? I am sure he will be a good listener.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank mew Pipo, I'm feeling much better and I'm moving much better, in fact I'm much much better and yes, I did actually read it to Fudge, he really enjoyed it, said he knows what its like to get dumped... Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  16. Whew, I'm sure glad that you are OK, Amber. You and I have pole dancin' today for ALL HALLOWS EVE! Tee hee hee!

    Oh how excited Miss Ellen and Prance must be to have their book out! I'm thrilled for my furr-iends! I can't wait to read the story myself! Purr purr purr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Valentine, oh nothing is going to get in the way of our pole dancing, though I might not be a fluid or graceful as I once was! MOL Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  17. We're happy to hear you're doing well, Amber. Thank Cod!

    Prancie's Prayer sounds like a really great book. Thanks for reviewing it for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys, I'm feeling so much better this week! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete

❤️*Waves Paw* we love comments, thanks so much fur leaving one ❤️
FYI Comment Moderation is on due an influx of SPAM - so if mew don't see your comment straight away, DON'T PANIC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...