Friday 4 October 2024

**GUESS WHO'S BACK?** **FELINE FICTION FIX** Book Reviews with Amber at The Mewton-Clawson Library #291 featuring **The Pumpkin Spice Café** by Laurie Gilmore **TIKTOK MADE ME BUY IT!!!** **PLUS** Friendly Fill-Ins

Amber's Book Reviews Banner ©BionicBasil® October 2023

Hello meautiful library guests 

and 

Welcome back to the Mewton-Clawson Library at BBHQ for the brand-new review season.

GUESS WHO'S BACK? 

Firstly, I need to know... 

DID MEW MISS ME?

I missed mew all terribly, and mew don't know how happy I am to be back! 

Oh, and if mew remember in my very last review in July, I mentioned that I'd read The Fourth Wing. 

Well, I enjoyed it so much that I read the second book, Iron Flame, but I'm digressing, and yes, I will review both as part of my new non-cat genre posts, but I'm digressing again... fluff me, this old age thing is no fun... anyhoo, I created a little video of myself in a bit of a Fourth Wing scene, and if mew've read the book, mew'll recognise it immediately. 

Here's a still shot, but I added many effects in the video, which I thought looked purretty nifty for an old gal like me! MOL

Amber's Book Reviews #291 ©BionicBasil® Amber the Lightning Wielder from The Fourth Wing by Rebecaa Yarros

To be honest, I did think it was an utterly fluffing brilliant video, not just because I'd created it, but because it was actually fluffing brilliant. 

The heinously sad part is, it was so fluffing clever that all the algorithms went on a rampage to stop me from going viral, and my utterly brilliant video sadly fell as flat as a dragon rider who can't keep their seat...

Check it out on your favourite social media channel, and let me know what mew think:




Anyhoo, let's look at this week's top book pick.

Part of The Mewton-Clawson Library ©BionicBasil®
Amber's Book Review Library Mice Divider ©BionicBasil®
Today, the P.A. is also joining in Friday Fill-ins Blog Hop with the pawesome 15 & Meowing and Four-Legged Furballs.
1. I would love to find an easier way to _______________________________.
2. My October list includes ________________, _______________ and ___________________.
3. I know better than to _________.
4. _________ should be illegal.

The P.A.'s answers are...

1. I would love to find an easier way to get all the B Team adventures written! LOL

2. My October list includes planting spring bulbs, moving some pots/troughs, and using a new leaf blower, which Cat Dad bought for me last week.

3. I know better than to start reading an exciting new book at bedtime! LOL

4. Animal cruelty on any level should be illegal everywhere in the world. Sadly, there are those who think this practice is acceptable, and the most disgusting ones are those who film themselves and share on social media, supposedly rescuing poor cats and dogs which have been bound or tied and thrown into water. When in actual fact, most are staged for likes and follows, and those poor animals are at the mercy of those sickos. There's a very special place in hell for those people.
Amber's Book Reviews Divider ©BionicBasil® October 2023

Amber's Book Review Divider ©BionicBasil®

This week's top book pick is...

Amber's Book Reviews #291 ©BionicBasil®  The Pumpkin Spice Cafe by Laurie Gilmore
Mewton-Clawson Library Copy

The Pumpkin Spice Café

Dream Harbor, Book 1


by 

Laurie Gilmore

       Here's a little snippet of the book blurb:      

A spicy small-town romance and TikTok phenomenon, perfect for fans of Hannah Grace and Stephanie Archer.

When Jeanie’s aunt gifts her the beloved Pumpkin Spice Café in the small town of Dream Harbor, Jeanie jumps at the chance for a fresh start away from her very dull desk job.

Logan is a local farmer who avoids Dream Harbor’s gossip at all costs. But Jeanie’s arrival disrupts Logan’s routine and he wants nothing to do with the irritatingly upbeat new girl, except that he finds himself inexplicably drawn to her.

Amber's Book Review Mice Divider ©BionicBasil®

I just read The Pumpkin Spice Cafe after seeing it on #booktok and noticing that it had a cat on the cover, I thought I'd give it a whirl, and it would be a purrfect book to start my new review season, thinking it was a new cozy cat mystery series!


**SPOILER ALERT**


It's a bit spicy, so if that's not your cup of tea, mew might want to skip the spiciness pages and just keep reading! MOL


It's a delightful small-town romance, a departure from my usual Cozy Mystery vibe. Stepping into a new genre was surprisingly fun! I'll be honest romance and spice have never been my thing; I'm more of a guns and ammo type of gal! MOL


The story revolves around Jeanie, who inherits the charming Pumpkin Spice Café in Dream Harbor, and Logan, a local farmer with a grumpy disposition. A lively dynamic between Jeanie's happy-go-lucky attitude and Logan's grumpiness makes for an entertaining and heartwarming read.


And then, there's a surprise element; a cute kitty called Casper, who was thought to be a ghost. But I'll leave it at that, no spoilers here! MOL


The charming descriptions of the small-town setting in Dream Harbor truly transport mew there, infusing the narrative with a sense of warmth and cosiness. The interesting community of Dream Harbor, with its many side characters, adds another fun dimension to the plot.


The author's vivid and sensory descriptions of the Pumpkin Spice Café and its scrumptious offerings evoke a sense of nostalgia, making readers wish they could experience the cosy ambience and aromatic delights first-paw.


The book effortlessly captures the essence of a spicy romance as Jeanie and Logan navigate their budding relationship. If mew're a fan of Hannah Grace and Stephanie Archer, this book is a must-read for mew.


The Pumpkin Spice Cafe is a feel-good book that guarantees a happily ever after. I recommend it to anypawdy looking for a charming, spicy, romantic escape!


If mew are subscribed to Kindle Unlimited, it is available within their catalogue to read as part of your subscription.


A Pawsome Read!


Paperback: 374 pages 
Audio: 7 hours 3 mins
Amber's Book Review Library Mice Divider ©BionicBasil®
My Rating Scale
Amber's Rating Scale Orange ©BionicBasil®
Amber's Book Reviews Divider ©BionicBasil® October 2023

Ratings of:

The Pumpkin Spice Café


Overall Enjoyment

Amber's 4 Paw Rating  ©BionicBasil®

Amber's Book Review Divider ©BionicBasil®

Other Fun Blog Hops to Join Today


Amber's Book Reviews Divider ©BionicBasil® October 2023

I'm off to prepare for next week's review, as mew know the drill, so many books, so little time!

I always look forward to your company as I share a specially paw-picked book just for mew, my epic readers!

Don't forget if mew are looking for great books with cats, check out the Book Review page, just click the link here or at the top of the page, as that's the place to visit to get your feline fiction fix.

Until next week...

Keep calm and read more books

Amber 









Amber's Book Reviews Divider ©BionicBasil® October 2023

Follow me at @BionicBasil® on Instacat

Don't furget to subscribe and never miss another review! 
Amber's Book Reviews Divider ©BionicBasil® October 2023
 Graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com ~ Dragon image created with AI Arta

5 comments:

  1. Amber, I hope your meowmy knows that Book # in that series is due out in January 2025, called Onyx Storm. I've re-listened to both Fourth Wing and Iron Flame, and the world is waiting with baited breath to find out what happens to Xaden and Violet next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, we are aware of its imminent arrival, but didn't know it was as soon as that **excited ears**!!! Did mew listen to the unabridged version, or the dramatised version? I got both, epic!!! MOL

      Delete
  2. I am so happy to see you are back to your reviews. I did miss you a lot! This is not my usual genre, but your review left me tempted. Thank you to the PA for participating in the fill-ins, great answers. I am so with her on #4. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMBER!!!! We're happy to see you back sweet girl. That was a mighty fine review and tell the P.A. that those were good fill-in answers too. Have a fun weekend B-Team! Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete

❤️*Waves Paw* we love comments, thanks so much fur leaving one ❤️
FYI Comment Moderation is on due an influx of SPAM - so if mew don't see your comment straight away, DON'T PANIC!