Wednesday 8 November 2017

Wordy on Wednesday with Biblio-Kitty Amber #51 featuring The Book of Night with Moon

Welcome To


With me, Amber ~ The Self-Appointed Biblio-Kitty


Supurr salutations pawesome furriends

*waves paw*

OH MY COD, can mew believe I'm reviewing my 50th novel?  Just the thoughts of that has wore me out, so I need to take a little nap... BRB...


Wow, I feel better aftur those ZZZZ's!

 Mew know that's no mean feat fur a senior kitty like myself, and if mew knew how many books I get through on a yearly basis... *starts counting on paws*  I get through about 100+ novels a year, jeez who knew! MOL

No wunder I'm a little offurweight right now.  I need to exercise while I listen, instead of lounging while I listen - in fact the P.A. took a picture of me effur the other day... the camera angle was all wrong, the lighting was completely unflattering and the pose, well the pose was just miscalculated on so many levels...



... anyhoo she said and I quote,

"Amber you're a little porker!"

Seriously, she called me a porker, can mew believe it?  Then she said.

"I'm getting you some super low-cal diet food from the vet!"

Like OMC, anyone would think I weighed a ton.  Then she added.

"Because Amber, you weigh a ton, I can barely pick you up!"

WHAT!!!!!!?????? 

The absolute indignity of it, but is that an imperial ton or a metric tonne? 

She said, "Amber a ton is a ton, stop living in denial and face facts, you're a porker!"

But if it's a metric tonne then actually it's lighter than an imperial ton by 35 pounds, so am I the lighter metric or the heavier imperial tonnage? 

The P.A. stared at me and I just knew what she was going to say.

"Amber you know we work in old school measurements here, so you're on the imperial scale!"

DRAT PHOOEY AND BIG HAIRY PANTS!

*    *    *

Oh some fab news now... I did get this supurr pawesomely mega great badge the other day courtesy of Cougar Kali



Proud to be Crotchety

So I'll be proudly displaying it on the sidebar and under my profile in the About Us section

Thank Mew Most Sincerely To My Sisfurs Of Crotchetiness! 

And now I think we'll jump into this weeks top book pick...

This week I'm sharing

The Book of Night with Moon


by

Diane Duane


Here's a little snippet of the book blurb:

Wizards and sorcerers, some cats even can cast spells and become invisible. They are the guardians of the Gates, weaving and maintaining the magic threads between realities. But when an ancient evil conquers the mystical Gates beneath Grand Central Station, flooding New York with surreal horror from another dimension, a quartet of feline champions is called to defend Earth. 

*    *    *

Where to begin, this is an epically epic fantasy/sci-fi story and by epically epic I mean the narration was offur 17 and half hours long, so we're treading in the realms of Tolkien here.  But even so this was a really good gritty tale, a real story, proper old school style.  Full of magic and mystery as our wizard team has to save the world from an unimaginable evil.

The characters are furry well crafted, the entire story is woven in such a way mew'll have to read/listen to it as fast as mew can.  I did find some of the names a little confusing to start with but like in any great saga aftur a while mew get used to them.

So would I recommend this novel to mew?  Yes I would but only if mew love fantasy and sci-fi, if those genres are not your style then mew won't enjoy this story at all.

As I love sci-fi and fantasy novels this was a truly stellar find fur me! 


Audio: 17 hrs 37 mins    

Hardcover: 406 pages 

  • Publisher:  Aspect (1 Dec. 1997)


The Amber Biblio Rating System Fur Offurall Enjoyment:


Ratings of:

The Book of Night with Moon


Offurall Enjoyment



I do hope mew enjoy this book if mew decide to give it a try... 

...and if mew've read it already, what did mew think?

*    *    *

Sadly it's time fur me to say BFN or bye-fur-now as mew know the drill, so many books, so little time and don't furget that I'll be back next week with another specially paw-picked book just fur mew.

And don't furget mew still have time to enter The Saturday Special Give-Away, there's 2 gorgeous cushions up fur grabs!

Until next week...

Happy reading or listening

Bestest biblio purrs and kitty kisses

Amber xox





Graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com and www.pizap.com

12 comments:

  1. amber....ewe iz knot a porker; ewe iz gorgeouz.... N if de PA
    thinkz ewe way a tonne eye wood hate like soundz like swell for
    her ta try N pick me up .........tuna oh moon ♥♥☺☺ eye will take
    three mor number fivez pleez ~ ♥♥☺☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Tabbies that's so luffley of mew to say so, and of course I can dispatch mew some more No 5's with a side order of fries and some krispy kraken rings! purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  2. WoW! Amber! This sounds like the kind of book my Mommy likes to read. She says after a hard day of work light reading helps her sleep. And I am so glad you got to be a Crochety Cougar! Plus i don't think you are fat...just XL (Etra Lushious)
    Purrs
    Marv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marv, that XL - XTRA LUSHIOUS is purrfect, thank mew so much mew really made me smile! MOL purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  3. We like to say that we're fluffy not fat around our house. I'm sure it was just the lighting and the odd camera angle that made you look a little... ummm...larger than usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Edie, oh it was definitely the lighting, the angle, the pose, the bad photographer, it was all wrong!!! *winks* purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  4. We do like Science Fiction and fantasy, so this book sounds like one we'd like to read. As for your weight, Amber, how dare the P.A. even go there. You're just pleasantly plump for the holidays, and that's that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gracie, absolutely how dare the P.A. go there, too right and yes I'm pleasantly plump!!! MOL purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  5. You do have beauteous markings, Amber...that is all I see when I gaze upon you...and um...well, lets just say you are too far from us to try to pick you up to 'size you up'!

    And well I used to weigh in at over twelve puonds but now I am a slim 10.6...one of my furbears weighed in at 21...OMC:(
    Now *he* was a porker...but its not bad to call a boy kitty a porker, is it??! MOL,MOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pipo, MOL now that was diplomatic fur sure! 21 pounds wow that's heavy... in fact two of mew!!! MOL purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  6. This sounds awesome. I love the long books of Epically Epic adventures of magic and monsters. Thank goodness it's on audio as books that long the peep falls asleep whilst reading them to me so it takes ages if ever for me to find out who did what at the end of chapter 2 MOL
    Toodle pip and purrs
    ERin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Erin, oh this will be purrfect fur the peep to play fur mew, mew'll luff it! purrs Amber xox

      Delete

❤️*Waves Paw* we love comments, thanks so much fur leaving one ❤️
FYI Comment Moderation is on due an influx of SPAM - so if mew don't see your comment straight away, DON'T PANIC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...