Welcome to BBHQ home of Basil and The B Team! We share Feline Enrichment tips, hacks and ideas, Cat Health, Adventure Stories for all ages, Book Reviews, Blog Hops, Crafting with Cats, Colouring with Cats, Pet Peeves, Product Reviews, Fashion with Felines, Brain Training with Cats and so much more. So drop by often to catch up on all the fun and remember; the world is way better with cats! Purrs from your hosts, Wing Commander Basil & The B Team
Crafting With Cats ~ Part XII ~ Easter Special ~ Easy Catnip Easter Eggs ~ The Only Kind of Easter Eggs Mew'll Want! MOL
Supurr Greetings Pawesome Pals
Thanks fur joining fur us fur Part XII of our Crafting with Cats segment and an Easter Eggstravaganza at that! MOL Mew know we have so much fun making all this stuff, and we hope mew enjoy seeing it and/or making it too.
If mew missed any of our previous CWC posts, here's the links:
The only kind of Easter Eggs mew'll want this Sunday! MOL
What Mew Will Need:
cotton Fabric, we used a selection of fat quarters in different prints
lining fabric [optional]
needle, thread ~ optional sewing machine
a great big pile of catnip
Optional Bunny ~ Blossom was today's Craft Room Snoopervisor
Let's Get Started
1. We're making six eggs, and here's our fabric choices fur 4 of our eggs
2. And here's our fabric choice fur the last two
3. Cut out your egg shapes - ours are approx 7" tall by 5" at the widest part prior to sewing
4. Check with optional bunny to make sure they meet FULL BUNNY approval
5. Cut out lining fabric and place either side of your patterned fabric
6. Pin eggs together ready fur sewing [right sides together]
7. Sew, either by hand or machine, leaving a gap fur the stuffing at the bottom
8. Your egg/s should now look something like this
9. Turn fabric right sides out and get FULL BUNNY approval before continuing
10. This is one side of our eggs
11. This is the other side
12. Now stuff with primo catnip - we used our homegrown, organic primo nip in our eggs. And used a ratio of 1/4 stuffing/wadding to 3/4 catnip to fill them - that way the eggs are springy but are really stuffed to the brim with the primo stuff making sure they're extra fragrant and delicious, as nopurrdy wants a BAD EGG! MOL
13. Once your eggs are fully stuffed, hand sew the fabric opening together
14. Now mew should have something that looks like this, with FULL BUNNY approval
Now we're at the critical stage of testing, so what did Smooch think?
As mew can see there was no stopping him, the eggs were amazing and Smooch said, "Dudes these Easter Eggs are eggstraspecially nip'a'licious!" MOL
In fact the P.A. had to remove him from the room as he went a little wild and refused to share with anypurrdy else, I think that's because the P.A. used a special combo of Catnip and Catmint that we affectionately refer to as Psychedelic Puma Blend - OOPS - so maybe not fur newbies like young Melvyn!
So there mew have it, straight from Smooch; catnip eggs are the best, make some, get some, try some this Easter and don't miss out on the fun! MOL
* * *
And that pawesome furriends furry sadly brings us to the end of our twelfth Crafting with Cats post, we do hope mew liked it, and we look forward to sharing more crafting exploits from BBHQ in the future!
And if there's anything mew'd like us to make, leave a comment and we'll do our best next time we're here.
We'll be back on the morrow with our fab Easter Selfies and do hope mew can join us then.
We at BionicBasil HQ are not responsible or liable fur any injuries to person/s and/or cat/s, crafting addictions, glue on cats, paper cuts, misplaced pins and needles, cats stealing your supplies, broken scissors, cat fur stuck on your projects, or your project not turning out as planned. By using this information you hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless BionicBasil and stafffrom and against any and all claims for personal injuries or damages of any kind arising from use of any Crafting With Cats posts we may share.