Monday 27 November 2023

CATS HAVE PROBLEMS TOO! with Dr Basil ~ Featuring Today's Despurrate Dilemma **HELP! I DON'T LIKE MY NEW HUMANS!**

 Welcome to 

Dr Basil ©BionicBasil®

Happy Monday, furry floofers

Welcome to another episode of Cats Have Purroblems Too, where I give epically epic advice to cats with despurrate dilemmas too great for them to solve alone. 

 Take a seat, and read today's despurrate dilemma and my solution.

Also, mew may be pondering on what my professional credentials are, so purrlease purruse the list below:

Ph.D. in Kitty Psychology & Psychiatry
BSc (Hons) Headology  
Psy.D. Furry Logic
 MS. Fuzzy Logic
MA. Common Sense

My other Professional Credits include:

NOM Master
Snoozy Savant
Purr Master
AdvoCat of T.L. Treatment
Touchy Feely Therapy or T.F.T
Purrfume Aroma Treatment or P.A.T.

I can help mew to solve all your Pet Peeves, Purrsonal Problems and Despurrate Dilemmas, no matter how great or small they may be.

Plus, I 
only use the very latest techniques, some of which I have developed myself over my long and esteemed career, which include:

 Purr Therapy ~ For Uptight and Particularly Stressed Kitties 

Nom Zen ~The Art of Nomming in Total Tranquility 

ZZZ's Snooze Sensation ~ Including Mewsical CatNap Sessions tailored to your purrsonal requirements

YogiCat Meditation ~ Stretches and Breathing Techniques for the Severely Stressed & Overworked

Intense CatNip Therapy ~ This treatment speaks for itself (I find it very beneficial)

I am also an AdvoCat of Tough Love coupled with a healthy dose of common kitty sense

Purrfume Aroma Treatment ~ A Sensory Smelling Session S.S.S. to calm and soothe with highly aromatic blends of specially selected scents

To help mew release all your stresses and worries just drop by my clinic held here or, alternatively email me your purroblem, and I'll answer here. If mew require to remain anonymous or anon, purrlease include that in your email. 


Mew can contact me directly at the following address:

DearDrBasil (at) gmail (dot) com

So come and sit on my supurr comfy couch, reee-lax, breathe deeply and tell me of your troubles, as I'm ready, willing and able to help.

Cats Have Purroblems Too with Dr Basil @BionicBasil® Find A Comfy Spot on The Couch

This is one of my cases via Instagram:  

HELP! I DON'T LIKE MY NEW HUMANS!

Dear Dr Basil, I hope this letter finds mew well. My name is Celeste, and I am a Burmese kitten who was recently adopted by a human family. While I am grateful for their hospitality, I must say that I am struggling to connect with them. They are always trying to approach me, pet me, and give me treats, but I just don't feel like bonding with them. I mean, they are nice and all, but they are just not my cup of milk. Here is a list of things I don't like about my humans: 1. They talk to me in baby talk. I am a kitten, not a baby, and I find it patronizing.

2. They keep trying to pick me up. I am not a toy, and I do not appreciate being cat-handled.

3. They have weird smells. I prefer the smell of catnip, and their odours are just not pleasant.

4. They are always staring at me. It's creepy, and it makes me feel uncomfortable.

5. They make loud noises. Can't they be more quiet like me? The constant commotion is distressing.

6. They have way too many rules. I am a free spirit, and I do not like being confined or restricted.

7. They are always taking pictures of me. I don't like the paparazzi, and I value my privacy. I would appreciate any advice you can give me on how to deal with my humans. I want to be happy in my new home, but I just don't know how to connect with them. Thank you, Celeste

This is my Expert Reply
Today I use the colour pink, as this is renowned for being the colour love, and hopefully will be the purrfect choice for this particular purroblem.

Dear Celeste, Thank mew for reaching out to me. I understand that adjusting to a new home can be challenging, particularly when mew have high standards like yourself. However, I believe that with a little effort, mew can create a loving bond with your humans.

Here is a seven-point strategy plan to help mew overcome your immediate negative feelings towards your humans: 1. Show them affection. Try rubbing against their legs, purring when they pet mew, or giving them a nudge to show that mew are there with them.

2. Play with them. Humans love interactive playtime, so try batting around a toy mouse, chasing a laser pointer, or engaging in other activities that they enjoy sharing with mew.

3. Be patient. It takes time to build a relationship, so don't give up too quickly. Keep trying, and mew will see results in time.

4. Show interest in their activities. If they are watching TV or reading a book, try sitting next to them and observing. This will help mew learn more about them and their habits.

5. Be vocal. Meow when mew want attention or when mew are happy. Humans love to hear their cats meow, and it's an excellent way to communicate with them.

6. Show your purrsonality. Don't be afraid to be yourself and show your humans your quirks. Purrsonal self-expression is very impawtant. Whether mew are a curious explorer or a lazy napper, let them see who mew are the REAL mew!

7. Treats. Everyone loves treats, so try accepting their offerings and see if that helps build a connection. Mew might find that you enjoy certain types of treats, and this can be a way to bond with your humans over a shared love of food. Remember, Celeste, building a bond with your new humans will take time and effort. But if mew follow these steps, I am confident that mew will be happy in your new home in no time. Don't give up, but do give them a bit of slack as they too have to get used to mew. It is a big adjustment for both sides, but I know that mew will be best furiends in no time. Best of luck

Yours most sincerely
Dr. Basil
@ The Cats Have Purroblems Too Clinic T.M.
____________________________

Today's Moral Code is:

Relationships and pawsitive connections take time, so take things slowly ~
 
_________________________________
If mew can relate to this purroblem or feel that mew are in need of any assistance, purrlease leave a comment to: Dear Dr Basil.... or email me directly and I'll get back to mew.

Thank mew all for joining me today at The Cats Have Purroblems Too Clinic, and I'll be back next Monday with another open clinic and a new case study.

Until then, Keep Calm and Purr

Dr. Basil

Ph.D. ~ BSc. (Hons) ~ Psy.D. ~ MS ~ MA







'The Paw Print Seal of Approval'

Copyright and All Rights Reserved @ Dr Basil ~ Cats Have Purroblems Too Clinic

(T.M. ~ Totally Meowvellous)

Follow Us @BionicBasil®  at Instacat

And don't furget to subscribe and never miss another clinic 

Graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com   

12 comments:

  1. That is most excellent advice and I hope that wee one takes it all seriously! Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are spot on, relationships take time. I do hope she can gently teach the family, however, not to be too grabby with her when she isn't in the mood to be held. It's not fun to be touched when you just don't want to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very good advice. I hope she soon settles in with her new family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could have used this advice 11 years ago Dr. Basil. Precious

    ReplyDelete
  5. This advice goes both ways. We're going through this right now with our new kitty, Lil' Bit. We give her love and lots of room. She's fitting in just fine.

    Dr. Basil always gives such great advice.

    I linked this post to Awww Mondays.

    Have a purrfect day and week. Scritches all around and a big hug to mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. DR Basil! YOU are absolutely THE expert. That was the best advice I have ever read. On all counts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehehehe. Baby talk is a huge problem! #AwwMondays

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wise advice for sure, Dr. Basil!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dr. Basil you have excellent advice for a new cat home. We know of a new kitten that is in a furriends home and we will have her read your advice. Sounds oh so good to us. ~The Ts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really great advice you're so super purrfect xšŸ˜½

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. Scritches all around and a hug to mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete

❤️*Waves Paw* we love comments, thanks so much fur leaving one ❤️
FYI Comment Moderation is on due an influx of SPAM - so if mew don't see your comment straight away, DON'T PANIC!