Friday 17 November 2023

**FELINE FICTION FIX** Book Reviews with Amber at The Mewton-Clawson Library #257 featuring **A Cat and His Human (League of Losers Book #1): LitRPG Series** by Michael Atamanov **PLUS** Friendly Fill-Ins

Amber's Book Reviews Banner ©BionicBasil® October 2023

Hello meautiful library guests 

and 

Welcome to the Mewton-Clawson Library at BBHQ 

Thank mew for joining me in the stacks today, and this week, I was just trying to get a really cute selfie of myself when this happened! MOL

Amber's Book Reviews #257 ©BionicBasil® Amber's Selfie Fail

Fudge made me jump and this was the result! Oh dear, better luck next week! 

Anyhoo let's look at this week's top book pick.

Part of The Mewton-Clawson Library ©BionicBasil®
Amber's Book Review Library Mice Divider ©BionicBasil®
Today the P.A. is also joining in Friday Fill-ins Blog Hop with the pawesome 15 & Meowing and Four-Legged Furballs.
1. I always turn up the volume when ___________________________ comes on.
2. I change the radio station when ______________________________comes on.
3. Once I finish _________ I can _________.
4. _________ is a tradition I always follow.

The P.A.'s answers are...

1. I always turn up the volume when the '90s and early 2000s dance/rave music comes on.

2. I change the radio station when '60s music comes on.

3. Once I finish Claws of Terror I can start The Purrminator; this is the story of how Melvyn arrived at BBHQ.

4. The 12 Days of Christmas for decorations is a tradition I always follow.

Amber's Book Reviews Divider ©BionicBasil® October 2023

Let's see what I've got to show mew this time!

Amber's Book Review Divider ©BionicBasil®

This week's top book pick is...

Amber's Book Reviews #257 ©BionicBasil® _ A Cat and His Human (League of Losers Book #1) LitRPG Series by Michael Atamanov
Mewton-Clawson Library Copy

A Cat and His Human (League of Losers Book #1): LitRPG Series

by 

 Michael Atamanov 

       Here's a little snippet of the book blurb:      

When our protagonist Andrei discovers that his girlfriend has cheated on him, he finds himself with an unexpected choice to make: a quick death, or a new life in another world he knows absolutely nothing about. Andrei chooses life, and sets off alongside his pet, a ginger cat with a limp, for a primeval world fraught with danger. The trouble is… who is whose pet becomes entirely unclear; the man’s consciousness is split between both creatures, and the little cat gets a far greater share of intelligence and wit than his hulking master. What do you do as a weak little kitty? Abandon the clumsy human who always seems to get into trouble, go in search of a new master?

Amber's Book Review Mice Divider ©BionicBasil®

I discovered a new genre for me: LitRPG aka Literary Role Playing Game, which is a hybrid style of story combining sci-fi/fantasy and video game playing.

This week I had the pleasure of reading A Cat and His Human: LitRPG Series by Michael Atamanov, the first book in the League of Losers series. From the very first page, I was immediately drawn into the vivid and imaginative world that Atamanov had created. The plot was nothing short of furbulous following the story of a young man named Andrei who then takes on the game name of Sergeant when he becomes trapped in a virtual reality game. As Sergeant navigates the treacherous world of the game, he has an unlikely ally - a talking cat called Whiskers who is also trapped in the game. The dynamic between Sergeant and the cat was truly unique, and their relationship was one of the highlights of this book. But I won't spoil the plot for mew as it is quite quirky. The characters were incredibly well-developed. Sergeant was a protagonist that I couldn't help but root for, and his journey throughout the book was filled with twists and turns that kept me on the edge of my seat. However, it was the cat who really stole the show. His quick wit and sarcastic commentary were simply hilarious, and I found myself laughing out loud at many of his one-liners. The world-building in A Cat and His Human was simply superb. Atamanov's attention to detail was evident in every chapter, from the gaming mechanics to the various settings within the game. The author did an excellent job of creating a vibrant and detailed virtual world that felt incredibly real. Overall, A Cat and His Human was an absolutely fantastic read that left me wanting to find out more. I would highly recommend this book to anypawdy who enjoys LitRPGs, cats or anyone who is simply looking for an engaging and entertaining read.

If mew have Kindle Unlimited, this title and the next two in the series are available within your subscription. I listened to the Audible version and thought the narration was brilliant.

Another Totally Top Paw Read!

Paperback:  406 pages
Audio: 11 hours 51 mins
Amber's Book Review Library Mice Divider ©BionicBasil®
My Ratings Scale
Amber's Rating Scale Orange ©BionicBasil®
Amber's Book Reviews Divider ©BionicBasil® October 2023

Ratings of:

A Cat and His Human 

Overall Enjoyment

Amber's Rating Scale ©BionicBasil® 5 Paws

Amber's Book Review Divider ©BionicBasil®

Other Fun Blog Hops to Join Today


Amber's Book Reviews Divider ©BionicBasil® October 2023

I'm off to prepare for next week's review, as mew know the drill, so many books, so little time!

I always look forward to your company as I share a specially paw-picked book just for my epic readers!

Don't forget if mew are looking for great books with cats, check out the Book Review page, just click the link here or at the top of the page, as that's the place to visit to get your feline fiction fix.

Until next week...

Keep calm and read more books

Amber 









Amber's Book Reviews Divider ©BionicBasil® October 2023

Follow me at @BionicBasil® on Instacat

Don't furget to subscribe and never miss another review! 
Amber's Book Reviews Divider ©BionicBasil® October 2023
 graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com 

11 comments:

  1. No 60's music? Paul McCartney won't be able to pay for his annual snipe hunt now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good fill-in answers as always! Sweet Amber, sorry you got disturbed for your photo, that that was quite the good review. Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We turn down the volume for most of your fave music...LOL!!! Or change the station...not to diss you, cause everyone loves what they love, we love the classical stations/music...but you already knew that. Right now I am not listening to any of that kind of music, I have on music to calm doggies...kind of to see how that might affect our two, esp Dalton. They are both sleeping!

    Amber you always find the most interesting reads!

    Best wishes for getting your books writte/published, I bet the book about Melvyn will be amazing.

    Bekieve it or not, I don't really have a Christmas tradition...maybe because I have to work that day so often. But if I am not working we always go to church, before doing anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is an age thing and I am guessing I am probably 25 years older than you, maybe more. I always turn up 60s and 70s music and maybe 80s but don't enjoy a lot of the later music. Of course there are exceptions.
    That was another good review, Amber.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amber, did you give Fudge a good whappy paw?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amber, you do so good on the book review despite a Fudgey Whap. And I still see yer orange furs so all is good. We look fur-ward to reading about Melvyn's coming to home with you. I had 2 hours outside this morn, but now in my bed tent and it is raining, which Lynn says we need. I have my water bowls so I'm not so sure on this subject.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for joining in on the Friendly Fill-Ins! I was raised in the '90s and early 2000s, so I can't help but turn up that music as well. I'm also like you and have little to no interest in '60s music, much to my grandma's dismay. She loves music from that decade and the decades before it. Purrs and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amber, that sounds like a really innovative book, with a totally fresh approach! šŸ˜Ž Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That picture is hysterical! The book sounds really interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. At least you got a fun picture for Feline Friday. I for one enjoy the more candid shots.

    I'd love to see your Christmas decorations.

    The book sounds fascinating, although I've never been into RPGs.

    Thank you for joining Feline Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was quite the photo bomb. Great review Amber. I had never heard of combining gaming and sci-fi. Thank you to the PA for participating in the fill-ins, great answers. I look forward to anything you write. XO

    ReplyDelete

❤️*Waves Paw* we love comments, thanks so much fur leaving one ❤️
FYI Comment Moderation is on due an influx of SPAM - so if mew don't see your comment straight away, DON'T PANIC!