Hello fabulous friends, and welcome to our lifestyle cat blog. If you love cats then you’re definitely in the right place. We share a wide array of entertaining posts to amuse you each week, so drop by often to catch up on all the fun and remember; the world is way better with cats! Purrs from your hosts, Wing Commander Basil & The B Team
So the other day, I remembered that we needed a new CwC post... and went to find the P.A. and look what I found her doing!!!!
Needless to say, I put an All Systems Stop on that curtain making project immediately, I mean the sheer nerve of making curtains when much more impawtant things are at paw!
And now aftur that unexpected kerfuffle in the craft room, we can finally begin...
This time we're making a pawesome
What We Used:
Felt x 2 squares
Glue ~ hot or cold ~ Non Toxic
Darning Needle or similar
Cane or dowel rod [optional paint]
Feathers or other embellishment
Optional Cat ~ Pandora was today's Craft Room Snoopervisor
*Most of the things we use to make our projects is stuff that we already have, and have probably had fur eons - the P.A. has the tendency of a magpie when she goes to a haberdashery shop or fabric store, and tends to buy completely random things that catch her eye fur future projects which she hasn't even thought of yet! MOL
So we don't actively go and buy more stuff to make new stuff, we use what we have and recycle a lot of items too. Our point is get creative and make new things that bring mew joy from old stuff that's lost its shine.
Let's get Started
1. Take your darning needle [or alternative] and ribbon. Next thread the pom poms of your choice onto the ribbon. We used 3 pom poms on each one.
2. Cut out fish.
3. Pin Fish #1 onto felt and cut out 5 more.
4. Mew should now have 6 little iddy biddy fishies.
5. Take catnip and sprinkle onto 3 of the fishies.
We used a combo of catnip and catmint which has been drying under the carport fur a few weeks.
6. At this point we decided that the fishies needed some fins, so out came the pink feathers again. We glued the feathers in place and the ribbon too. Next we glued the blue fishy to the pink fishy to make one whole catnip fish, and repeated the entire process twice more. Finally glue on the fishie's eyes - we used smaller black pom poms fur this].
7. Take your cane or dowel rod [we used an old bamboo garden cane and sprayed it white]. Tie your ribbons to one end. Now as our ribbons were all off cuts and random lengths we made our fishie's hang at different intervals.
8. Wrap and glue more ribbon securely offur the end to secure the 'fishing lines' in place. We decided that a little more embellishment was required at this point and added a few more pom poms.
9. Then we thought the other end looked at little sparse, so we repeated step 8.
And here's what our Let's Go Fishing Teaser Toy looks like now, as modeled by Queen Amber.
It shouldn't take mew more than 30 minutes to make this, it took us about 45 minutes, but we were looking fur extra embellishments and as we've said before, we do make it up as we go along! MOL
So What Did The B Team Think?
Our Totally Tropical FeatherNip Fish [completely new species, which have only just been discovered in the wilds of Mewton-Clawson's moderately tepid reservoir].
We named them:- Harry, Larry and Barry and they really got some punishment from Amber as mew just saw! MOL MOL
The Let's Go Fishing Teaser Toy was a real hit here at BB HQ, with Amber taking top prize fur keeness, purrformance and enthusiasm! Sadly I didn't get my paws on it as aftur Amber had slobbered all offur it I decided to put in a request fur a new one! MOL MOL MOL
There are many variations which mew could make such as:
Only have one or two fishie's
Have no fishie's and use any shape mew like
Decorate the wand any way mew like
The possibilities are endless...
Just before we go, we must say:- NEFFUR EFFUR leave your kitty unattended with:
wand toys, teaser toys or any toys which could be a potential hazard
When we're finished playing, we always make certain that the ribbons or string are wrapped around the handle before being put away in the toy box until next time.
* * * And that furriends furry sadly brings us to the end of our ninth Crafting with Cats post, we do hope mew liked it and feel free to post your pawesome crafty pics and ideas on our Facebook page at:
And if there's anything mew'd like us to make, leave a comment and we'll do our best.
We'll be back on the Wednesday with... What Would The B Team Do?
... and we do hope mew can join us then, in the meantime, there'll be a new puzzle to keep mew entertained tomorrow.
Bestest crafty purrs
Basil & The B Team xox
We at BionicBasil HQ are not responsible or liable fur any injuries to person/s and/or cat/s, crafting addictions, glue on cats, paper cuts, misplaced pins and needles, cats stealing your supplies, broken scissors, cat fur stuck on your projects, or your project not turning out as planned. By using this information you hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless BionicBasil and stafffrom and against any and all claims for personal injuries or damages of any kind arising from use of any Crafting With Cats posts we may share.