Amber spills the fluff in today’s BBHQ Q&A ~ scrolls, mice, and library chaos await.
๐พWHAT THE FLUFF – A BBHQ Q&A Series๐พ
Supurr Monday greetings, epic furiends!
Today we’re back with episode 6 from deep inside the BBHQ think‑tank, and trust us, this one’s been simmering in the creative cauldron for quite some time.
Episode One ~ Basil
Episode Two ~ Pandora
Episode Three ~ Melvyn
Episode Four ~ Parsley
Episode Five ~ Fudge
Trust us, mew don’t want to miss the chaos.

Welcome to WHAT THE FLUFF, the fluffiest, quirkiest, most revealing Q&A series ever unleashed from The B Team since the Podcast. Each memfur sits down for a no‑holds‑barred interrogation … err… sorry interview with Vera V5.0, the BBHQ Bunker A.I., answering the questions mew didn’t know mew needed answers to.
From snack stash secrets to interdimensional dilemmas, from floof maintenance routines to heroic regrets, this series dives deep into the minds (and whiskers) of our legendary memfurs.
๐ฌ Expect:
๐ Outrageous confessions
๐ก️ Tactical brilliance
๐ง Floofy wisdom
๐ฅPossibly a few hairballs
๐พ In today’s feature: Amber
Head Librarian of the BBHQ library at Mewton-Clawson, guardian of the Whispering Library Archives on Level 6 of the bunker, cheese‑era diplomat, and BBHQ’s undisputed Queen of Librarian Side‑Eye.
What really goes on in the Restricted Section?
Why do the scrolls keep whispering legal threats, knitting patterns, and unsolicited advice?
And does Amber regret letting the Library Mice attend the Festival of Cheddar… leaving her library eerily calm, faintly scented with camembert optimism, and suspiciously quiet?
Keep reading for Amber’s full Q&A ~ and prepare to say “Oh fluff!” at least once! MOL
๐พ Interview No. 6 ~ Head Librarian, Archive Sentinel, Cheese Diplomacy Specialist (allegedly)
Vera V5.0: Amber, welcome to Episode 6 of WHAT THE FLUFF. Are mew prepared for your Q&A session?
Amber: I’ve been prepared since dawn. I alphabetised my thoughts, colour‑coded my emotions, and filed my patience under “Limited Resources.” Proceed.
Q1: Amber, how would mew describe your role at BBHQ?
Amber: I am the stabiliser of knowledge, the guardian of lore, and the cat who prevents BBHQ from descending into literary anarchy. Officially: Head Librarian.
Unofficially: Archive Sentinel, Scroll Negotiator, Cheese‑Era Diplomat, and Keeper of the Library Mice (currently on annual leave at the Festival of Cheddar).
If it whispers, glows, bites, or quotes Shakespeare, it’s my problem.
Q2: What’s your favourite part of bunker life?
Amber: The library at dawn, quiet, dignified, and not yet arguing with itself.
Also, the Library Mice. They bring chaos, crumbs, and cheese‑scented enthusiasm, but they’re furmily. Even if they
did abandon me for a week‑long dairy festival.
Q3: What’s the most annoying part of bunker life?
Amber: Scrolls with opinions. Footnotes that bite. Parsley’s googly eyes stuck to random things, he thinks it's funny! Gregory’s mop filing grievances in triplicate. And magical creatures wandering into the Archives without the correct paperwork or snoopervision. I have rules for a reason.
Q4: What’s your biggest pet peeve about the other memfurs?
Amber: They treat the library like a casual stroll instead of a sacred repository of knowledge.
Melvyn can get distracted by shiny bookmarks.
Pandora redecorates with enchanted crystals, she says its for ambience.
And Basil sometimes reroutes my snail mail through the vending machine.
I love them dearly. But they test me.
Q5: What’s your favourite spot in the bunker?
Amber: My private reading room, specifically the reading nook where the enchanted lamps hum softly and the shelves behave themselves. Also, the cheese‑certified research desk, currently awaiting postcards from the mice. The quiet is unnerving… but oddly peaceful.
Q6: What’s one thing mew wish every cat understood about mew?
Amber: I’m not strict, I’m structured. I’m not aloof, I’m thinking. And I’m not glaring, I’m assessing the probability of chaos. Knowledge is sacred. Order is essential.
And cheese diplomacy is an art.
Q7: What’s your funniest bunker moment?
Amber: The day the ‘M’ aisle declared independence.
Military memoirs staged a siege.
Tactical whisker manuals demanded reinforcements.
A thesaurus took command.
Parsley attempted waffle diplomacy.
Pandora’s cupcakes formed a frosting militia.
And the Library Mice sent a postcard saying, “We told mew not to touch anything.”
I laughed. Eventually.
Q8: What’s your least favourite bunker chore?
Amber: Re‑indexing scrolls after magical incidents. Especially when they’ve developed personalities. One scroll called me “emotionally unavailable.”
Another tried to unionise. I needed silvervine wine and ten minutes in my private reading room.
Q9: What’s your proudest moment as part of the B Team?
Amber: Maintaining the Library Archives through magical upheaval, cheese‑era diplomacy, and scroll mutiny.
And the mice trust me with their research. That means everything.
Q10: What’s your message to BBHQ readers?
Amber: Respect your libraries.Respect your scrolls. Respect the emotionally sentient theasaurus and encourage it to write haikus.
And if mew ever visit the Archives, please wipe your paws, silence your snacks, and do not, under any circumstances, pet the glowing index cards.

We hope mew enjoyed today’s feature brought to mew courtesy of Vera, the bunker A.I., who insists these interviews are “vital for operational transparency” but mostly just enjoys watching the chaos unfold.
Next up in the WHAT THE FLUFF hot seat: Smooch
Expect tactical floof, garage shenanigans, emotionally compromised biscuits, and at least one incident involving questionable “engineering decisions” in the hover‑cart bay. And absolutely no mention of the time he popped all four tyres on the Red Peril in under twelve seconds… or the bazooka‑slug situation.
And not forgetting… the vending machine (which still has opinions)
Click to go to Episode 7 ~ Link coming soon
We'll be back on Wednesday with more Midweek News, and look forward to your company, in the meantime...
...and furbulous
Wing Commander Basil & The B Team
Don't furget to subscribe to our blog and never miss another post.
Copyright Notice
© [2026] BionicBasil®. All Rights Reserved. No part of this post, characters, or lore may be reproduced, scraped, or rewritten in any form (including AI) without express written permission
Graphics created with paid licence @www.canva.com
Everything sounds ready for the week, Amber! Good going!
ReplyDeleteAmber you are always prepared for book reviews and library duties. I doubt if our librarian here is anywhere near as devoted.
ReplyDeleteWell done, Amber. I'll see you next week for the next installment.
ReplyDeleteI linked this post to Awww Mondays.
Have a fabulous day and week. Scritches to the kitties and a big hug to their wonderful mom. ♥
"The day the ‘M’ aisle declared independence"; oh my word!
ReplyDeleteLibraries are the bestest places in the world, Amber.