Wednesday 23 May 2018

Wordy on Wednesday with Biblio-Kitty Amber #69 featuring A Street Cat Named Bob

Welcome To


With me, Amber ~ The Self-Appointed Biblio-Kitty


Supurr salutations pawesome furriends

*waves paw*

Hello my beautiful furriends and how are mew on this fine, sunny morn?

Did mew know there's only one review week left until I take my summer break, OH MY COD!!!  And I still haven't packed my case, I was hoping to travel and visit all my supurr Crotchety Cougar buddies, but I'll have to wait until aftur Basil's Birthday pawty next Friday [1st June] because a Zombie Apocalypse wouldn't keep me away from that epically epic event! MOL 

So if anyone would like me to visit them, do let me know!

And in response to Monday's post...


He said he was 'the bester OMMer' well I just topped that! MOL


And on that note I think it's time to share this weeks book!


This week I'm sharing

A Street Cat Named Bob

by

James Bowen


Here's a little snippet of the book blurb:

When James Bowen found an injured, ginger street cat curled up in the hallway of his sheltered accommodation, he had no idea just how much his life was about to change. James was living hand to mouth on the streets of London and the last thing he needed was a pet.

*    *    *
Now I read Bob's book when it furst came out, and fur the life of me I can't think why it's taken so long fur me to review it.  So the other day I thought mew know what, I'm going to listen to it, so I downloaded a copy from Audible and settled down in my library alone, as effuryone else is still banned aftur last week! MOL

Anyhoo, so there I was, just me, myself and I listening to Bob's story, with a pot of nip tea and cookies.

Now, this isn't a story fur effuryone, i.e: younger kids - NO, as it does deal with some of life's harsher realities of living in the modern wurld, on the streets, drug use and the recovery from the aforementioned.  So those of mew who are thinking it's all about Bob, it is and it isn't.

Bob is integral to the story as he's the pivotal character in helping James, his newly adopted hooman to get his life together and keep James moving forwards towards a much brighter future.  And in turn, James helps Bob to recover from his injuries inflicted while he was a street cat fending fur himself. 

Bob like all us kitties, is a rather remarkable and a wholly unique feline, and he and James do have a rather special bond.  And I know what mew're thinking; we all do with our hoomans, yes and while that's true and I unequivocally agree with that statement, Bob is a much more intrepid than most felines, as he would go with James busking on the packed streets of London, selling The Big Issue, riding on buses, sitting on James's shoulder as they cycled through busy, traffic-filled streets, and I think that's what endears Bob to the public, because of his loyalty to his adopted Dad and his go anywhere and do anything attitude.  

Basil was most impressed and asked if I knew him and if he wanted to join The B Team, I said. "No Basil, I don't purrsonally know Bob, but yes mew're right, he'd be a pawesome addition to our furry little band of heathens!" MOL

But I digress, A Street Cat Named Bob is a really touching and endearing story and gives mew an appreciation of the hooman/anipal bond at its finest.  Would I recommend this to mew, yes I would though I must say that reading the book and listening to it were furry different experiences, and if I had to choose my favourite format, I'd definitely listen to the audio version.

I'll sum up in one sentence:

Bob Rocks, and if mew haven't read this already, do give it a go as I'm sure mew'll love it as much as I did!

*    *    *

Oh and just before I pop off to go herd some sheep, yes mew heard me right, and it's all to do with next weeks review, which mew won't want to miss as it's my last before I take my summer vay-cay. I just wanted to say that Bob's peeps have made some pawesome cartoons, so do go check them out as they're adorable.

*   *   *

  • Paperback: 304 pages
  • Publisher: Hodder Paperbacks (6 Oct. 2016)


The Amber Biblio Rating System Fur Offurall Enjoyment:


Ratings of:

A Street Cat Named Bob

Offurall Enjoyment


I do hope mew enjoy this book if mew decide to give it a try... 

...and if mew've read it already, what did mew think?

*    *    *

Sadly it's time fur me to say BFN or bye-fur-now as mew know the drill, so many books, so little time and don't furget that I'll be back next week with another specially paw-picked book just fur mew.  And don't furget mew can see all my previous reviews by clicking here.

Happy reading or listening

Bestest biblio purrs and kitty kisses

Amber xox






graphics created with  paid licence www.canva.com and www.pizap.com

23 comments:

  1. My human loved both the book and the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We read that one and Bob is such a cool dude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brian, oh I'm sure mew'll love it as much as I did! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  3. amber....we total lee loves street cat bob and james...we haz reeded
    all his bookz two de food servizz gurl and we even getted her "where
    in the world is bob" and trooth...sum timez we had trubull findin him!
    thanx for sharin de car toonz link; we look forwerd ta seein sum sheep
    next week !!! ~~~~ ♥♥☺☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Tabbies & Miss Dai$y, isn't it a great book and those cartoons are so cute! I can't wait to share the sheep either! MOL Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  4. Loved reading that book and have read the two follow-up ones after as well! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey guys, the follow up books are really great! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  5. Wished I had known how to find James and Bob when I was in London recently! I haven't seen the movie yet, but it's on my list! Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mom needs to read this book. It's on her list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya guys, oh mew so need to get it asap! MOL Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  7. I love this book, I have a copy in my library ( actually, it is just a bookcase). The film was good too. We would love for you to visit us, you can read all my cat books :) XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi guys, of course it's a library!! MOL I haven't seen the film yet, it's on my to do list! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  8. We have that book, Amber, and are looking forward to reading it! :)

    Oh, by the way, that was some topnotch OMMing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey guys, oh I'm sure mew'll just love it! And thanks about the OMMing! MOL Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  9. Well, I haven't read that book yet, but Mom and I did watch the movie version and it was so-o good! I luv the scene when Bob gets on the bus all by himself to go after James. I bet the book is even more special than the movie, so I fur sure need to read it! Thanks for sharing, Amber! Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Valentine, I haven't seen the movie yet, but it's definitely on list! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  10. I love this book and the film was pawsome.I checked out Bob's cartoons really enjoyed them.Have a Purrfect week.xšŸ˜øšŸ˜»šŸ¾šŸ¾šŸ¾šŸ¾

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine, aren't those cartoons cute, I could watch them alllllll day! MOL Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  11. It does sound awesome. We not seen the movie or read the book but hope both will turn up at the village hall to see at the next rummage sale and travelling cinematograph mol. No excellent story and one that shows truly humbling skills of feline friendship and the power of compassion to heal.
    Purrs
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Erin, I'm going to get the movie to watch while I'm on my Jolly Holly's so if mew want to come to the library and watch it with me, let me know! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete

❤️*Waves Paw* we love comments, thanks so much fur leaving one ❤️
FYI Comment Moderation is on due an influx of SPAM - so if mew don't see your comment straight away, DON'T PANIC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...