Friday 13 October 2023

**FELINE FICTION FIX** Book Reviews with Amber at The Mewton-Clawson Library #252 featuring **Steeped to Death** by Gretchen Rue PLUS Friendly Fill-Ins

Amber's Book Reviews Banner ©BionicBasil® October 2023

Hello meautiful library guests 

and 

Welcome to the Mewton-Clawson Library at BBHQ 

Thank mew for joining me in the stacks today, and mew may have noticed that I've had a little makeover for my posts. Well, I saw what was happening elsewhere on the blog and I thought I'd better do a little bit of updating with an autumnal vibe.

Also, I've just read that the P.A. says I'm as crotchety as ever - see the fill-ins below. Let me tell mew, I am in no way ever crotchety, bad-tempered or unpleasant.

Amber's Book Reviews #252 ©BionicBasil® Amber's Not Crotchety At All

That is unless somepawdy messes with my books or my library then rightly so, I can unleash a level of crotchetiness, bad-temperedness and unpleasantness that is on an apocalyptic scale! 

Just don't mess with the books, and woe betide anypawdy who turns the corner on a page down as a bookmark. I can't tell mew what that purrticular heinous act does to me, just buy a fluffing bookmark, or do what the P.A. does and use a post-it note.

Anyhoo, let's get on with this week's review, as I haven't got the energy to go into a full-scale rant of what tips me into apocalypticness! MOL

Part of The Mewton-Clawson Library ©BionicBasil®
Amber's Book Review Library Mice Divider ©BionicBasil®
Today the P.A. is also joining in Friday Fill-ins Blog Hop with the pawesome 15 & Meowing and Four-Legged Furballs.
1. Before winter arrives, I need to stock up on _________________________.
2.Only _____________________ until _______________________________.
3. I was relieved to find out _________.
4. _________ was a shocker.

The P.A.'s answers are...

1. Before winter arrives, I need to stock up on lots of things for the pantry and extra cat food of course! LOL There's also a coal delivery which is imminent as we're nearly ready to get the stove lit.

2. Only 12 days to go until Amber's 21st Birthday. And regardless of what she tells you here, she has slowed down tremendously in the last few months, but she's as crotchety as ever! LOL

3. I was relieved to find out that I still have a couple of weeks before the Halloween Crafting with Cats post is due to be posted. What I thought I was making, turned out to be a dud, so thank goodness there's time for me to make something else.

4.  Realising that it's almost mid-October was a shocker. I've lost a couple of weeks due to an issue which was sprung on me late last month, and it needed addressing ASAP, which has taken a lot of my time putting a report together.

Amber's Book Reviews Divider ©BionicBasil® October 2023

Let's see what I've got to show mew this time!

Amber's Book Review Divider ©BionicBasil®

This week's top book pick is...

Amber's Book Reviews #252 ©BionicBasil® Steeped to Death by Gretchen Rue
Mewton-Clawson Library Copy

 Steeped to Death 


by 

Gretchen Rue

       Here's a little snippet of the book blurb:      

Phoebe Winchester's beloved aunt Eudora has a taste for adventure - and a knack for making magical tea. It's even rumoured that she just might be a witch. So when Eudora passes away and leaves everything to her niece - her Victorian mansion, her bookshop/tea store, The Earl's Study, and one very chubby orange cat named Bob - Phoebe gets more than she bargained for. And she knows she's in deep when a dead man is found on the shop's back step, apparently killed while trying to break in. Two suspects immediately emerge among the townspeople of Raven Creek, Washington. 

Amber's Book Review Mice Divider ©BionicBasil®

This week I had the purrleasure of reading Steeped to Death by Gretchen Rue, and I was thoroughly impressed by the author's ability to create a vivid and immersive world filled with charming characters, a well-crafted plot, and a feline companion that stole my heart, Bob. The story takes place in a small picturesque town called Ravens Creek, which is home to a quaint tea shop, and the author's attention to detail is evident in her descriptions of the town and its surroundings. The Earl's Study tea shop, in particular, was so well-described that I felt like I could smell the rich aroma of freshly brewed tea and hear the clinking of cups and saucers. The plot was well crafted, with twists and turns that kept me guessing until the very end. The author did an excellent job of building suspense and introducing red herrings that kept me on the edge of my seat. It was clear that the author had put a lot of thought and effort into creating a mystery that was both engaging and satisfying. The characters were another highlight of the book. Each one was unique and had their own distinct personality, quirks, and secrets. The author's attention to detail in character development was very good, and I found myself invested in each character's story. The feline companion, whom Phoebe inherited, Bob, stole the show with his adorable antics and charming personality, he was a crucial part of the story and added an extra layer of depth to the plot. Steeped to Death is a must-read for anyone who loves cat cozy mysteries. The author's attention to detail, character development, and plot twists make for an engaging and immersive reading experience. I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a charming and entertaining read, and there's one more in the series that I will be reviewing soon.

Another Totally Top Paw Read!

Audio: 7 hours 23 mins
Paperback: 320 pages
Amber's Book Review Library Mice Divider ©BionicBasil®
My Ratings Scale
Amber's Rating Scale Orange ©BionicBasil®
Amber's Book Reviews Divider ©BionicBasil® October 2023

Ratings of:

 Steeped to Death 

Overall Enjoyment

Amber's Rating Scale ©BionicBasil® 5 Paws

Amber's Book Review Divider ©BionicBasil®

Other Fun Blog Hops to Join Today


Amber's Book Reviews Divider ©BionicBasil® October 2023

I'm off to prepare for next week's review, as mew know the drill, so many books, so little time!

I always look forward to your company as I share a specially paw-picked book just for my epic readers!

Don't forget if mew are looking for great books with cats, check out the Book Review page, just click the link here or at the top of the page, as that's the place to visit to get your feline fiction fix.

Until next week...

Keep calm and read more books

Amber 









Amber's Book Reviews Divider ©BionicBasil® October 2023

Follow me at @BionicBasil® on Instacat

Don't furget to subscribe and never miss another review! 
Amber's Book Reviews Divider ©BionicBasil® October 2023
 graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com 

10 comments:

  1. There ARE so many books and so little time, Amber!
    You look gorgeous, and hiss at anyone who calls to crotchety...when they've done and seen as much as you have, they'll probably be a touch grumpy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to Amber's birthday. That sounds like a ripper yard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will soon be on holiday so I will wish you a very happy birthday now, Amber. That is a great review and sounds like a book I would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Amber, how excited we are to hear you are going on 21. That used to be the age of adulthood and allowed to do many grown up things. Of course, in these modern times, who even knows what age they let ev-furry one do ev-furry thing. And Lynn says she is happy to see she can get Gretchen Rue fur-om our library and she will, thanks to you. Since nasty covid, Lynn keeps 2 extra bags of kitty food here all the time. Good thing I do not know this, as I would tear them all open and scarf it down. Precious

    ReplyDelete
  5. The book does sound intriguing, Amber! I prefer bookmarks too, I don't like turned down corners!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amber, anyone who bends a page in a book should be clawed. Great review. I know you are a sweetie. I hope you have a wonderful 21st birthday and many more. Thank you to the PA for participating in the fill-ins. I enjoyed all her answers. I can't wait to see what she makes for Halloween. XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. We almost always have backups for the food and treat for the pups.
    Amber how amazing that you're going to be 21! That is furrific!

    You reviewed yet another good book, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amber, I think you're as adorable as ever sweet girl. That was a terrific review too. Tell the P.A. we enjoyed her fill-in answers. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are so many good books I just can't get to them all, and you are right, dog-earing (folding down a corner) is punishable by something too awful to consider -- a suspension of your reading privilege!

    Amber, I'd never believe you are crotchety. Particular about good begavior, yes, crotchety, no.

    Thank you for joining Feline Friday!

    ReplyDelete

❤️*Waves Paw* we love comments, thanks so much fur leaving one ❤️
FYI Comment Moderation is on due an influx of SPAM - so if mew don't see your comment straight away, DON'T PANIC!