Monday 23 October 2023

CATS HAVE PROBLEMS TOO! with Dr Basil ~ Featuring Today's Despurrate Dilemma **HELP! MY HUMANS GOT A PUPPY!**

  Welcome to 

Dr Basil ©BionicBasil®

Happy Monday, furry floofers

Welcome to another episode of Cats Have Purroblems Too, where I give epically epic advice to cats with despurrate dilemmas too great for them to solve alone. 

And if mew're wondering why mew haven't heard of this before, well, dearest furiends this was a regular segment I ran many years ago, and sadly the original posts are now archived. 

But it's back now, so take a seat and read today's despurrate dilemma and my solution.

Also, mew may be pondering on what my professional credentials are, so purrlease purruse the list below:

Ph.D. in Kitty Psychology & Psychiatry
BSc (Hons) Headology  
Psy.D. Furry Logic
 MS. Fuzzy Logic
MA. Common Sense

My other Professional Credits include:

NOM Master
Snoozy Savant
Purr Master
AdvoCat of T.L. Treatment
Touchy Feely Therapy or T.F.T
Purrfume Aroma Treatment or P.A.T.

I can help mew to solve all your Pet Peeves, Purrsonal Problems and Despurrate Dilemmas, no matter how great or small they may be.

Plus, I 
only use the very latest techniques, some of which I have developed myself over my long and esteemed career, which include:

 Purr Therapy ~ For Uptight and Particularly Stressed Kitties 

Nom Zen ~The Art of Nomming in Total Tranquility 

ZZZ's Snooze Sensation ~ Including Mewsical CatNap Sessions tailored to your purrsonal requirements

YogiCat Meditation ~ Stretches and Breathing Techniques for the Severely Stressed & Overworked

Intense CatNip Therapy ~ This treatment speaks for itself (I find it very beneficial)

I am also an AdvoCat of Tough Love coupled with a healthy dose of common kitty sense

Purrfume Aroma Treatment ~ A Sensory Smelling Session S.S.S. to calm and soothe with highly aromatic blends of specially selected scents

To help mew release all your stresses and worries just drop by my clinic held here or, alternatively email me your purroblem, and I'll answer here. If mew require to remain anonymous or anon, purrlease include that in your email. 


Mew can contact me directly at the following address:

DearDrBasil (at) gmail (dot) com

So come and sit on my supurr comfy couch, reee-lax, breathe deeply and tell me of your troubles, as I'm ready, willing and able to help.

Cats Have Purroblems Too with Dr Basil @BionicBasil® Find A Comfy Spot on The Couch

This is one of my cases via email:  

Help! Help My Humans Got A Puppy!

Dear Dr Basil

I am writing to you with great distress. My humans have brought home a new addition to our furmily, a pesky little puppy who is making my life miserable. I am constantly being disturbed by his presence, and he never leaves me alone. He is always following me around, attempting to play with me, and worst of all, stealing my food. I am at my wits' end and feel utterly helpless. Dr Basil, please help me! I need your expert advice on how to deal with this annoying puppy and reclaim my personal space. Sincerely, Mona aka A Frustrated Feline

This is my Expert Reply
Today I use the colour pink, as this is renowned for its nurturing and emotionally soothing properties. Therefore being the purrfect choice for this particular purroblem.
Dear Mona aka Frustrated Feline, I understand your distress, and I am here to help mew. Many cats have had to deal with pesky puppies in their homes, and I assure mew, there are ways to manage the situation. Here are some tips to help you deal with the puppy: 1. Establish boundaries: Your space is your own, and mew need to let the puppy know that. Make it clear to him that there are certain areas of the house that are strictly off-limits to him. Mew can use his presence as an opportunity to train your humans to set up some boundaries. 2. Stand your ground: If the puppy tries to engage mew in play, don't be afraid to assert yourself. Let him know that mew are not interested in playing with him at that moment. Mew can do this by hissing or swatting him away. 3. Keep your food safe: Puppies are notorious for stealing food, so mew need to keep your food in a safe place where the puppy can't get to it. Mew can use this as an opportunity to train your humans to keep your food in a secure location. 4. Create a safe space: If all else fails, create a safe space for yourself where the puppy can't bother mew. This can be a room or a cozy spot where mew can relax and unwind. Mew can also use this space to escape from the puppy when mew need some alone time.
Also remember that this new addtion to the furmily, while it's not purrfect at the moment, in time the puppy will settle down, and who knows, purrhaps mew will become supurr furiends. Remember, Mona, mew are the queen of the house, and mew deserve to have your own space. With these tips, Mew'll be able to coexist peacefully with the puppy and even enhance your daily life. Good luck!
Pawsitively yours,
Dr. Basil
@ The Cats Have Purroblems Too Clinic T.M.
____________________________

Today's Moral Code is:

SETTING BOUNDARIES EARLY ON IS THE WAY TO GO! ~
 
_________________________________
If mew can relate to this purroblem or feel that mew are in need of any assistance, purrlease leave a comment to: Dear Dr Basil.... or email me directly and I'll get back to mew.

Thank mew all for joining me today at The Cats Have Purroblems Too Clinic, and I'll be back next Monday with another open clinic and a new case study.

Until then, Keep Calm and Purr

Dr. Basil

Ph.D. ~ BSc. (Hons) ~ Psy.D. ~ MS ~ MA







'The Paw Print Seal of Approval'

Copyright and All Rights Reserved @ Dr Basil ~ Cats Have Purroblems Too Clinic

(T.M. ~ Totally Meowvellous)

Follow Us @BionicBasil®  at Instacat

And don't furget to subscribe and never miss another clinic 

Graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com    

7 comments:

  1. And to all kitty pawrents who want to get a pesky pup, make sure you've puppy-proofed your cat's area before the little one even comes home and train it to stay out of those places from the start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound advice, Basil. We have a woofie at home and we all adore him. He is very soft and we enjoy snuggling with him and playing with him. Thing of the puppy as a kitten variant. He will settle down!

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're most wise, Dr. Basil. Sage advice.

    I linked this post to Awww Mondays.

    Have a fabulous day and week. Scritches to the kitties and a hug to mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. A puppy! Wow! Fantastic advice for kitties who find this unexpected woofie in their home turf!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can;t imagine that Dr Basil. I really can't. Thank goodness there is no way Mom will bring one in unless it is an emergency to save the dog's life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was good advise and remember Mona, you CAN train that puppy!

    ReplyDelete

❤️*Waves Paw* we love comments, thanks so much fur leaving one ❤️
FYI Comment Moderation is on due an influx of SPAM - so if mew don't see your comment straight away, DON'T PANIC!