Tuesday 5 March 2024

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN ~ HALLOWEEN STORY TIME **CLAWS OF TERROR** A BRAND NEW BASIL AND THE B TEAM ADVENTURE FOR 2024

Claws of Terror ©BionicBasil® Adventure Story

Tuesday Tails Text Banner ©BionicBasil®

Tuesday Tails Banner ©BionicBasil®

Tuesday Tails Text Banner ©BionicBasil®

Claws of Terror is an action-packed and immersive adventure that takes mew on a journey through a world of danger and excitement. The story draws mew in with vivid and detailed descriptions of the intense battles and spine-tingling encounters, making mew feel as though mew are right there with The B Team, fighting for survival.

HANG ON TIGHT GUYS, THIS IS GOING TO BE ONE WILD NIGHT!!!

If mew missed the start of this brand-new adventure click the link below:

Chapter One   Chapter Two   Chapter Three    Chapter Four    Chapter Five

Chapter Six    Chapter Seven    Chapter Eight     Chapter Nine     Chapter Ten

Chapter Eleven     Chapter Twelve     Chapter Thirteen     Chapter Fourteen     Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Sixteen     Chapter Seventeen

Claws of Terror ©BionicBasil® Halloween Adventure - Divider 

Chapter Eighteen

The Rotten Fetid Barbecue!

Why is it, just when mew think, everything is going to be ok? That it all turns to fluff in a paw-basket in less time than it takes to say, Fluff me, I never saw that one coming?

Vera roared and became incensed as she spat a barrage of fire at the two figures lying on the narrow lane. The flames were so hot that Posie, Pandora, Miss Warts and Mogs retreated further into the graveyard. The screaming was gut-wrenching as the inferno increased.

The last remaining Red Wing Raptors pounced on her from behind, and the army of zombie cats staggered towards the lane and encircled the prone burning figures.

Vera launched upward and twisted in the air, knocking the savage raptors to the floor. They landed on top of the shufflers, scattering them everywhere, like bowling pins. Vera swooped upwards again and then descended with such force that the ground quaked as she squashed many of the shufflers with her huge claws. Leaping into the air again, she hovered just above the fray, and flames covered the entire lane.

The smell was rank, like a burning, rotten flesh barbecue. Pandora gagged as the stomach-churning aroma filled the graveyard.

Posie peered through the mist as she watched Vera unleash a barrage of molten lava on the zombie cats and vaporised them, their bodies bursting apart and the remaining dust particles exploding.

Funghorn Furkle screamed as the molten lava covered him from the waist down and he watched in horror as his limbs melted. His screaming didn’t stop until Vera spewed more of the molten fire all over him, silencing him forever.

The robed figure was trying to crawl away as the lava bubbled and rolled towards him. He shrieked, “I am Klagnut Bumfuzzel, and I refuse to be beaten by you!” Trying to stretch out his charred arm, he pointed the magical wand at Vera and began to chant. The crystal tipped glowed red as he harnessed the last of his power, and just as the necromancer was about to finish the spell, Vera spewed a massive dollop of molten lava on him.

Posie whooped in triumph. “Way to go Vera!”

The last few Red Wing Raptors made a last charge towards Vera as she unleashed another barrage of flaming intensity until they were nothing more than a molten puddle of silvery liquid steaming on the ground. The huge white, hybrid dragon roared in victory, and soared into the air, returning into a buzzing swarm of nano-particles as she swooped back towards BBHQ through the mist, her mission complete.

Posie, Pandora, Miss Warts, and Mogs wasted no time, and jumped over the wall, racing across the field after the departing swarm.

>^.^<

          Sitting next to the fire, unable to sleep, my brain was buzzing with so many thoughts as they hacked their way through my mind, like a blunt machete cutting through the jungle. And I couldn’t figure out why. Why the necromantic cult would strike on our home ground? Why they would think that they could effortlessly wipe us all out? Why they thought they had the upper paw in all of this? It made little sense, and then it hit me.

Humphrey came and sat next to me, as everyone else was sleeping and soft snores filled the cave.

“Basil,” he said. “None of this computes. It doesn’t make sense on any level.”

I looked at him and nodded. “I think I’ve just worked it out.”

He gave me a knowing glance. “It was a distraction.”

“Exactly,” I agreed. “And while I’ve been deeply worried about what’s been happening at BBHQ, I know Vera will have done her best.”

“Posie will have made sure that Pandora, Miss Warts and Mogs were ok, and I know those three have enough magical powers between them to be fine, but…”

“But necromancer magic is different, right?”

“Yep!” he said.

“I know they will be fine,” I replied. “But I’m still pondering the possibilities of why the distraction… oh no…”

“What?” Humphrey asked.

“It was a test,” I said with utter certainty. “A test to see if we survived and if we did, the Red Evil would come in her non-corporeal form to try to harness the souls of… well, Pandora and Melvyn.”

“As those two combined are probably the most powerful magical entities for the light in our dimension.”

I nodded, and my stomach lurched sideways as I realised that the Mogwarts attacks were nothing more than another distraction to get us there, and when that failed, they came to BBHQ.

Glancing around the cave, I saw Melvyn snuggled next to Amber and Snowie; he was so little, and I bristled with anger at the thought of some ancient evil wanting to extract his soul and harness his power. And the same for Pandora, she’d also been through so much before she found her way to BBHQ, and there was no way I was going to let some old, power mad hag hurt my family.

Turing to Humphrey, I said. “She’s headed to Mewton-Clawson. She’s coming to harvest souls, and we need to get back there and stop her once and for all.”

>^.^<

          Pandora jumped over the broken gates at BBHQ followed by Miss Wart, Mogs and Posie. Avoiding the hardening, silvery slick on the lawn, they raced towards the bunker entrance, clambering over the remains of the summerhouse as Vera in her nano-particle form swirled above the foggy garden still buzzing with anger.

Punching the code into the door, it opened and they headed inside. The corridor was in total disarray, and the smell of death permeated the air. The emergency lighting was casting all kinds of weird shadows among the chaos.

Mogs hissed, and his hackles rose as something limped towards us through the debris.

Pandora’s paws glowed as she harnessed her power and stepped forward, carefully peering into the gloom.

“Don’t shoot!” A voice said. “It’s me, Winston!”

“Winston, what are mew doing up here?” Pandora asked cautiously. “I thought mew were locked in on Level Eight with Horice and the magical menagerie?”

Mogs stepped next to Pandora and softly rested a paw on her shoulder. Her mind immediately received the telepathic message.

“That is not Winston, that is death!”

>^.^<

          Watching Meow-Da sleep, I fidgeted with anxiety, as I knew we had to get back to BBHQ. The M-Unit were in deep conversation near the cave entrance. Smoke sat on his own near the fire pit looking defeated and dejected. He was processing how his life was going to be going forward, and I approached him.

“Dude,” I said quietly.

He glanced at me, tears filling his eyes before he dropped his gaze towards the floor.

Snowie came to sit next to him, putting a paw on his arm. “It’s going to be ok,” she soothed. “It’ll be alright, won’t it, Basil?”

Crouching down, I said. “Smoke, I know mew’re hurting, and I know mew feel abandoned, but know this, mew have a home and family with us at BBHQ.”

He shook his head. “I don’t deserve a home after what I’ve done.”

Bomber came and sat next to Snowie; he looked calmer as he said to Smoke. “I understand mew didn’t have a choice, that mew were forced into that mission. I get that, but why didn’t mew tell us? Maybe we could have done something to save your sister?”

Smoke tried to speak, but his voice cracked, and he shook with grief.

I looked at Bomber and said. “I think he was too afraid to admit anything.”

The grey Maine Coon nodded as tears splashed onto the sandy floor.

“He was scared that mew would turn on him and cast him out,” I continued. “And he had nowhere to go, and no family left, and I guess he thought that mew’d never find out and he’d take that dark secret to the grave.”

Ice and Shadow, hearing my words, came to stand next to me as Bomber said. “I get that now, and we are so sorry your sister was killed.”

Shadow said. “Smoke, mew have saved my life more times that I can count, and I’m sorry that I got angry with mew.”

Ice nodded and added. “Me too dude, and we are so sorry about your sister.”

“I’m so sorry I never told mew guys,” Smoke choked out the words. “I never wanted to spy on mew or your boss, but my sister…”

Snowie and I moved out of the way as Bomber, Ice and Shadow sat together in front of Smoke and the four of them talked among themselves.

“I hope they can forgive each other,” Snowie murmured to me.

“Me too," I replied softly. “Those guys have been through so much together, and I’d hate to see them fall out permanently.”

I heard a huge yawn and spun around to see Meow-Da stretching. He coughed several times and then looked at me. “Time to go.”

“Meow-Da, we are ready!”

I looked around at my team; Fudge, Parsley and Smooch stepped forward. Amber picked up Melvyn, who was still snoozing, and she said. “Let’s go home.”

“What do we need to do?” I asked Meow-Da.

“Young Kitten, he knows,” Meow-Da said pointing his cabbage stalk walking stick at Melvyn.

Melvyn suddenly woke up, his eyes were the size of dinner plates as dread leached out of his pores.

“Uncle Basil, that thing, she’s at BBHQ!” he squeaked. “Pandora is in terrible danger. We need to get home now!”

**AND CUT**

Claws of Terror ©BionicBasil® Halloween Adventure - Divider

Guys, mew know how we roll, so many apologies to cut it right there, but we will say, fluff me, and fluffing fluff, it’s just so bonkers!!! MOL 

Jumpin' juniper berries, is The Red Evil aka Crimson Ubel really at BBHQ?

How is Melvyn going to get us home?

and

Will this be the last battle?

If you would like to read Chapter 19, let us know in the comments, as OH MY CAT, this is getting wilder each week. In fact, the P.A. has decided to stay in bed until this saga ends, as it’s all just too much! MOL

  Remember, this story is for mew, and mew decide if it continues.

Don’t forget to check out yesterday’s Colouring with Cats post if mew missed it, and we’ll be back tomorrow with some more Midweek News.

In the meantime...

Tuesday Tails Stay Fluffy Banner ©BionicBasil®

Wing Commander Basil & The B Team 











Follow Us @BionicBasil®  at TikTokInstacatTwitter and Facebook

  

**PLEASE NOTE**

Copyright © 2024 by BionicBasil® & Cathrine Garnell  ~ Author & Publisher

All rights reserved. No part of this blog serialised publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including; content scraping, screenshots, blatant copying or any other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the author and publisher. For permission requests, write to the publisher, addressed “Attention: Permissions Coordinator,” at the email address below:

cathrinegarnell @gmail . com 

The right of Cathrine Garnell to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted by them in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. All rights reserved. 

All characters, people, places, names of businesses are fictitious and any resemblance to real people, alive or dead, is purely coincidental. 

Except for The B Team as they’re REALLY REAL!

 

Graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com   

9 comments:

  1. I doubt I will be able to sleep until the net installment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, I'm on the edge of my seat, hoping they can defeat the plans of evil, whatever they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is a goodie! Besides, Halloween will be here before you know it. Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edge of your seat thrills. Well done.

    Have a fabulous day and week. Scritches all around and my best to your wonderful mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness for Vera! Hurry back B Team, Pandora needs you ASAP if not sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's alot of excitement! It will keep us on edge, until we know more ... !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Moley. My gosh, I'll need mom nest to me tonight to soothe me!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend. Scritches to the kitties and a big hug to mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete

❤️*Waves Paw* we love comments, thanks so much fur leaving one ❤️
FYI Comment Moderation is on due an influx of SPAM - so if mew don't see your comment straight away, DON'T PANIC!