Tuesday 16 January 2024

CHAPTER ELEVEN ~ HALLOWEEN STORY TIME **CLAWS OF TERROR** A BRAND NEW BASIL AND THE B TEAM ADVENTURE FOR 2024

Claws of Terror ©BionicBasil® Halloween Adventure

Tuesday Tails Text Banner ©BionicBasil®

Tuesday Tails Banner ©BionicBasil®

Tuesday Tails Text Banner ©BionicBasil®

Claws of Terror is an action-packed and immersive adventure that takes mew on a journey through a world of danger and excitement. With vivid and detailed descriptions of the intense battles and spine-tingling encounters, the story draws mew in, making mew feel as though mew are right there with The B Team, fighting for survival.

HANG ON TIGHT GUYS, THIS IS GOING TO BE ONE WILD NIGHT!!!

If mew missed the start of this brand-new adventure click the link below:

Chapter One   Chapter Two   Chapter Three    Chapter Four    Chapter Five

Chapter Six    Chapter Seven    Chapter Eight     Chapter Nine     Chapter Ten

Claws of Terror ©BionicBasil® Halloween Adventure - Divider 

~ Chapter 11 ~

What The Fluff Just Happened?

Mew know I absolutely dread scenarios like this, where one or more of my team are in the wind, and I have no idea if they’re captured, injured, dead or alive.

          Tapping my comms unit, I said. “Pandora, can mew hear me?”

Snowie was desperately tapping on her keyboard as she changed the camera angles on Level One. Letting out a frustrated sigh, she said. “Vera, scan Level One for Pandora, Miss Warts, and Mogs.”

The Bunker A.I. responded. “Scanning now.”

My comms headset was chillingly silent as I waited for Vera to complete the scan. A minute or so later, Vera said. “No life forms detected on Level One.”

“Fluff me!” I spat angrily. “Where are they?”

Fudge, Smooch, and Parsley were by the doors. Parsley turned to me and said, his paw hovering over the control panel. “Basil, we’re going to find them.”

“Stop!” I commanded. “If we open those doors, we’re all done for; we’ll be overrun in moments. Look at how many shufflers are out there on the monitors, and if any of mew…” my voice trailed off as my mind filled with every scenario of what could happen. Taking a calming breath, I said. “There’s another way out of the Control Room, but…”

“Basil! Basil!” Pandora’s voice crackled faintly through my comms unit.

“Pandora, where are mew?”  

“Basil!” Basil!”

And then there was nothing but silence. “Jumpin’ juniper berries,” I cursed.

A collective sigh sounded around the Control Room. “At least she’s still alive,” Amber said as she came to stand next to me.

“Vera, scan everywhere inside the bunker and the entire village for Pandora,” Snowie instructed. "And check for magical barriers or wards, or anomalies."

“Scanning now with updated settings,” Vera affirmed efficiently.

Humphrey poked his head around the doorway from the boardroom. “Basil mew’re going to want to see this.”

>^.^<

          The Red Wing Raptors entered the BBHQ driveway and headed straight for LilyDeth and Sawragon, who were battering the fluffing fluff out of the invisi-dome. The shield crackled with electric blue light and fizzed loudly as the energy grid was forced to increase the load each time they hit it, and the smaller raptors joined in, bombarding the shield at ground level.

Funghorn Furkle limped around the corner and stood at the edge of the driveway as he watched his pets mercilessly assault the BBHQ defences.

He chuckled raucously as he ran his gnarled fingers through his neon orange and white streaked, frizzy hair. It looked like he’d licked his fingers and stuck them in a live electrical socket, but it was just the rampaging power coursing through his body, causing an overload of static.

“Soon my pretties,” he lisped gleefully. “Soon, we will be in the famous BBHQ bunker, and The B Team will be terminated… permanently.”

>^.^<

          Pandora, Mogs and Miss Warts had only just managed to get inside the broom cupboard and slam the door shut as the zombie cats puthered out of the ceiling vent. Pandora activated the ward, and the magical barrier sparkled over the entryway.

Miss Warts was gasping for breath, and Mogs sat heavily next to his mistress as Pandora tapped her comms unit.

She hissed in utter annoyance as she realised that her wards, which covered the entire room, would block the signal. “Botheration!” she mumbled in her odd, little foreign accent. “I knew I should have recalibrated the ward to enable the comms unit to work.”

Mogs and Miss Warts looked at her. “Mew mean nopawdy knows we’re alive?” Mogs asked.

“Basil will be literally freaking out right now,” she paused, as she thought about how to boost the signal to traverse the magical barrier.

Miss Warts and Mogs looked around the room, and that’s when Mogs saw a vent in the ceiling. He coughed awkwardly and jabbed his paw upwards.

Pandora looked, and her heart sank. They would be discovered in a matter of minutes.  

She cursed under her breath, not wanting anyone to hear the abject profanities she was muttering.

Mogs looked at the amethyst circle, then back at his mistress. “Could we create a portal here?”

Miss Warts stepped closer to the large gleaming geodes. She didn’t step inside the circle as in the magical realm, that would be terrible etiquette. An unspeakable faux pas of the highest level. She turned to Pandora, who was looking for something on the counter at the back of the room. “Pandora, may we step into the circle?”

“Miss Warts and Mogs, I give mew permission to step inside the amethyst circle,” she replied.

They stepped inside the circle, and a purple light began to fill the room.

“Wow, this is incredibly powerful,” Miss Mogs said.

“Immensely impressive,” Mogs agreed.

“Got it!” Pandora called, as she hurried towards them.

As she stepped over the threshold, the power intensified, so much so that Miss Warts and Mogs shivered with the tingles that engulfed them both from the power surge.

Pandora revealed a very twinkly, clear crystal. “It’s a Herkimer diamond. I know it’s small, but it is mighty, and I’m hoping that it will enable me to speak through the comms unit.”

She murmured a short incantation and waved her paw over the glittering stone; it glowed the deepest blue, like the bottom of the ocean, and she placed it near her comms unit, tapping the button; it crackled, and she said. “Basil! Basil!”

A couple of seconds later, she cried. “I can hear Basil… Basil!”

The Herkimer diamond stopped glowing, its power drained, and the comms unit went dead.

>^.^<

          As I entered the boardroom, Posie took my paw and said. “Basil, I will go and check the broom cupboard; they may have made it there.”

I looked at my older sister and smiled. “Posie, what would we do without mew?”

She tapped her Earth Me Device and her corporeal form dissolved until she was in her full, ghostly form.

“Be very careful,” I said. “As we don’t know whether the shuffler's magic could cause mew harm.”

She nodded, giving me a taut smile, and vanished into the floor.

Vera’s voice rang out. “There are no signs of Pandora anywhere within the bunker or in the surrounding area. However, my scanners are picking up an anomaly around the area of the broom cupboard next to Commander Basil’s office, and it appears to be a magical shield of some sort which I cannot penetrate to view inside the room.”

I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding, as I now knew that Pandora and, hopefully, Miss Warts and Mogs were safely ensconced in there.

“That’s a relief,” Smooch said, as he, Fudge and Parsley entered the boardroom

“Mew’re not kidding,” I replied. “But how long until they’re not safe, as I doubt there’s any way out, other than the doorway in.”

My team looked at me, and I could tell by their expressions that they’d open the Control Room doors in a heartbeat to go on a rescue mission. Even Shadow and Ice gave me the nod. They were just waiting for me to say the word.

“Dudes, let’s wait until Posie gets back. If there’s trouble, then we’ll unleash all fluff and damnation on those unholy shufflers!”

Bomber stood up and pointed at the text on the screen which still looked like Furling-On crossed with Cati-form to me.

“Commander Basil,” he said urgently. “I think this could help. In our archives from the future, it says that mew deployed an EMP to render the T-Rexs and Red Wing Raptors inert, but…” he paused as he pointed to another paragraph. “It says here by doing so, mew also wiped out all your own tech and mew were left fighting in the dark, literally.” He gulped before saying. “And this caused the loss of some of the B Team.”

I pondered this for a moment, and to be honest, I did think about using the EMP weapon for about five seconds and dismissed it because of that exact scenario. And then this led me to think that the timeline was changing because I didn’t make that choice. Oh, I fluffing hate paradoxical conundrums!

Squeezing my eyes tight shut, I inhaled a deep breath which I let out slowly as I Iet my mind wander; I knew I had the answer. I knew it was buried deep in my psyche, in my soul home, it was there, but for the life of me, I couldn’t grasp that elusive solution that would solve this disastrous dilemma we were in.

Humphrey put a comforting paw on my shoulder, and I instantly returned from my reverie. Looking around the boardroom; Snowie, Amber, Humphrey, Fudge, Parsley, Smooch and young Melvyn stared at me, expecting me to pull a rabbit out of the hat and finish this.

Bomber, Shadow, Smoke, and Ice waited patiently. They were stood a little ways off and Smoke kept looking at the screen. He nudged Bomber, who also looked at the screen for a moment, and then they both stared at the ground, forlorn expressions clouding their faces as if no matter what we did or tried, we were doomed.

Not wanting to let on that I’d noticed their reaction to whatever they’d just read, as let me tell mew, a defeatist outlook will only bring a defeatist result, and I was no fluffing loser. And there was no fluffing way I was losing any of my team either, not today, not fluffing ever.

Feeling the intense vitriol of being ambushed on my home turf by some fluffing power-mad necromancer, zombie cats and the A.I. robot dinosaurs, boiling rage surged through me. My hackles rose, and I started to growl.

My team jumped back as I looked up and met everyone’s gaze. My emerald green eyes were blazing with fury.

“This stops right now, and that fluffing necromancer and his unholy harbingers of doom are going to learn the real hard way that mew never mess with The B Team, HOOAH!”

“HOOAH!” came the united response, and seriously everyone had it all on not to let their weapons fire at the ceiling. It was a moment, a turning point, and I knew, right then and there, that we were going into battle, and one like we’ve never fought before.

In the next second, the bunker alarm sounded, the lighting turned an ominous shade of red, and Vera said in her clinical and sometimes most annoying way. “The Invisi-dome has been breached. I repeat the Invisi-Dome has been breached.”

**AND CUT**

Claws of Terror ©BionicBasil® Halloween Adventure - Divider

Guys, mew know how we roll, so many apologies to cut it right there, but we will say, OH MY COD, it's getting totally out of control at BBHQ, can we take the pressure???? 

AND

What will Posie discover in the broom cupboard?

Will Pandora, Mogs and Miss Warts have been able to escape?

What did Smoke and Bomber read, was it really that bad? Or maybe even worse?

If mew would like to read Chapter 12, let us know in the comments, as OH MY CAT, this is getting wilder by the second!  Remember, this story is for mew, and mew decide if it continues.

Don't forget to check out yesterday's brand new Cats Have Purroblems Too post, and we'll be back tomorrow with some more Midweek News.

In the meantime...

Tuesday Tails Stay Fluffy Banner ©BionicBasil®

Wing Commander Basil & The B Team 










Click Here to go to Chapter 12

Follow Us @BionicBasil®  at TikTokInstacatTwitter and Facebook

  

**PLEASE NOTE**

Copyright © 2024 by BionicBasil® & Cathrine Garnell  ~ Author & Publisher

All rights reserved. No part of this blog serialized publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including; content scraping, screenshots, blatant copying or any other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the author and publisher. For permission requests, write to the publisher, addressed “Attention: Permissions Coordinator,” at the email address below:

cathrinegarnell @gmail . com 

The right of Cathrine Garnell to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted by them in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. All rights reserved. 

All characters, people, places, names of businesses are fictitious and any resemblance to real people/cats/dinosaurs/zombies or other creatures, alive or dead, is purely coincidental. Except for The B Team as they're REALLY REAL!

 

Graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com 

10 comments:

  1. Every Tuesday I come here to be entertained and bow down to your brilliance

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one messes with Basil and gets away with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pandora…curse a way…we due knot care…N basil dood, sum timez
    buddy when ya think and think then due knot, ewe can rememburr
    what ya waz tryin two, and who noez…may bee a rabbit wood help! šŸ˜ŗšŸ™€šŸŸšŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's was pretty amazing, way to go gang and you tell them Pandora!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let the battle begin. I can see it coming too. Well done.

    Have a fabulous day and week. Scritches to all the kitties and a big hug to mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. They have made a big mistake getting you that furious, Basil! I am sure you will find the answer you are looking for, but I think it is in the future if you can find the way to look there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I certainly hope all the B Team survives this. XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Getting intense for sure! Awaiting next chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow eeee can't wait for next chapter.šŸ™€šŸ™€

    ReplyDelete

❤️*Waves Paw* we love comments, thanks so much fur leaving one ❤️
FYI Comment Moderation is on due an influx of SPAM - so if mew don't see your comment straight away, DON'T PANIC!